• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"If I were a boy, even just for a day..."

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
  • OMBey So maybe you've imagined this, or maybe you haven't, but maybe your life would be different if you were the opposite gender of what you are. Your personality might be the same, but how will people react?

What do you think you life would be like if you were the opposite gender?

If I were a woman instead of a man, I think my life would be very different. I'm basing this from if I still had the same personality, and had the same interests now if I had changed. Maybe other people would recognise me more for being totally different, as I would still be into all those games whose fans are predominantly male. Maybe people would treat me differently for being a woman in this situation I don't know. But I think it would be cool to experience, even just for a day.

Years
  • I think i would actually suit it bit more D: People wouldn't be like wtf when i stay talking giberish to a random baby on the bus or go aww when i see a cute little dog walk past.

Seungri

Victory 승리
    Years
  • My past would have been much different, my future and present will be changed in a way and I'm pretty sure my life would have been kind of better. Can't say for sure tho, I probably would be able to fit in more.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I presume that if the only difference was the change of my sex chromosome, not much would be different, but the different hormones might of course cause differences in the ways I would think.

Still, assuming just gender is the only genetic difference, I would probably be exactly the same: Cut off to the corruption of society, determined to academic studies, and very independent.

But I say probably because I would also have been exposed to different environments and mainstream than what I was really exposed to. That might create the critical difference in my social abilities, since I do observe that girls tend to be extremely social, or at least in a different manner than guys.

Well, now I'm glad I was born a guy. I would have probably flunked out of middle school if I were born a girl.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • I really don't know. Probably very shy, not social at all.. Probably that geeky guy who plays classical piano or something. Can't imagine myself being terribly popular, too.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • I would . . . be weird. I mean, I am to start with. And many people also tell me I act like a girl to start with, so that wouldn't be so different.

I'd be able to wear pink whenever I liked without being abused. I always like wearing pink, but it's difficult when you go to a boys'-only school. >_>

Aaaand, um . . . I think in general it'd be a lot more comfortable. Interesting.

I won't lie, I've thought about this a lot. It actually would be cool to be a girl for a bit, especially if I was able to flip back and forth at will.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    If I were a girl from the beginning, I'm pretty sure I would have been at least a little different than I am now, because of my hormones being different.
    The levels of estrogen and all that would have at least deviated the way I learned to think things, and my personality by at least 3%.
    Also, I would have grown up with different people around me, and different types of thoughts and ways of life would have been forced on me, so that would contribute at least 2%.
    Together, I think I would have been at least 5% different from who I am now in terms of thought process and personality.

But, if I was just turned into a girl right now, after being a guy for so many years, and after I have already finished building up the frameworks of my mind, and have finalized my personality and thought process after years of building them, I'm glad to say that other than my appearance, I would have been pretty much the same person. Specially no change in personality would occur for sure.

Socially, it wouldn't put much of an impact, because I have such a personality that I can fit into any of the two genders without anyone pointing out something out of place for me. I would have easily been accepted more into society, as there are some predefined good sides of being a girl.
    But then again, I would have become a homosexual person. That would certainly not go unnoticed, lol.
    I guess some of my traits might come off as tomboyish, maybe. And a bit of a tomboy personality is even loved by me, so I think I would be accepted as a little different but awesome just for that kind of girl.

Like someone said here, I think it would have been kind of cool to have the ability to flip back and forth between genders, lol.

tl;dr version: I would be the same person, and only my appearance would change.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    That's actually hard for me to answer, because so many people are talking about how they would drastically change. Though, I've got gender issues anyway, so I'm pretty much already on the borderline on a daily basis. xD That being said, I'd be the exact same person I am now. Maybe with a few less issues.

Hyperlust

Sassy McSasserson
    Years
  • I'm not even going to beat around the bush. If I were a guy for a day, I'd have my hand down my pants for a great majority of it.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • What do you think you life would be like if you were the opposite gender?

I cannot even begin to describe all the subtle differences that would arise.

I will say though that I might be a pretty good one. My personality wouldn't be the way it is, the way everyone is used to, if I had not been born into the gender I am. So yes, I believe very firmly that I probably would have flourished a lot sooner and a lot more responsively as the opposite gender. Being that gender for just a day, I feel like it would be a very nice vacation from the facade I must wear. I'd most certainly enjoy it to the fullest.

Now if I were to switch genders for a day, it probably wouldn't change much, but it would make me a much more well rounded person. I'm sure of it.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I've been called an honorary girl on a couple of occasions, so maybe I'd fit in better than I'd expect to! Most of my personality and interests would probably stay the same, and since I have no stereotypically masculine or feminine pursuits, I can't imagine a huge shift in my life one way or the other. Might need to shave my legs a bit more, though...

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'd probably be a lot more annoying than what I already am. I doubt much else would happen.

Years
  • One thing if I was born a woman I would have better luck on the dating scene have not had a partner for over 4 years, also if I was talking strange things I could just blame it on baby brain!

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
  • Nothing but my body would change. I would still stay away from people, and still dedicate my life to achieving perfection at everything I do. The only thing that would change is that I would break some of my classmates' arms, due to their sexist behavior, which I currently don't do anything about as it does not concern me.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • I'm already a tomboy and doesn't like many things that girls like to do, does that count? I would still probably act the same way as a boy to be honest I wouldn't mind if I was born like one since I act more like a boy then a girl but that would mean I won't be able to like Barry.

Years
  • If I'd been born with the other pair of chromosomes and developed that way I'd have had a much easier time growing up. If I'd just had a different gender but kept the chromosomes then... I'd still have had a much easier time growing up.

It would have been a lot easier to be "one of the girls" and done all the girl stuff or "one of the guys" and all that other guy stuff. My tastes, I don't think, would be any different, just my ability to socialize with different groups of people. I've never really been someone who wanted to hang out exclusively with the girly-girls or the manly-men and do ultra masculine or feminine things, but probably because I know I'd never fit in with those groups. Maybe if I could I'd have different experiences and know different things and see the world a little different, but I don't think my "core" self would be too different.

Actually, in one aspect I would probably be very different. I'd (maybe?) not have gone through such a dark time in my life. Maybe I'd be less understanding of people who've gone through what I've gone and less understanding of difference in general. So as much as a magic insta-change would be great, I don't know if I'd necessarily like the person I'd be if I'd been different from the beginning. I'd like to hope the differences would be small though and that the good parts of me would find a different way of shining through.

tl;dr what Drew said

Back