• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If memory serves me right...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • So. Much. Text.

I can't even comprehend what your life must've been...I probably would've died by the time I got to 20.

But it a good read. You didn't have to do that, y'know. Considering what you've been through, no one except your old friends deserve an explanation.

But thanks for sharing that.

Anyway, I'm Erik (though that's not my real name), I've joined PC a little over a year ago. I've left, came back, left again, came back again, and now probably going to leave again. I'm a self-proclaimed otaku and part-time jerk, and I came to PC because Serebii forums bored the hell out of me.

Anyway, welcome back to PC!

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Easily one of the most amazing stories of "success" that I've ever read. Best of luck to you in all of your future endeavors, Kaga. Nonetheless, welcome to PC, it seems you were greatly missed.

As sort of in limbo as I am right now, I still feel pretty successful :D Thanks for the welcome!

Why am I so late? This is ridiculous.

Anyway, Hi there. I'm Twilight Sky/Kazuma/Musashi-Kun/whatever you name you might know me by, because I don't know if you remember me, but I sure as heck remember you.

I'm quite in shock still. XD; Welcome back to PC, dude....don't disappear again. ;__;

...I'm still in shock...

I already VMed you with as much yesterday, but of course I remember you :p It's pretty amazing to see so many vets still here. Many are gone, but I really didn't expect anyone to remain save a few mods XP I pretty much have no reason to ever leave again, so hopefully I'm here for good this time!

I know this word has been said a lot in this thread already, but wow. What a story. You impressively turned events around and stood up to your father. I hope your mother will feel better soon and that you'll find a nice job.

Real life takes away so many from PC. It's not strange. The only thing that could ever have been worth apologizing for was giving some kind of heads up that you'd disappear, but gosh really! Considering what you went through, it's madness to demand that. The ones who considered themselves your friends still do, just look at all the replies you've gotten. As for me, I think you seem like a smart man who has nothing to be ashamed of.

I hope you'll either find what you hoped to find back here at PC, or that you'll find something even better. Welcome back :) and see you around!

It never fails to amaze me how understanding everyone is being about all of this. People who never even knew me assessing my situation from a neutral standpoint and telling me that what I did isn't unforgivable goes a long way toward helping with my guilt. I already feel back at home, and I'm sure I'll see you around too :D

I am rather late to this party, but I just wanted to say it's a pleasure to see you back again. I'm not quite sure you remember who I am seeing as it has been so long ago and at the time I was still more or less a rookie moderator, but I think it's wonderful that you've managed to find your way back here after such a gigantic molehill of an experience for the last five years.

Regardless, it's great to see you again and I do hope you carry on the legacy you had postponed this month five years ago for a very long time to come.

I do remember you! :D You were climbing the social ranks of PC as I was leaving and seemed like a future bright star of the place. And you were as it turns out XD

I'll do what I can to liven the place up in the ways that I used to. Being a bit of a lapsed Pokemon fan I can't really spread myself across the entire site but I should at least be taking the DCC by storm until I have enough people who know who I am again :p

I haven't really known you, since you left before I joined, but you seem like a very nice and interesting person based on what everyone's saying. I was touched by your story, it was definitely inspiring. And I mean it, I'm literally tearing up right now. I hope you don't leave PC again. Otherwise you'll have to make another huge post. My eyes are already hurting from reading this one.
    Hopefully, I can talk with you sometime, because you seem like an awesome person. :D

If VMs are an indication we seem to already be getting along swimmingly. All of these instant new friendships are overwhelming XD

CHAIRMAN KAGA. It's totally awesome to see you back again. I remember posting along with you back when I was a barefoot n00b in the first generation of The Nightclub and more.....Boy were those THE DAYS eh?

Seriously, You're a Legend. You were then, and you still are now. I sincerely hope you breathe the light and spark back into OT, OVP, and all the other forums you grace with your presence. PC has been calling out to you for the past 3 years after all: "Bring me to Life.". I certainly hope you do so. :)

You may or may not remember me, I was a silly young n00b who went by the name Poketrainer2004 looong ago. I still have that old banner F_G made me somewhere. :3

Oh wow, the Nightclub. That's something I haven't thought about in a long time. We had alll sorts of amazing gimmick threads back then that kept me typing and typing constantly! As if I wasn't nostalgia-ing enough already, now there's this.

Totally changing PC is beyond any one person's power but I'll give it my best shot :p

You seem to be getting a lot of attention, so I will just keep this short.

Nice to see older members returning and under the circumstances of your absence, it is even better to see you return. I have never spoken to you before but I just thought I would throw in my 'welcome back'.​

KAGA. Oh my gosh, I never thought I'd see you again. What a nice surprise. I just recently came back as well. I hope you remember me. ;_;

Welcome back. <3

Lily. You have no idea how glad I am to see you here after all this time. I look forward to more haughty debates where we pretend to be verbose Victorian elites :3

Do you know anything of how Frostweaver is doing these days?

I am shocked at that. Just wow.

It's amazing that all that had happened to you. If I could write a story about my last 2 1/2 years (Which was hell to me), I don't think that it would match up to your story at all. But seeing that there is potential in all of us, and you are the shining example of that, it is a wonder why we sometimes shouldn't bend the rules like you did. I'm really glad to see that in the end of it all, things started to end up in your part of the ballpark, because if you get all the things that you need, like the education that you pretty much fought for, and a home, and a steady job (which I hope you get soon, I need one for the summer), you'll be set to go!

I applaud you for sticking with your gut instinct and choosing to defy the one barrier that kept you in the same place for all those years. Kudos to you. In every sense of the word.

Anyways, welcome back to PC. I'm pretty sure you know the place and all the changes that have been here since your leave. And I hope you stay, too. There has been a lot of people that have made their shiny returns here lately. And it makes me think who could be next. Hmmmm....

Oh, btw, I haven't heard of many of the legends of PC yet, but this is a first for me. xD

I'm not in the business of comparing peoples' trials. It sounds like you've been through something that's affected you deeply, and so there's no reason to speak down on your own experiences just because you perceive mine as somehow being worse. Just, if it helps to follow my example for anything in your life, it makes what I went through all those summers ago all the more bearable to remember. I'm happy to serve as a source of inspiration any time XP

You know, what with this whole "legend" business, I might cut up a PC autobiography of myself into chunks and make a blog out of it here. I have a good first entry in mind!

I don't think I can say anything that hasn't already been said by someone who never knew you personally, but knew of you a great deal. Seeing Geoff so happy about you being back is very nice. The first thing he sent me when I signed in was "Did you see?!?!?!?!!" It was good to see him so happy. I assumed you passed away, after talking to people who you knew back in the day about you. I remember a few months ago, I had a very strange fascination with you and spent hours searching the HQ about what you had to say on forum matters, asking what you were like when you were on staff, etc. I am not ashamed to admit this!!

I somewhat relate to what was going on in your home during all of this, and your feelings towards people, so I completely understand what you were going through. At the same time, I can't imagine how you managed to cope with it the way you did. I don't think anyone who you left behind in that decision would be angry or have a feeling of sadness towards you coming back. Most of them seem very relieved. It's very admiring to see how someone who had nothing managed to get everything they could hope for.

But don't be so modest!! You deserve so much to be named a PC legend no matter how you went out! Besides, you brought Chibi back to the forums! I think that speaks volumes. Even if it was only to post in this thread... Anyway! Welcome back, and I look forward to speaking to you personally one day. :]

I find it so funny that you were intimidated by Erica, though... XD

Well, if I set enough of an example for S-Modding that you researched my style, I'm very honored to hear that! Thanks :D Geoff and I have talked pretty much nonstop since the morning of the 20th, I dare say he's happy as well XP

Chibi was my partner in crime in the DCC and elsewhere way back when, and apparently from everyone's reaction I practically performed a magic trick in bringing her back for a single post apparently XD Again, I'm honored.

And what can I say about Erica! I was a weird fellow XP

So. Much. Text.

I can't even comprehend what your life must've been...I probably would've died by the time I got to 20.

But it a good read. You didn't have to do that, y'know. Considering what you've been through, no one except your old friends deserve an explanation.

But thanks for sharing that.

Anyway, I'm Erik (though that's not my real name), I've joined PC a little over a year ago. I've left, came back, left again, came back again, and now probably going to leave again. I'm a self-proclaimed otaku and part-time jerk, and I came to PC because Serebii forums bored the hell out of me.

Anyway, welcome back to PC!

Pleased to meet you! I realize that I may have gone a *smidge* overboard with the post but I was feeling so penitent and was going on the assumption that there were a lot of people still hurt from my departure so I had to say everything that came to mind XP

I dabbled in Serebii shortly but everyone was a jerk to me there. Hey Serebii Joe, if you're still searching your own name on PC after all these years, made you look!

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I never really knew you as a member, seeing as I joined in '08 and you left two years before that, but I still took the time to read your post completely, so I can't really go past this thread without leaving my greetings. Welcome back. :D

Unlike others, I haven't really heard a lot about you so much, other than seeing your name here and there as an ex-staff member. But still, it's nice to see you back.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Welcome back! I'd like to fit in and say "I never really got to know you, but your legacy..."

Except I was there. We should bring it back! The good old times. (I'm already using Midnight Misty to re-create the feel)

Makoto

Years
  • I had a great big post all typed up, then PC forgot I was logged in, and it was lost forever...

I really looked up to you back in the day, and I'm really glad to see you're alright now. I read your story, and that really was just plain awful. I'm surprised you stayed as long as you did, after reading that.

You may or may not remember me. It was either my noob days as "FR/LG Master" or later on as just "Dylan" when you left. I remember being your friend, but memory is fuzzy and may or may not be right. I could have just been looking up to you, for all I know. I kind of quit coming here myself, but when I heard you came back, I had to make an appearance and say hi.

I don't really come to PC anymore. I still play Pokemon, but I'm in a different stage of my life right now. I'd tell you all about it, but not only do I not know whether or not you remember (or care), I KNOW all the other people in this thread don't. You were the legendary one everyone loved. I was the one who just happened to be friends with all the mods, before they became mods. Remember PC's old good luck charm?

Anyway, suffice it to say, I'm glad to see you again. I had assumed you had died, honestly. It's good to see that's not the case, even if you came really close... You're a good guy, and the world needs more of those.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Oh wow, the Nightclub. That's something I haven't thought about in a long time. We had alll sorts of amazing gimmick threads back then that kept me typing and typing constantly! As if I wasn't nostalgia-ing enough already, now there's this.

Totally changing PC is beyond any one person's power but I'll give it my best shot :p

The best type of forum I can remember is one in which there's a conversation and active communication in every thread, and members would make an effort to as much as they can when they're on.

From my perspective the current PC threads are composed of many people stating their opinions, which for the most part are ignored. Nobody looks at anybody. They just speak and go. If communication is proof of a quality post, then PC threads are on the spammy side.

Although VMs are much less spammy and much more communicative (compared to threads), they fail to involve the community as a whole. But they are the prettier party of PC today.

Oh well can't expect a bunch of conversational geniuses to stay and take care of this place. I guess this is the best the current PC can do.

--------------------------------

(Alan!)

=D

Welcome back to PC.

So what activities fill your life these days?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back