• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Pokemon were real and you were battling a guy and...

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2010
    its humans who are blind by the truth

That is the point I was trying to make. Even if the scientists have observed an Entei at the place a new volcano has risen, or increased Entei activity, does not mean that a new volcano is a sign of a newborn Entei.

I even mentioned the same thing here regarding legends.

The major point I will concede is that legends most likely contain a lot of logic jumps. Ho-Oh, for example, could have called on the Legendary Dogs to put out the fire in the tower as opposed to actually creating them itself -- as long as a human does not notice the dogs entering the tower, the story is not implausible according to limited perspective.

~~~

But this has been steadily moving further and further off-topic.

~~~

If a trainer challenged me and pulled out a legendary pokemon (let's say Articuno in this case), I'd take it as a great chance to both learn more about said pokemon as well as the rare opportunity to see one up close and personal. Even if I were to lose the battle completely, it'd be worth it to see such a dazzling display of power, no?

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    That is the point I was trying to make. Even if the scientists have observed an Entei at the place a new volcano has risen, or increased Entei activity, does not mean that a new volcano is a sign of a newborn Entei.

I even mentioned the same thing here regarding legends.

~~~

But this has been steadily moving further and further off-topic.

~~~

If a trainer challenged me and pulled out a legendary pokemon (let's say Articuno in this case), I'd take it as a great chance to both learn more about said pokemon as well as the rare opportunity to see one up close and personal. Even if I were to lose the battle completely, it'd be worth it to see such a dazzling display of power, no?

i agree to all points made ^_^

id love to see giratina in real life XD
    but to be honest, i say bring on the shiny shuckles their so cute XD

but for legends i would want to face all of them in battle, my and Z (my porygon-Z) and Cynder (my Typhlosion) would own all of them anyways :P

Satoshi_poketo monsta

Pokemon Master.
    Years
  • i agree to all points made ^_^

id love to see giratina in real life XD
    but to be honest, i say bring on the shiny shuckles their so cute XD

but for legends i would want to face all of them in battle, my and Z (my porygon-Z) and Cynder (my Typhlosion) would own all of them anyways :P

Yup! Those are great too! Imagine Jirachi is real! Man! I'll make a wish straight!

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • Yes, I agree. This part of the game seems dumb and illogical. I'm not saying you shouldn't catch legendaries, but it doesn't seem kosher to the storyline if you use it in battle. I keep all my legendaries in a special spot in my PC. This is a good point :D

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Yup! Those are great too! Imagine Jirachi is real! Man! I'll make a wish straight!

i know my wish, same thing ive wished since thanksgiving of 2008.......

anyways imagine of you were the trainer with a legendary, how would you react if the opponent just threw a common Bidoof against your...... celebi per say lol

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2010
    I have one more important point to add! xP

In Pokemon Colosseum a character exclaims "It's, a Ho-oh!" So there is in fact, multiple Ho-ohs.

"A" is simply an indefinite article. Its use does not imply a plural, or even objects outside the one being demonstrated.

If I have a pear, I have a pear. If I see a rabid raccoon, I see a rabid raccoon. These statements alone do not tell you whether I have more than one pear or this is my only one, or if I know there are more than one raccoons about.

Or, to chalk it up to programming, it is slightly easier to put "It's a [pokemon name]!" and apply it to every pokemon as opposed to applying it to the majority and having a special legendary message appear for legendaries. If the message was more direct ("Look! It's the one and only Ho-Oh that exists!"), then I will agree with your point. Until then, I am a skeptic.

The Red Chain

I guess I'll just go on ahead and contribute to the actual question in the first post.. >_<;
    Well first I'd laugh uncontrollably. Then I would return my Pokemon and say "noob" to the guy, turn, and walk off. XD

I don't like the idea of people owning legendaries in the anime or games. [besides yourself really]
    It's a challenge yeah but it irks me. Legendaries are supposed to be these mighty god-like beings.. it's like keeping a grizzly bear as a house pet.
    Very odd and perhaps the tiniest bit risky. ._.; It wouldn't work out as well as Open Season did that's for sure.

Last edited:

dragontamerandrea

i love my scalies. :3
    Years
  • Another point I'd like to add
    Ash has had alot of very rare experiences with legenderies and seen alot first hand, so much more than 99% of everyone else
    And when he sees Entei in Pokemon the movie 3 he says
    "You are not Entei" if there was more than one Entei (and Ash would know these things) he would say "you are not a real Entei" rather than "you are not THE real Entei"

Years
  • "You are not Entei" if there was more than one Entei (and Ash would know these things) he would say "you are not a real Entei" rather than "you are not THE real Entei"
    That doesn't really matter. In the anime they refer to all Pokemon (Legendary or not) by their species name as if the specific Pokemon is an individual. If the Unown had created any other Pokemon Ash would have most likely said "you are not the real _______". I'm positive that Ash didn't know anything about Entei at all. In fact, he still probably doesn't know much about it. Ash doesn't seem to know much about the Pokemon world in general.

I hope that made sense. :P

"A" is simply an indefinite article. Its use does not imply a plural, or even objects outside the one being demonstrated.

If I have a pear, I have a pear. If I see a rabid raccoon, I see a rabid raccoon. These statements alone do not tell you whether I have more than one pear or this is my only one, or if I know there are more than one raccoons about.

Or, to chalk it up to programming, it is slightly easier to put "It's a [pokemon name]!" and apply it to every pokemon as opposed to applying it to the majority and having a special legendary message appear for legendaries. If the message was more direct ("Look! It's the one and only Ho-Oh that exists!"), then I will agree with your point. Until then, I am a skeptic.
    Perhaps that was a bad quote. :S

They are definitely implying that there are multiples here. In that same video another character states "This is the first time I've seen one up so close." That right there pretty much shows that Ho-oh is not a unique species. I suppose that sentence still can be taken another way if you take an in-depth look at it, but if there weren't multiple Ho-oh that would be a very strange choice of words.

Last edited:

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
  • I'd be all geared up getting ready for his next Pokemon and when he sent out something like Mewtwo or Mew I'd just say "Nah, too far" and walk away lol

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Guys, I find the "is there more than one legendary" debate just as fascinating as the rest of you, but please take it to a new thread. I'll let one of you make the new one but until you do, please don't discuss that in here--that's not what this thread is for. D:

That aside, if I ran into someone with a legendary, I probably wouldn't even realize it was legendary. I'd probably just assume it was a highly-evolved form of something I wasn't familiar with and then get my ass handed to me. If I did know what it was (unlikely if I were a typical resident of the Pokémon world :P), I'd simply be honoured that my opponent thought I was enough of a threat to call out their legend. XD;

HugSomebody

Trust me!~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    If I was battling someone and they threw out a legendary, I would say omg! And then battle the fight of my Pokemon career. XD

dragontamerandrea

i love my scalies. :3
    Years

• That aside, if I ran into someone with a legendary, I probably wouldn't even realize it was legendary. I'd probably just assume it was a highly-evolved form of something I wasn't familiar with and then get my ass handed to me. If I did know what it was (unlikely if I were a typical resident of the Pokémon world :P), I'd simply be honoured that my opponent thought I was enough of a threat to call out their legend. XD;
    Would you not sort of feel bad for it though? Like idk it kind of reminds me of bear dancing, where they capture this powerful animal and use it for entertainment, like imagine a lugia supposed to be roaming the seas! D:

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • Well it's a trainer battle, "You can't run from a trainer battle!", so I guess that ruins my idea of running away screaming. I guess it would be just like in the show, where my weak little pokemon have an epic battle with a giant pokemon, and when they lose I hug them and cry about how it's just too powerful. lol

But in "reality", they would probably get stomped into the ground by Giratina or Arceus.

What I don't get though, is why Arceus, the god of all pokemon, would willingly go into a trainers pokeball and be "owned" by it. It's the god of all pokemon, it doesn't have to take spit from some puny trainer!

BlazingShadow

Stealth God
    Years
  • Well if Pokemon was real then I would ride on my Flygon or Salamence and then soar the sky ! I would love to see people battle with their pokemon on streets, parks, and even at school.

KejiBebi

aishiteru
    Years
  • Haha I did always wonder what the other trainer must be thinking (if they could think) if I would send out a big legendary type Pokemon.
    I know if one was pulled out on me I'd be like "No fair!!"

It doesn't really make sense that we can catch them, but I still do.
    I rarely ever use them for battle though. They don't fit in with the rest of my party. The only ones I ever use that are Legendary are small cute ones, like my Mew that I have right now. :3

Back