• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If changing your team once was allowed, what would you switch to?

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
Years
  • I started off with Mystic since most of my friends are there.

Second most populated around me would be Instinct, so if I were to switch, it'd be there.

Years
  • Say the ability to change teams once was implemented. Would you remain loyal to your current team or switch to something else? What would you switch to?

I went with Valor thinking it cool and such. So wrong apparently. Might go Mystic.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    I'm pretty content with Mystic, to be honest.
    tumblr_m3j745vbWk1qid2nw.gif
    Instinct is a close second, but I think the team you chose first is pretty much always gonna be your 'home' team, you know? Maybe I'm overthinking it though, haha.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2016
    Happy with mystic as it's my favourite colour and articuno is my favourite legendary bird, but if I had to swap it would be to valor as most gyms round me are them. Not really that much difference as no team manages to stay in any gym more than few hours.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    I chose valor and afterwards found out most of my friends were valor as well, which ended up working pretty well. Everywhere I've ever been mystic pretty much owns all the gyms. I would stick to valor, don't really care too much about being part of the team that owns the gyms. I actually find it fun to battle and take over a gym.

Years
  • during choosing time, it was alluded too that the teams would grant certain advantages? yes/no? valor for fighting? instinct for hatching, mystic for... i can't remember. will we see those implemented?

a good balance is required, else the gym aspect of fun will be reduced. if everyone switched to 1 team, all the gyms would always be that color. no more takedowns. all level 10 gyms. boring.

Years
  • I might consider switching to Valor since the only people I know who are still playing are on that team and it would mean we could share gyms and/or team up to take down strong gyms. It's lonely being the only Mystic left in my circle.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I like being on Instinct but if I did change, I'd go for Mystic! A lot of my friends are on Mystic and I feel strange being the only Instinct player in our group. I don't mind Valour either but I think Instinct is still my favourite out of the three.

Years
  • I've read somewhere that you can change team by e-mailing niantic with your trainer name saying you'd like to change team

I've read this too and even tried it when the game was newer, in late July. Niantic isn't known for having good customer support though so I never got a response and left it at that. Some people mentioned they got theirs changed that way but chances are their accounts were new or low-leveled enough for them to consider the team swap. Or maybe those messages were one of the few they actually happened to read, haha. =p

To answer my own question I'd change to Instinct most likely. Mystic is awesome but I chose it on a whim and feel more connection to Instinct since I love yellow and electric types. Most of my friends are Mystic though.

Back