• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Pokemon were real and you were battling a guy and...

Emlam

Old School
Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    I like how this went from "would you call the cops to free it" to "could you beat the living snot out of it." :laugh:

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I like how this went from "would you call the cops to free it" to "could you beat the living snot out of it." :laugh:

lmao XD i thought the same thing, its my fault lol, i cant help but love a good challenge, its why my wife calls me a show off when i do 20, 1armed push ups for the hell of it lol :laugh:
    but honestly legends are just folklore, the deities, and ya id have to say the unown too, are most likely the only legendaries with any real ground to prove so, celebii can time travel,but only when dialga allows it, so its not that special anymore :'(

dragontamerandrea

i love my scalies. :3
    Years
  • But if they had a master ball (which I assume would be illegal to some degree in rl pokemon) they could probably still catch a legendary and control it :/
    Imagine if someone released THE Arceus (which has a religious following I assume from the characters in D/P/Pt) it would just be so mental

Haha yeah I know what you mean. I've always kinda wondered that while playing the games. It's like, how WOULD people really react if you had one of the rarest Pokemon or a Legendary?

"Oh yeah I caught this Mewtwo the other day, you like it?"

Pretty sure they wouldn't be as nonchalant as they are in the game. Like it's any average or ordinary Pokemon you see often.
    "Hey wanna battle? I caught some new pokemon" "okay sure" "*releases Dialga*" "Oh. my. god." "What???!" "Is...that... like, Dialga, like the thing that controls the fabric of time???????" "Ye do you like it?"

Last edited:

Satoshi_poketo monsta

Pokemon Master.
    Years
  • If Pokemon were Real, I would probably Catch these Pokemon with a reason :
    -Mismagius : To scare my friends who always underestimate Horror movie.
    -Jolteon : When my house is Blackout, It's easy! There's my Jolteon.
    -Empoleon : To travel the Ocean of course! :D
    -Rhyperior : So I can Dug a hole to make my secret base! :)
    -Honchcrow : So I can travel sky in day or night!
    -Alakazam : So I tell him to use Gravity to me and while I'm flying I take my girlfriend and She'll say,"Oh, Honey! I'm so proud of your power! Such a strong guy aren't you?".
    Aaaahahahaha! :D

Last edited:

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    If Pokemon were Real, I would probably Catch these Pokemon with a reason :
    -Alakazam : So I tell him to use Gravity to me and while I'm flying I take my girlfriend and She'll say,"Oh, Honey! I'm so proud of your power! Such a strong guy aren't you?".

If Pokemon were Real, I would probably Catch these Pokemon with a reason :

1- you said that twice
    &
    2- it wouldnt be your power itd be alakazam so shed be more like "oh honey why can you be more like alakazam" :P lol jk!

Satoshi_poketo monsta

Pokemon Master.
    Years
  • 1- you said that twice
    &
    2- it wouldnt be your power itd be alakazam so shed be more like "oh honey why can you be more like alakazam" :P lol jk!

First! My mistake! Its actually double Post, though it merged so its look like twice! But I edited it. :P

Second! Why not my Alakazam hide for a while? So my girlfriend wouldn't notice. Haaahahaha! :D

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2010
    Ho-oh: Lets see... There's the Bell Tower one, the Mt. Battle one, and the Navel rock one. I doubt that these are all the same one.

Maybe Ho-Oh just likes to get around xD. We know that Ho-Oh was the first legendary Ash happened to see on his journey, spreading rainbows about, which means that it was flying around in Kanto, as well. I still believe that is most likely one of a kind.
    Weather Trio: They are in Hoenn and Johto.
    The Weather Trio were created specifically at the moment Tin Tower was burning down, thanks to the one and only Ho-Oh, and each represent a part of that event -- Raikou and the lightning that struck the tower, for example. I do not see how it would be possible for it to ever happen again.

Heatran: The pokedex implies that there are multiples.
    Indeed, Heatran also happen to have genders applied to them, implying that they can breed and that there are multiples.

As for the others, I don't have anything specific to offer in rebuttal.

Last edited:

piecemeal

On An Adventure
    Years
  • If pokemon were real I would try to engineer some sort of magic garden to attract the friendly ones. Then maybe if I got attacked by Arceus they could mob him!

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Maybe Ho-Oh just likes to get around xD. We know that Ho-Oh was the first legendary Ash happened to see on his journey, spreading rainbows about, which means that it was flying around in Kanto, as well. I still believe that is most likely one of a kind.
    The Weather Trio were created specifically at the moment Tin Tower was burning down, thanks to the one and only Ho-Oh, and each represent a part of that event -- Raikou and the lightning that struck the tower, for example. I do not see how it would be possible for it to ever happen again.

Indeed, Heatran also happen to have genders applied to them, implying that they can breed and that there are multiples.

As for the others, I don't have anything specific to offer in rebuttal.

you got the wrong trio
    the weather trio are:
    rayquaza
    kyogre
    &groudon
    (which he was speakin of)

your speakin of the legendary beasts which only appear in johto&kanto

First! My mistake! Its actually double Post, though it merged so its look like twice! But I edited it. :P

Second! Why not my Alakazam hide for a while? So my girlfriend wouldn't notice. Haaahahaha! :D

lol just wanted to let ya know lol ive done that before, & felt like an idiot XD

:P gravity increases the gravity, doesnt decrease it though lol, so your instead your makin it harder for urself lol
    plus you should impress her yourself ;) shell love you more that way

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2010
    you got the wrong trio
    the weather trio are:
    rayquaza
    kyogre
    &groudon
    (which he was speakin of)

Ahhh, that makes a bit more sense. I naturally attributed the legendary beasts to the "Weather Trio" thanks to Raikou and his affinity for lightning storms while I view Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza more as "formation" pokemon -- Formation of the Seas, Formation of the Land, and Formation of the Skies (kind of). Granted, their natural abilities make it obvious as to why they have been named as they are.

My mistake.

Last edited:

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Ahhh, that makes a bit more sense. I naturally attributed the legendary beasts to the "Weather Trio" thanks to Raikou and his affinity for lightning storms while I view Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza more as "formation" pokemon -- Formation of the Seas, Formation of the Land, and Formation of the Skies (kind of). Granted, their natural abilities make it obvious as to why they have been named as they are.

My mistake.

i did the same thing mate,til i saw bulbapedia lol
    i always took suicune for wind
    entei for heat
    and raikou for friction
    the main 3 elements of weather lol

but groudon,kyogre,& rayquaza are much more fittin for the role ^_^

---------
    on topic here:
    i was thinkin bout how i faced a trainer at my school with mewtwo when i first got yellow, and i said "awesome what is that thing" lol i hadnt gotten past the 5th gym at the time, my charizard was at level 40 making him my strongest, with pikachu at 37 just behind him, the rest where in the 20s lol

Satoshi_poketo monsta

Pokemon Master.
    Years
  • lol just wanted to let ya know lol ive done that before, & felt like an idiot XD

:P gravity increases the gravity, doesnt decrease it though lol, so your instead your makin it harder for urself lol
    plus you should impress her yourself ;) shell love you more that way

Haahaha! yeah I can see that :D

Years
  • The Weather Trio were created specifically at the moment Tin Tower was burning down, thanks to the one and only Ho-Oh, and each represent a part of that event -- Raikou and the lightning that struck the tower, for example. I do not see how it would be possible for it to ever happen again.
    First of all, the Pokedex says something along the lines of "It is said that an Entei is born every time a volcano erupts." Secondly, the weather trio is Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza. Which someone already addressed. :P

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2010
    First of all, the Pokedex says something along the lines of "It is said that an Entei is born every time a volcano erupts." Secondly, the weather trio is Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza. Which someone already addressed. :P

The Legends surrounding the legendary dogs say that it was due to Ho-Oh resurrecting them from the burning down Tin Tower. It may be possible that those *specific* three legendary dogs were created from that event, whereas there are other legendary dogs out there that didn't need such an event to be created.

That, or the legends and poke'dex don't match up. I question the validity of both.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    The Legends surrounding the legendary dogs say that it was due to Ho-Oh resurrecting them from the burning down Tin Tower. It may be possible that those *specific* three legendary dogs were created from that event, whereas there are other legendary dogs out there that didn't need such an event to be created.

That, or the legends and poke'dex don't match up. I question the validity of both.

which is why i think of legends are folklore, their just really stronger pokemon :P

Years
  • The Legends surrounding the legendary dogs say that it was due to Ho-Oh resurrecting them from the burning down Tin Tower. It may be possible that those *specific* three legendary dogs were created from that event, whereas there are other legendary dogs out there that didn't need such an event to be created.

I've always had this theory that there are "main" members of each species of legends. What I mean is that there could be the specific legendary Pokemon that each tale refers to, while lesser members of the same species also exist. For example, there could multiple lesser-powered Arceus, but there is the one "main" Arceus that created the universe.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2010
    which is why i think of legends are folklore, their just really stronger pokemon :P

The legends have been around for far longer than the pokedex have and, more often than not, are even more descriptive and accurate. Take the information on Ho-Oh, for example -- Ash was unable to find out what pokemon it was with his pokedex, and yet there was a rather accurate carving of the bird.

Let's also not forget that the incident of Tin Tower is less about *Legend* and more about *History*, considering that people actually saw the events in question.

The major point I will concede is that legends most likely contain a lot of logic jumps. Ho-Oh, for example, could have called on the Legendary Dogs to put out the fire in the tower as opposed to actually creating them itself -- as long as a human does not notice the dogs entering the tower, the story is not implausible according to limited perspective.

Poke'dexes, however, are *also* the results of human experience and study. It might be remarkably well-made and incredibly informative, but it was created by human hands, as well, and thus using it as a source of information is only marginably better than using the old folklorist legends of old, especially when it comes down to pokemon that are incredibly difficult to study scientifically. For all we know, a group of scientists could have seen Entei appear *at the site* of a newly forming volcano (which would make sense, considering Entei's affinity to volcanoes), and then erroneously attribute the new volcano as a sign of the birth of a "new Entei".

It is also worth mentioning that a good deal of legendary pokemon poke'dex entries use the phrase "It is said", indicating that it is possible the information is not verified by science directly, but by legends, themselves.

Last edited:

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    The legends have been around for far longer than the pokedex have and, more often than not, are even more descriptive and accurate. Take the information on Ho-Oh, for example -- Ash was unable to find out what pokemon it was with his pokedex, and yet there was a rather accurate carving of the bird.

Let's also not forget that the incident of Tin Tower is less about *Legend* and more about *History*, considering that people actually saw the events in question.

The major point I will concede is that legends most likely contain a lot of logic jumps. Ho-Oh, for example, could have called on the Legendary Dogs to put out the fire in the tower as opposed to actually creating them itself -- as long as a human does not notice the dogs entering the tower, the story is not implausible according to limited perspective.

Poke'dexes, however, are *also* the results of human experience and study. It might be remarkably well-made and incredibly informative, but it was created by human hands, as well, and thus using it as a source of information is only marginably better than using the old folklorist legends of old, especially when it comes down to pokemon that are incredibly difficult to study scientifically. For all we know, a group of scientists could have seen Entei appear *at the site* of a newly forming volcano (which would make sense, considering Entei's affinity to volcanoes), and then erroneously attribute the new volcano as a sign of the birth of a "new Entei".

It is also worth mentioning that a good deal of legendary pokemon poke'dex entries use the phrase "It is said", indicating that it is possible the information is not verified by science directly, but by legends, themselves.

you make an excellent point

but lets say for a moment, its humans who are blind by the truth
    they attribute entei being born at the volcano, but what if he was the creator of the volcano instead? or maybe the volcano and entei werre born one in the same
    a simple observation,can be taken in many ways.

a real life example:
    a bees dance
    the bees interpret it as a sign of honey, as do humans
    i see a infinity symbol in the steps

you can always tell the obvious, or whats thought to be correct at first glance, but the un-obvious could end up truest truth ;)

Back