• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If a new game came out what would the starters be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
    How about:
    Quilfish
    Dunsparce
    Stantler
    Those are all pretty much the all Jhoto Pokemon that no one cares about...
    Then again, people don't care about a lot of Jhoto Pokemon. ^_^
    That would be interesting though...
    Two normal types? Well, Stantler mostly learns Psychic/Ghost moves...

I like the idea of Feebas, because all the starters were 'Rare,' (i.e. unobtainable)
    and Feebas is infamous for being 'Rare.' ^_^

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I would have a:
    Charmander
    Charmander
    Charmander

All with diffrent moves and stuffs

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    Stone for the Eevee... no

Wrong; dependant on what Eeveelution you would want, you've a choice of happiness at a certain time of day, and Eterna Forest or Route 217. On top of that, I don't know if you've noticed, but the stones are really freaking abundant in D/P/P, and will likely continue to be so, in future Generations. On top of that, it could also be possible to acquire an item, early on in the game, like in XD: Gale of Darkness, where some guy asks you to pick one item, so that you can evolve your Eevee, when you feel its right.

Stone evolutions aren't a bad thing, when you think logically about how they would be implemented into the game.

Anyway, voiding the complaint of "stone evolutions", mine would be:
    Eevee
    Cyndaquil
    Treecko.

In this case, I selected Eevee, then just chose some starters from the next two Generations up from Eevee's; Generation II and III. Eevee would likely be the best choice, because of its versatility of being whatever type you want it to be, within its evolutions.Aside from one or two, both of the Pokemon listed can also counter most of Eevee's evolutions, with Flareon and Jolteon being the exceptions, due to neither Fire nor Grass moves being super effective towards Electric and Fire types; completely neutralised, in Flareon's case with Fire Vs. Fire.

Or, you could go "Two-stage Evolution" and choose between:
    Eevee
    Chinchou/Gligar
    Shroomish/Electrike

Naturally, you wouldn't go pairing Electrike with Chinchou. Chinchou was chosen for pretty much making for a double-counter; if they bring out Flareon, splash them with water, and if they bring out Vaporeon, shock them hard. Gligar can counter Flareon, Jolteon and Leafeon, while Shroomish minimises damage dealt from Jolteon and Leafeon. When evolved, it can also counter Umbreon, with its Fighting type, but becomes weak to Espeon. Electrike is sort of like a cover electric type.

I don't know.. its fun thinking up different combinations of Pokemon, but I personally think it should just stick to the traditional Grass > Fire > Water triangle. In that sense;

Shroomish
    Vulpix/Growlithe
    Wooper

I stuck with the Two Evolution concept from the previous one, but stuck to the type triangle. I'd love for a game to start with Eevee, much like XD: Gale of Darkness did, but in a Pokemon main game kind of way, it doesn't really work well, because of the selecting Starters thing. It just wouldn't fit well.

...and with all the people listing Legendaries as Starters... there wouldn't really be any fun in the game, if I'm honest; at least for me. I know Legendaries are easily countered, but isn't one of the points of the game to catch the Legendaries...?

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    i think there should be a mix of the other kinds like:
    torchic
    totodile
    tutwig

R a i n n s a n雨

デンリュウ
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2010
    Usually The starters are Fire, Water and, Grass right? What if it was... Psychic, Lightning, and Dark.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    Usually The starters are Fire, Water and, Grass right? What if it was... Psychic, Lightning, and Dark.

Following traditional Type Triangle rules, it wouldn't work, and Psychic, Fighting Dark isn't a type triangle, either. (Psychic against Dark doesn't affect at all; it needs to be Super Effective<->Not Very Effective both ways) I think there's only one other type triangle in the game, but I can't really remember what it is...

I doubt they'll change a formula that they've used since the beginning that works. Original games or Game Hacks are free to exploit the regions that the official games don't, but I wouldn't expect the official games to go along such lines.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back