• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ideas stuck and needing help

New Age Retro Hippie

No matter where I am, I...
Years
  • Ideas stuck-- I need help

Right, so currently I'm writing a fic where the main character creates her own fictional character in her likeness. The thing is, he needs to come alive. But how can I pull off turning someone on a few pieces of paper into a real *fictitious*, human being? I've thought of completely ludicrous ideas including magic paper, but I just cannot think of a way for the fictional character to come to life. Any help?

Last edited:

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • If Falling Star actually ends up using my idea, the content below could be considered a spoiler.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2009
    You could always go "The Dark Half" route, which is a Stephen King novel about an author's pseudonym coming to life. The main character had a twin at an extremely early stage in development, and ended up destroying it, if I remember correctly....or so he thought. Somehow, the twin managed to come alive into a ghost-type being. It doesn't entirely explain it in the novel if I'm remembering correctly, and I think not going in-depth with an explanation would most likely be the best road to take.

Yubii Chan

Godess of Awsome
    Years
  • Try it the more Fictious way-
    Have a dramatic moment in the main character's, the artist of the created person, life, something that would make them mad enough to break into tears and rip up all of the artwork. have her tear it up and through the crumbles out the window, and let them fly together majesticalley into a person's body. You know where to go from there.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • One published story comes to mind - 'Inkheart'. Read it, learn from it, love it. :)
    When the story is read, an object from the 'real' world disappeared, and another from within the story appeared.

ProtrainerEon

Ultimate Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2021
    You could have the writer find themselves on their own drawn page with the imaginary figure. They were so intent on their work that they didn't notice, and when they attempt to leave and get out, their drawing is with them through the "portal" to the real world. It doesn't have to be a real portal, but I'm saying the point of crossing between both 'worlds', as not really being defined but giving the reader the impression that there is a "spacial" cosmos-ish thing going on. Basically there's an inexplicable rift in the two dimensions.

Does that make sense?

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • I love making stuff up on the spur of the moment. You could have drawing in general be a type of gate between two separate dimensions: when someone in one dimension draws something, that thing gets pulled into their dimension from the other dimension. Aside from solving your character problem, you could also base magic and fighting off of this (i.e. draw some fire and then throw the page at someone and they light on fire). That would be cool.

EDIT: Or you could go this avenue. You could have a separate world that exists only in art, and have your main character be one of a select few people that can add to this world by drawing or writing or whatever. However, the main character doesn't know he (or she) has this ability at first, and only finds out when he draws this other character you need.

EDIT EDIT: Smeargles aren't out of the question either.

My mind has gone rampant now, and I have tons of ideas, so if you don't want to go in this direction I'd like the rights to it back ^^

Back