• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Lugia is the guardian of the sea what is Kyogre?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    Kyogre lies dormant at the bottom of the sea, resting, no? If it awakens, the world would be engulfed by the seas. I guess while Kyogre remains an enigma to everyone, ensure safety, Lugia takes the role as the sea's guardian? The mythology doesn't say he defends the sea. It only creates.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    I agree with that.
    Land and Water were created by two creatures. Those two go hibernating, and then others come to make sure all is going the way it should be.

Kurono

Remember?
    Years
    Yeah, Kyogre "created" the Sea according to the games' mythology.

Lugia is correctly indicated as its Guardian, according to PokeDex entries.

pokemaster7

Is my Penguin army ready yet?
    Years
    Perhaps Manaphy isn't the only of its kind and one (Or both.) of its parents is the ruler of the sea, that would explain the title ''Prince of the sea'' given to Manaphy.
    Well I am not talking aboute that kind of pokemon mytholegy. Assuming that then Legendery pokemon are not one of a kind(exept for mew.) We couled say that there are duplicates of a legendery pokemon (ex:more then one Groudon.). That Might explaine that Ash and co. says "a" before each legendery. The pokemon mythology I am talking aboute is that most legendary pokemon are one of a kind.
    Kyogre lies dormant at the bottom of the sea, resting, no? If it awakens, the world would be engulfed by the seas. I guess while Kyogre remains an enigma to everyone, ensure safety, Lugia takes the role as the sea's guardian? The mythology doesn't say he defends the sea. It only creates.
    Kyogre is a benevolent creature (exept when it comes to Groudon). In the anime Kyogre was outraged because it was captured and used for evil. depicting Kyogre as a beast is completely wrong!(Same goes for Groudon and Rayquaza.)
    So Kyogre would be more of a King of the sea as opposed to a guardian.
    In a sence of controlling the sea itself not the pokemon in it.
    And who said there can't be *two* guardians? 8D~ Besides, Kyogre could be the guardian of the whole concept of water. oO; *wanders off*
    then why isn't lugia refered to "one of the Gaudians of the sea " instead. When whe use the term "sea" we refer to all the bodies of water.

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    Kyogre is a benevolent creature (exept when it comes to Groudon). In the anime Kyogre was outraged because it was captured and used for evil. depicting Kyogre as a beast is completely wrong!(Same goes for Groudon and Rayquaza.)

rayquaza??!!!!!didn't it knock something out of the sky just because it came into its atmosphere?".....(isn't that what happened in a movie?....I haven't seen it in a while,so I'm not sure...but it's the one where groudon and Kyogre fight and stuff....)

Years
    Rioku_Zanketa said:
    rayquaza??!!!!!didn't it knock something out of the sky just because it came into its atmosphere?".....(isn't that what happened in a movie?....I haven't seen it in a while,so I'm not sure...but it's the one where groudon and Kyogre fight and stuff....)
    that was deoxys, and that was ebil :O

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Exactly... There can be two Guardians. Still I don't think of Lugia when thinking up Kyogre's title... But...does it really matter all that much?

I'm going with the idea of 'two' guardians...
    There also in two totally different locations.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Well I am not talking aboute that kind of pokemon mytholegy. Assuming that then Legendery pokemon are not one of a kind(exept for mew.) We couled say that there are duplicates of a legendery pokemon (ex:more then one Groudon.). That Might explaine that Ash and co. says "a" before each legendery. The pokemon mythology I am talking aboute is that most legendary pokemon are one of a kind.
    I think you got the concept of ''legendary'' wrong. A legendary Pokémon does not necessarily have to be one of a kind, (*CoughLatiasandLatioscough*) a legendary Pokémon can also just be a Pokémon described in myths and legends. Hence why Arcanine is often referred to as legendary.
    Maybe Kyogre isn't a beast, but it sure causes more trouble than good *Coughworldwidedisasterscough*.
    In a sence of controlling the sea itself not the pokemon in it.
    Kyogre doesn't control the sea, it just expands it.
    then why isn't lugia refered to "one of the Gaudians of the sea " instead. When whe use the term "sea" we refer to all the bodies of water.
    Because Lugia is the only guardian, and if that's what you meant, then I finally have to agree with you.
    No,its Vice-verca.this is kyogre's "to-do" list.
    1.make a tidal wave 10am-1pm
    2.sleep1pm-7pm
    3.battle with Groudon 7pm-10pm
    sleep 10pm-10am
    Um... Kyogre's scehdule would be more like:

First day: Create the sea
    Next two centuries: Battle with Groudon for no apparent reason
    Next day: Sleep for a couple of hundred-thousand years
    After the time has passed: Fight with Groudon again, just because some idiot decided to wake them up.

If you don't have any proof for your theories, why bother replying? I'm not saying I have much proof for my theories, either, but the only reason you're doing this is because Kyogre is your favourite Pokémon and you want to believe it's more powerful than it is. Dunsparce is my favourite Pokémon, but you don't see me posting around the forums saying stuff like ''Dunsparce is the ruler of all Pokémon because I say so. =O'' Things in life just don't work that way, that's why you need evidence. (Note the bolded, italic text.)
    Drew said:
    Exactly... There can be two Guardians. Still I don't think of Lugia when thinking up Kyogre's title... But...does it really matter all that much?

I'm going with the idea of 'two' guardians...
    There also in two totally different locations.
    I believe the regions are pretty closely connected, meaning Lugia would have no trouble traveling to Hoenn from Johto.

Years
    Uzumaki Kaen said:
    durh
    Lugia mated with a Wailord, and ye got ya' self kyroge.

Kyroge is Lugia's love child.
    Backup time,
    This was in the time before some idiot enforced the rule that legendaries can't breed so legendaries were like free game, and a wailord got there first, and for when legendaries breed,the results look like both parents, this wailord had red seaweed stuck to it, so the creation gets lugia's wings shurnken down and the body of a wailord shurken down WITH RED SEAWEED.

*shot*

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    maybe the creator of the sea? then after the beautiful creation, Kyogre runs off to some other places create more sea/ocean, while Lugia protects and guards the seas Kyogre created..

viridian doubletongue

the world's greatest thief
    Years
    Uzumaki Kaen said:
    Backup time,
    This was in the time before some idiot enforced the rule that legendaries can't breed so legendaries were like free game, and a wailord got there first, and for when legendaries breed,the results look like both parents, this wailord had red seaweed stuck to it, so the creation gets lugia's wings shurnken down and the body of a wailord shurken down WITH RED SEAWEED.

*shot*

That almost made me actually laugh out loud first time reading that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back