• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Pokemon existed, would you let your 10 year old go on a Pokemon adventure?

Ice Queen

I Love May
    Years
    Sure providing that they have a Pokemon with them to protect them from any danger. Also they have a phone that they can call me on.

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    Yeah. I would be like the poke master, so I could protect him in dire situations (lol...). No, I'd let him be. But make him visit me every 2nd day to make sure nothing happened.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    Since I didn't say last time. Thirteen is probably a better age. While the Pokemon do provide protection, they still need to be responsible enough to find a place to sleep, know what to do in a storm, etc.

I'd go along with my child and I would bring not only my trusty strong Blastoise, Machamp, Ariados, Houndoom, Ampharos and Pidgeot with me to help my kid train. I would also bring an assault rifle and a couple of pistols with me, just in case.

You gotta have both strong pokemon and personal weapons.

Any of those Pokemon would be a lot more powerful than a gun.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
    I would actually start teaching my kid how to survive in the wild at around the age of 8-9. I'd take him/her with me, teach them about Pokemon, what to do if you're injured, etc. Then when they're 10 they'll know what to expect, only this time on their own. Of course I will always like to know where they're at so I might nag about the importance of calling me at least twice a week or something like that. I want them to be tough, but I don't want them to see me as a strict, cold-blooded trainer rather than a parent.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
    Too be honest I wouldn't let my kids go at a young age atleast get some good education and complete high school. And ask a few parents of his friends to send there kids with my kid.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    Me? Not at all. I really don't understand why parents in the Poke world are okay with it, sending their children especially at such a young age out into the unknown. Other than the obvious hazards, what about school?

Sometimes I think parents in the real world are bad, but geez, seems like most parents in the Pokemon world are REALLY bad!

The way I look at it, it's obviously a totally different world from the world we live in. If anything like rape, murders, or whatever happens, they don't really speak much of it, or it's just a rare feat. And more than likely, this has been going on for generations more than likely, like Ash's mom being let go at 10, Ash's mom let him go at 10, and obviously Ash is going to let his son or daughter go at 10, and it'll keep on going without anyone really thinking anything of it. It's just a totally different world with totally different laws and rules.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    I wouldn't even let my kid own a Pokemon until he knows everything about them. Including type advantages, the general speed, attacking, and defensive capabilities of each Pokemon, etc (to protect what would, in this case, be a real life form). Even then I probably wouldn't let them leave the house. ("Not everybody gets to be league champ, son. You gotta stay in school to earn your money.")

Years
    If it was in the Pokemon world, then yes. But this is the real world and if Pokemon were real in this world, then absolutely no chance would I let my 10 year old, if I had one, go out on his own.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2010
    Never, ever, never, ever, ever! I'd get an ulcer worrying... that's if I had a kid anyway..

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    As Oak says, it's dangerous to go alone; but once you get your own monsters, it's perfectly safe.
    I've always thought about these kinds of things along the logic that Eivana describes above, but personally, I'd let them go when they're fifteen — they'll get Pokemon at ten, sure, but start their actual training careers later with a greater background understanding than some nifty kid that's only got his own experiences to gauge the world against.

Other than the obvious hazards, what about school?
    Well, what about it? One's 4–6 prior school years is enough to be able to read and so on. I'd imagine that, if anything, trainers get delivered their schoolwork like Eliza.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Totally. Then I'd persuade them to bank their money with me and spend it on frivolous crap, occasionally sending then a berry or something.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Totally. Then I'd persuade them to bank their money with me and spend it on frivolous crap, occasionally sending then a berry or something.

Well in some cases, this would refer to sending a USELESS berry every 3 seconds.
    *cough hg/ss cough*
    -------------------
    Anyhow, If I had the choice, I'd go on the journey XD.
    Although I'm guessing a pokemon could kill a kid, so I'd say no, fearing for their safety.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Nope,but I don't think there is school in the poke world (Other then Pokemon schools.). Maybe in Isshu. That might be why the main people are older. Anyways,the only way I would let them go is if I went.

I'd let them go at 15. I am making or trying to make a story about a pokemon journy and they are 15. It takes place in America.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    No. I mean a ten year old is not even responsible to stay home alone for a couple of days, let alone go on a journey :/

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I remember when I was 10... I was nowhere near mature enough to even consider travelling the world on an adventure, so nope. And it's not safe out there :(

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2010
    No way in heck, I mean they can't even drive yet, let alone go off on their own somewhere they never went to battle monsters that can turn on them :o

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Nov 28, 2016
    Yes. Yes i would. Would be nice to get the kids out the house to have some piece and quite. Would also teach the boy some responsibility and how to better himself as a man.

Back