• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ideal Behavior

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2009
    How do you think children should ideally behave? This includes the way they dress, talk, and act.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Children are to behave like children, if teens like it or not.

Without children, there will be no playfulness, without playfulness, there would be no inspiration, without inspiration, there is no Guitar Hero, without Guitar Hero, there is no me :).

Children are behaving playful, stupid, gross, and lazy, that's fine with me.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    I'm not too big on etiquette except for 'gross' stuff...belching out in the open is unacceptable, and so is any discussion of bathroom details unless you're speaking to your doctor. Oh, and boys from age three to when they die should not wear hats indoors...sunglasses and visors, however, are exempt.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
    They are just kids. They play and do everything they like because they don't have any knowledge yet. As they grow up they learn and learn until they behave like an adult.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    A quite broad question but I'll answer anyway; Dress wise, they can dress how they like except in girls, it's absolutly repulsive to see girls as young as 5 covered in makeup and wearing miniskirts and high heels. Talking in any way is fine other than the repetetive swearing, most kids here around the age of 10 have to add the f word into every sentence they say; you can usually tell how intelligent a child is by the way they talk. Most kids need to be taught morals and not to value material objects so much, many kids would steal their best friends things because they value material objects more than friends.
    In nearly all cases it's the parents fault not the childs, parents bring their kids up this way but it's the child that suffers from this poor upbringing and it's unfair to blame it on the kids.

Years
    In nearly all cases it's the parents fault not the childs, parents bring their kids up this way but it's the child that suffers from this poor upbringing and it's unfair to blame it on the kids.

My thoughts exactly. A child is but a form of wax to his or her parent. The question should really be 'How do you think parents should ideally behave around their children'.

Anyway, to answer your question, who cares how they behave? Their children, for crying out loud! Let them have a little fun (to a certain extent). As long as they're not stealing or killing (lol) or anything like that, then what's they big deal? You're the older one, so aren't you suppose to be the one with a little more patience? Aren't you suppose to be the one with values and such? Comparing a child's behavior to that of an adult is completely wrong; you wouldn't expect a grade three to be capable of university level math, would you? Of course not, so why expect a child to behave as an adult? Good social skills are a learned trait; learning takes time. Longer than ten or eleven years.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    The only thing I'd actually expect a child to be is curious, lest I become concerned about their wellbeing.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    This is a bit of an open ended question...as long as they're drug dealer or murderer, I'd be happy haha.

A quite broad question but I'll answer anyway; Dress wise, they can dress how they like except in girls, it's absolutly repulsive to see girls as young as 5 covered in makeup and wearing miniskirts and high heels.

I've always found it funny how boys can dress how they like, but girls can dress "too old"...hmm. Just a thought haha. Although, I don't think most people would be extremly happy if their son's wore that either XD

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I've always found it funny how boys can dress how they like, but girls can dress "too old"...hmm. Just a thought haha. Although, I don't think most people would be extremly happy if their son's wore that either XD

For boys its jeans and a T-shirt all the way through life xD
    For some reason I don't think many boys would choose to dress like that, not many boys that are that age at least anyway.
    I don't really like girls of any age dressing like that; when they are older though they can make that choice themselves knowing what image they're giving themselves; a child cannot.

Candace

Beauty Trainer
    Years
    I'm sure everyone here would die if they met my nieces and nephews

nephew Simon:
    1 year old. Doesn't do much, but frequentl has something scribbled on his back. Usually profanities. My nieces uses permanent markers on him. I can't wait to see what he grows up to be

nephew Philip:
    9 years old. Self-proclaimed homosexual ever since he was 6 and we found him giving a blow-job to his friend Benjamin. He later declared that "When I grow up I want to become gay!" He also curses QUITE a lot and his current catchphrase is, telling everyone, "How are you doing, you vagina-sucker?" Very charming boy

niece Emma:
    Age 14. The only GOOD one (except for Simon so far). Likes motrocross, sports in general. Doesn't curse, drink nor do anything that would be considered bad. Subjected to bullying a lot and keeps to herself most of the time

niece Jenny:
    age 15. Loves to drinka nd get really drunk/wasted. Recently ran away from home for the third time and ended up in foster care for a month. Coming home till Christmas. Smokes like a chimney and is generally foul mouthed but INCREDIBLY pretty (has a boyfriend 3 years older who's given her gifts worth thousands of dollars each, including diamond jewellery)

niece Malin:
    age 16. Studying to become a chef. Also loves to drink and smokes like a chimney. fouled mouthed and once streaked throughout the mall where she lives (all which was caught on tape and sent to everyone's cellphones, including mine, her grandma's and her mom's)

BUT I LOVE THEM

Reactions: Her

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Children should act like children. Loud, obnoxious, gross, annoying, bratty, curious - Whatever it takes.

Hawkfish said:
    I think ideal behavior is being polite in public, considerate.. and not wearing hats in a resterant. That's just plain uncouth.
    You can't expect children to be polite in public, no matter how good or bad they are. Also the fact about wearing hats in a restaurant? It doesn't really matter. The men in my family don't take our hats off unless we absolutely need too.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Let children be children. One good thing about them is that they don't lie about their opinions. If a particular food sucks, they will say it sucks, regardless of who prepared it. It just so happens that children have stronger senses than adults, so of course they can taste distastefulness in the food and complain about it. No wonder they are noisy.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    nephew Philip:
    9 years old. Self-proclaimed homosexual ever since he was 6 and we found him giving a blow-job to his friend Benjamin. He later declared that "When I grow up I want to become gay!" He also curses QUITE a lot and his current catchphrase is, telling everyone, "How are you doing, you vagina-sucker?" Very charming boy

I don't mean this as an insult to homosexuals, but that's just disturbing. Not cause he's apparently gay, but because he engaged in oral sex at the age of six...

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I don't mean this as an insult to homosexuals, but that's just disturbing. Not cause he's apparently gay, but because he engaged in oral sex at the age of six...

Seconded, either that is a very messed up family, or she's lying.

Back