• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Idea to play all 5 Regions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
  • How many times has this idea come up...?

About 30 times, and I'm not exaggerating. This "idea" is basically omnipresent in any pokemon forum I've ever gone to.

That being said, I'll list pros and cons (some are only based on my opinion)

Pros
    -Diversity (BIG factor)
    -More Game content
    -Longer gameplay (could be con, depending on your POV)
    -Less grinding towards level 100 (possibly)

Cons
    -Reduce sales of other games (possibly)
    -Tricky level curve between regions (possibly)
    -Space of data available might not accommodate the data needed for this game
    -Realistic chance of Game Freak making this sort of game is extremely slim. They would have to implement data worth 5 regions @_@ (sort of on hand with 3rd reason)
    -Future regions may feel "left out."

I personally think pros outweigh cons, but again, that's my opinion.

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    They could do this as more of a final shabam thing, like when the company is about go bankrupt.... Wait, they control almost every child 5-9, so that won't happen any time soon.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • I think someone already mentioned it would be to much for a game card to handle lol

So from what I can speculate, it's about 50/50 of the Pokemon fans who would like this game and dislike. Not bad. I'd like the idea myself, if it was on PC or on Nintendo, but I was just wanting to receive opinions about this. Lots of advantages/disadvantages that's for sure.
    While I would like this game, its still a 0/100 chance of game freak making it/not making it. The ONLY thing I could see happening was if Game Freak said "okay, we're not making any more games after this (and why would they do that when it makes them so much money)" and decided to go out with a bang.

Still, its not going to happen.

Years
  • I would not want a game in which you traveled all regions. It would get too long, it's hard enough for me to finish them as it.

An mmorpg however, would be a perfect setting for an expansive world. : )

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • About 30 times, and I'm not exaggerating. This "idea" is basically omnipresent in any pokemon forum I've ever gone to.

That being said, I'll list pros and cons (some are only based on my opinion)

Pros
    -Diversity (BIG factor)
    -More Game content
    -Longer gameplay (could be con, depending on your POV)
    -Less grinding towards level 100 (possibly)

Cons
    -Reduce sales of other games (possibly)
    -Tricky level curve between regions (possibly)
    -Space of data available might not accommodate the data needed for this game
    -Realistic chance of Game Freak making this sort of game is extremely slim. They would have to implement data worth 5 regions @_@ (sort of on hand with 3rd reason)
    -Future regions may feel "left out."

I personally think pros outweigh cons, but again, that's my opinion.
    I'll go ahead and disagree with that. =p Firstly - Game Freak (and Nintendo) like any gaming company are foremost interested in sales. Something that can affect sales negatively is always a huge point for them. Then there's the reasons like memory, and if one of the cons renders the idea impossible then I'd argue it's always going to be bigger than all of the pros combined.

That, and some of the pros are a bit iffy. What do you mean, for starters, by diversity? And would that overcome any of the cons? For instance, would it attract a significant amount of more people to buying it that otherwise wouldn't buy any of the other games?

Longer gameplay is not much of a concern for Pokemon either given the main quest in itself is pretty long and you have the whole competitive battling aspect, and catching them all if on wants. 649 different critters for people to get is always going to offer a long gameplay. That and I question the importance of 'less grinding' given teams can be auto-scaled on level with wifi battles, so that factor is already diminished compared to previous generations.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • I imagine that if they did this, it would be if the Pokemon games were coming to a known end and they wanted to release one final game to please people.

Hell I'd love to play it, I think it'd be grouse! ; D

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I wouldn't want a game that had all of the regions in it because Game Freak will have to cram so much stuff into one game and it might not have all of the detail stuff in it.

:t354:TG

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • Like some people are saying, it would be totally awesome and I have to admit I've thought about it quite a bit myself, but leveling would be a serious problem. I think it would be cool if you were able to transfer your Trainer info and Pokemon to another game, but it reduces the lvls back to 5. That would be just like the anime almost, haha!

Years
  • Kind of in the "would be nice to see but will never happen camp" ..

After crossing into different regions, do you keep your pokemon? Whats there to stop you from using all your uber powered guys from the old region you just came from? Is the lvl cap extended, or is everything else lvling along side you? Would it be possible then, to run into a lvl 100 Pidgey in the wild? Too much content to go through, I fear.

If Gamefreak was to make an MMO, that's probably the only way this idea works. But the idea of a pokemon MMO is a bit dodgey too.. real simple stuff, like how would you handle battles? Can you help your friends in fights? How would you catch a Pokemon? Would it be easy for a player to "kill steal" a Pokemon you wanted? Are the gameboy versions going to be compatible? I mean, there's a lot to think about.

In the end, it's a lot more trouble than it's worth. Which is probably why the only MMO experience is basically dreamworld.

I think it kind of goes against their business model for Pokemon anyway - if there ever was one.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    If we ignore the technicalities of the game, it could work. And they could even stick a new region on the end if they pleased. :p

Years
  • I never liked the idea of having a game created with all the regions. I feel like it would be rushed and be too long to be honest.

Houndoomed

Battle Master
    Years
  • I would love a super long game that allowed travel between all the regions, they could include all pokemon even event ones hidden in the wild, it would be the ultimate pokedexers dream to be able to obtain all pokemon without trade, evo trade pokemon being the exception.

Zeus

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2012
    I'm thinking a way they could keep leveling interesting is to have you drop off all of your pokemon from the past region in that region's storage box and start a new journey.

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
    Years
  • At first glance, it's a decent idea, but it would be way too long. Of course, if you stay dedicated throughout, completion would be achievable for sure. Then there's the leveling issue. I highly doubt they would change the maximum level of 100.

Without looking at the cons, I'd certainly want it. Then after I look at them, I have no idea who
    would want the game.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I'm thinking a way they could keep leveling interesting is to have you drop off all of your pokemon from the past region in that region's storage box and start a new journey.

No, no, and no. If they did something like this, then it would be a definite no-buy for me. I'm not going to buy a game that forces me to ditch my Pokemon every new region. That wouldn't be any different than just playing the games on different cartridges.

Besides, that's what a certain idiot from the anime does, and I don't want to follow suit.

I've still never liked the idea of cramming the regions into one game, level scaling issue or not. It would involve too much play time and force me to replay the hellhole/wasteland called Hoenn.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Nope. Why? There are some reasons.

1. Gameplay- Sure, I like long games but this one..it's just too much.
    2. Ditching Pokémon- No. I worked very hard to train them and now I get this as my reward? No.
    3. Boring- At first sight, I'd be like; "OMG I LOVE THIS GAME AAAH!" but after a while, I'd get bored of it. That's why I hate extremely long games....unless if it has something interesting every stage--whatsoever.
    4. Overpower- If you don't ditch your Pokémon, you'd be a GOD in the next region which is just...wrong.

Well, most have been mentioned lol. Overall, I wouldn't buy this game.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    I think the game should be put on console, on a master disc sort of, and have a plot line other then go to a region, fight gym leaders, beat Elite 4, done. Or instead of an Elite 4 have something like the show with a tournament. For leveling, have like the levels of your Pokemon reset to like 25 or something, but they retain their moves. Like for Kanto and Johto have go up to however high it can be, but after that it gets bonked down, but their power remains the same. The best example I can put is like sports games transitioning from college to pro you might be a star player in college and have a rating of 90ish, but when you get to pro it goes down because you're on a higher playing field, have it something like that with when you go to Hoenn, Shinoh, etc. Like have it be like Ash's Pikachu, should be a god by now but can still get beat

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • What if it is just a much bigger region. Have 12 gyms, more cities, higher level elite four. New starters would be great. Include 2 new legendaries along with old ones. More places to explore than usual. A lot of after game gameplay. Friend safaris, battle maison, more content. They could add dlc with some new stuff, too. I also would like a starter that looks cool and cutish in the final form. Delphox and final form of cheap in were ok. Greninja was awesome.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back