• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If a war broke out would Pokemon be able to win us?

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
    I would say pokemon and humans are mainly equal because humans have alot of dangerous weapons like guns, missiles, bombs and nukes with could defeat the pokemon easily and more destructive way, pokemon however have powers like types but some of them like water isn't that effective with humans unless it causes a special effect like burn or freeze and legendary's are also strong no matter how big they are, they have some powerful moves and force that would also defeat the humans more easy and less destructive.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Okay this thread is confusing but I'm gonna try lol..

I don't think we would be able to win because we are bound by the laws of nature and Pokémon aren't, simple as that.

Ayutac

Developer who wants your help
    Years
    The question is rethorical, isn't it? Simply take Alakazam. Or take a look into somepokes Pokédex-Entry. And worse of all, we can't use Pokémon weapons, but they can use ours. Just image a Machamp with 4 AK-74s coming at you. Dead meat.

It would be more interesting what would happen, if the bad organisations wouldn't suck and actually use some powerful Pokémon, like Giovanni did. Image people would USE Machamps to storm citys. Would you be able to fight this Pokémon, who are just listening to their masters orders? What throws the question: Since we have Police with Pokémon, exists Army, too?

Discuss.

I think the first movie should be watched for reference…

EDIT: Well, the only weapon we would have against them, would be a fabric for master balls

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    I reckon Pokemon would win. Sure the Rattatas and Bidoofs would die quickly but then you've got Mewtwo, Genesect, Entei and all the other legendaries. Stell types would deflect bullets. Psychics could teleport and destroy all weapons. Porygon could hack our defences. Ground types could use fissure and half the army would fall to their deaths. One blizzard and the other half is frozen. In a full on battle Pokemon would definetly win.

Years
    I think the human race would be doomed if this happened. You got Alakazam and Metagross to hack into our computer systems and have the nukes fire on ourselves. And then you have the most biggest, badass mothertrucker of them all.

Draco Meteor is freaking good game planet Earth.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    Would Pokemon be dangerous in real life?

I have seen some realistic pictures of them and I've also watched X-Men,whom Pokemon share some common abilities with, so I think they would be quite dangerous and gruesome.Golem would be huge and scary,like an ogre.Rhydon the same.Even a Chansey looks creepy and deadly.I mean the only Pokemon I can't imagine being badass and deadly in real life are Happiny and Igglybuff.Anything taller than 1 feet and 0,3 inches would kill us and anything smaller would injure us badly except some exceptions.Even in the game,when you walk in the tall grass without having any Pokemon by your side the game warns you that it is too dangerous to continue walking.And in that area the only and I truly mean ONLY Pokemon sneaking in the grass are Pidgey,Rattata,Ledyba and Sentret.I don't really get how they would be all that dangerous but i reckon that they could harm us.Ledyba has Bug Buzz,Silver Wind and its punching attacks,Sentret has Hyper Voice,Pidgey can use Twister,Gust,Whirlwind or even Hurricane.Rattata,well,he got some quite big fangs and it's certainly larger than the average rat.What do you think?Would we be able to deal with them if they invaded?

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    Okay, well every Pokémon can be dangerous with their moves. Even Ditto can be dangerous because it can transform for example into Groudon or Rhyperior. Groudon's Fissure can be kill many people just one hit. Lava Plume and Fire Blast can burn and Ice Beam and Blizzard can freeze you. Razor Leaf and Magical Leaf can cut you and Toxic and poison you. Hyper Voice can cause damage to your head and Volt Tackle can shock you badly. So it depends. Stronger Pokémon more dangerous move.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2012
    Rotom

Rotom can get into any engine and come home with you. When you are sleeping, he might kill you. Rotom is dangerous.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    Depends on the Pokemon and depends on its growth level
    A newborn Togepi wouldn't be much harmful,a level 100 Tyranitar on the other hand ...

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    Well yeah a Togepi wouldn't be sooo very dangerous but it could pose a threat after it grew up a bit but not yet evolved.It could poison us with its spikes on its head(read his entries) and it can learn some quite good moves like Ancient Power,Double Edge,Last Resort which could injure us very badly.It can also use Safeguard and Wish to heal and protect.Afterall it wouldn't be defenseless unlike Igglybuff and Happiny which would just be there getting beaten till dead.I mean they don't even have a defense mechanism.They both have a high HP,which I assume is how much damage you endure till you faint/die,something like pain tolerance or durability. So especially Happiny would be very difficult to kill since they would be bulky and tough but they wouldn't be dangerous.They don't learn ANY attacking moves apart from Pound which wouldn't even leave a bruise and they just depend on their cuteness to survive.And I don't actually believe that a 60cm creature could lift me up and throw me.

Oh btw Togepi has the ability to drain your positive energy and share it to others.What if it drains it and never shares it?You will stand there full of negative energy and loathsome emotions and probably commit suicide!

So the only defenseless ones would be Happiny and Igglybuff.Azurill as well cause it is only 20cm and it is a normal type and it is very very very weak and tiny and a baby pokemon.Those 3 would be certainly an easy prey but all the rest would be deadly and dangerous.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    You're over thinking this, while if the government took an offensive approach we'd be doomed by their counter attack, if we laid low there would be no reason for them to attack

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    Slave trading? Who would get slave traded?If you mean humans then I don't think that Pokemon have the intelligence to form something like a trade center and trade humans.If you mean Pokemon now,I also don;t think so as we wouldn't be able to catch them aside from those I referred to.But even then,I don't get the point why trading would be useful.

SilverAbsol

Absol's Shadow
    Years
    All those adventurous kids or tomb raiders or generally just explorers out there? Yeah, someone is likely to anger a Legendary in the process.

Or, could you imagine the damage a humble Gyarados could do?

I think the military, in able to combat a Pokemon threat, would have to use Pokemon in the military.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    they would of course. Any pokemon capable of damage, would be dangerous. Wobuffet and wynaut excluded. Unless you provoke them, they could not fight back. But you couldn't go anywhere bhecause of Shadow Tag, which would be probably the same thing.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    I believe that it is likely that a single pokemon, say for instance a dunsparce; could decimate the entire united states military.

Years
    We're kind of discussing whether they would win in a war or something right now, if they'd happen to just arrive from space one day and invade our planet. Well yes, we would not win.

If they just existed like they do in the series, then yes they would still be dangerous. Like they are in the series. They have the potential to kill everything, they just don't. They live aside humans. You can discuss this very in depth, I mean, one of us has had to be on this planet first... if we were, the way we would (IF we managed to) live alongside pokemon would differ from if pokemon were here first. Just a random thought.

If pokemon did exist though, it would probably all just be like in the series. I guess.

Back