• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Max returned...

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2013
    I've seen alot of people saying they'd like to Max return with Ash mentoring him like he sorta did around Hoenn and Kanto and I was just wondering do you reckon he would actually bother to go and find Ralts or will he leave it and just choose the starter for whichever region he is in.

I'd love to see him go back and get Ralts but also Shroomish, Shuppet and Mightyana as he befriended them as well, then he'd have a few powerful Pokemon straight off the bat.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2012
    I'd reckon that Max would probably go back for Ralts as he did promise to go back for it once he became older. He might even get some of the other Pokemon he befriended back on his team as well.

To be honest, I would find his return to be quite interesting, and I could see a battle between Ash and him to being quite interesting. He has the knowledge for being a strong trainer, and surely he would get the experience in no time at all. However, I don't see him returning as a permanent member of the team (just my opinion).

Years
    My opinion is nearly the same as your one:

I was thinking if the Unova region season has come to an end, and there will not come another new region Ash will be Max his mentor and both of them wil be seen in any upcoming episode.

One of the makers of the pokemon anime said that Ash and Pickachu will always be the main characthers and that will never come to a end. :)

So My idea of a new season is both Ash & Max wil join a huge Pokemon League and will battle it all to the up Ofcourse max has to earn all the badges of region first and Ash will mentor him!

Bye,

Ash

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I've seen alot of people saying they'd like to Max return with Ash mentoring him like he sorta did around Hoenn and Kanto and I was just wondering do you reckon he would actually bother to go and find Ralts or will he leave it and just choose the starter for whichever region he is in.

I'd love to see him go back and get Ralts but also Shroomish, Shuppet and Mightyana as he befriended them as well, then he'd have a few powerful Pokemon straight off the bat.
    I'd like to think if they did have Max he would comes back with Ralts. And get a starter as well on the region they are in.

As for them showing him getting the Ralts it would probably be an off screen situation, I don't see them making an episode of Max going to get Ralts when they can't even come up with an episode enjoying the company of his previous pokes that reside at Oaks lab.

I'd reckon that Max would probably go back for Ralts as he did promise to go back for it once he became older. He might even get some of the other Pokemon he befriended back on his team as well.

To be honest, I would find his return to be quite interesting, and I could see a battle between Ash and him to being quite interesting. He has the knowledge for being a strong trainer, and surely he would get the experience in no time at all. However, I don't see him returning as a permanent member of the team (just my opinion).
    I assume you mean Permanent member for the Saga since we haven't had one. I dunno I think if they did have Max that might as well keep him their the duration of the journey. Also him getting older would also require Ash to become older too, seems like a big leap from their current route.

My opinion is nearly the same as your one:

I was thinking if the Unova region season has come to an end, and there will not come another new region Ash will be Max his mentor and both of them wil be seen in any upcoming episode.

One of the makers of the pokemon anime said that Ash and Pickachu will always be the main characthers and that will never come to a end. :)

So My idea of a new season is both Ash & Max wil join a huge Pokemon League and will battle it all to the up Ofcourse max has to earn all the badges of region first and Ash will mentor him!

Bye,

Ash
    I assume you mean a filler saga right after Unova? And between Unova League at the next Saga he would mentor Max? I figure if there was a between region filler it would probably focus on Ash and his adventures instead of dealing with Max. That way they can showcase his old pokemon like many of the fans would want to see. I can't see Ash as solely a mentor, but a mentor/competitor as well. Or if he is relegated to the role of mentor then I'd see him finally get replaced as the Main.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    As previously mentioned, Max may come back with the Ralts he befriended in Do I Hear a Ralts? He could also show Ash how much he learned in his journey by challenging him to a battle.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I'm not too sure about the whole mentoring thing, it just seems a bit too much. I think what we may actually see, is off-screen Max will start his journey, probably with Ralts, but then I wouldn't mind if he had one of the Hoenn starters or a Pokémon from his dad and then went to go Ralts. Then we'd probably finally see that Cameo from his, having that battle Ash promised him. Seems like the more simpler option.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
    Well, Max cannot be the main character right? At least, from what I've heard and seen, Ash will stay the main character. So simply, I think it should be a "Chronicles" showing us Max Journey and such. But what I am curious about is the Time line. If Ash didn't age, then how will Max...will the Chronicles takes us to the future?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I'm not too sure about the whole mentoring thing, it just seems a bit too much. I think what we may actually see, is off-screen Max will start his journey, probably with Ralts, but then I wouldn't mind if he had one of the Hoenn starters or a Pokémon from his dad and then went to go Ralts. Then we'd probably finally see that Cameo from his, having that battle Ash promised him. Seems like the more simpler option.
    Yeah what I was thinking on the mentoring. Ash would actually have to retain his own common sense to keep up with his ownself and rival, so him training Max if they keep up with what they are doing and don't age him seems like a stretch. And yeah I don't see them dedicating any time to him and Ralts, since apparently they can't dedicate time to Ash previous pokemon. "Pidgeot we will meet again some day..." yeah right Ash.

Well, Max cannot be the main character right? At least, from what I've heard and seen, Ash will stay the main character. So simply, I think it should be a "Chronicles" showing us Max Journey and such. But what I am curious about is the Time line. If Ash didn't age, then how will Max...will the Chronicles takes us to the future?
    I personally can't really see him being a main character again. They filter them in and our for the new generations advertising purposes. So maybe he shows up around the time of RS remake, as a cameo. I'd love to see Chronicles anything, they could have did a lot more with it and Jimmy angle definitely. I am not advocating for a prolonged Chronicles thing, but at the very least I want to see what he is doing.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Yeah, I'd like to see Max again too. But taking Max as an apprentice to Ash is like May all over again. If Max was in the Pokemon Chronicles, I think it'd be hard-pressed to show anything other than Max running around as a trainer, unless the writers decide to bring back Team Aqua/Magma or some other team and Max stops them from reviving, which could extend into a nice little arc.

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    BW Ash mentoring Max?
    Yeaaahhh no. Max probably knows more about Pokemon than Ash.
    I'd like to see him visit Ash and co. with May, but I don't see Max staying for an extended period of time.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Yeah, I'd like to see Max again too. But taking Max as an apprentice to Ash is like May all over again. If Max was in the Pokemon Chronicles, I think it'd be hard-pressed to show anything other than Max running around as a trainer, unless the writers decide to bring back Team Aqua/Magma or some other team and Max stops them from reviving, which could extend into a nice little arc.
    One thing about Ash when he was mentoring May is he didn't really have a rival through out Hoenn, so I don't see how he could possibly balance an rivalry with some one and constantly mentor. And I'd like to see something like that, since they did it with Team Rocket it FRLG on the Sevii Islands. So they could write in Max in a Chronicles episode like that.

BW Ash mentoring Max?
    Yeaaahhh no. Max probably knows more about Pokemon than Ash.
    I'd like to see him visit Ash and co. with May, but I don't see Max staying for an extended period of time.
    BW Ash couldn't even mentor a monkey much less himself... At least how he is now. Yeah Max was always the witty kid anyways(to me the Cheren before Cheren was Cheren), so to say he actually needs tutelage from Ash seems a bit off.

zlip

______
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    I would love to see Max return. He was a great charecter with emotions and told the story from a different prospective through that he could only befriend pokemon unlike everyone around him. About the Ash mentoring him-NO. With the 'reboot' Ash has become a total "kid" as Iris would call it. He has almost no knowlege and has forgottenmany great tactics (Thunder armour, counter shield, etc). If Max does come back he should just be part of the group just like in Hoenn (and Kanto) but still keep what we know about him (Smart, kind, caring)

Although I would love to see it happen sadly I don't think it will. BW is a reboot with all new charecters (besides Ash/Pikachu) and it hasn't even referenced any of Ash's old pokemon ( :( ) so I don't think theyll be brining back charecters.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Although I would love to see it happen sadly I don't think it will. BW is a reboot with all new charecters (besides Ash/Pikachu) and it hasn't even referenced any of Ash's old pokemon ( :( ) so I don't think theyll be brining back charecters.

True they never referenced his old Pokemon, but that's pretty much the same with the other seasons. Unova is far away, so the writers use that to promote the series by promoting the new Pokemon instead of the older ones. Then again, the tournament hasn't occurred yet, so there is plenty of time for his old team to make a comeback. If they make an RSE remake, they would probably write in Ash's Hoenn team specifically too, so yeah. It's still possible.

But I agree that they probably won't bring back any old characters. They can't even remember Ash's 'released' Pokemon to begin with. There is room for cameos though.

Back