• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Pokemon had already existed....

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
  • Given the nature of the world it is today. Do you believe that Pokemon would be used as tools of war? That guns, bombs, etc wouldnt exist or maybe it would it exist in sparingly capacity. How would you feel if that was the case?

Considering how angry the world is and how people act killing each other for literally no reason. It wouldnt surprise me and it would make me angry. It would make me want to set up my own Team <name>

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Are you suggesting if pokémon suddenly appeared in this imperfect world of ours now? Or if they'd always existed (well, for as long as life existed above a microbial level). Because I'd have completely different answers depending on which theoretical universe you're on about :)

Munchlax11

Munch?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • USA
    • Seen Feb 15, 2014
    Yeah. If pokemon actually existed countries would be like teams like team rocket, team magma, etc. because harnessing a legendary's power would be great for war. A country could get Groudon, for example and then basically control the world because of the sheer power of it. Nobody would try to attack them, unless another country got another legend such as Kyogre. Then what happened in Hoenn could actually happen.(battle between Groudon and Kyogre, drought occuring in some places, heavy rain and flooding in other places) If pokemon actually existed, there would be a lot more destruction in the world.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • Are you suggesting if pokémon suddenly appeared in this imperfect world of ours now? Or if they'd always existed (well, for as long as life existed above a microbial level). Because I'd have completely different answers depending on which theoretical universe you're on about :)

I mean if we all grew up having pokemon existing

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2013
    If pokemon really existed, they would be treated as animals because technically they are

This means PETA & other animal rights activist groups would not stand for people unethically using the Pokemon as tools of war, and especially not as a hobby similar to dog fighting or **** fighting

Back