• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Pokemon were real, what would getting hit by attacks feel like?

Years
    If you were hit with a Ember, Hyper beam, vine whip, etc. what do you think it'd feel like? And no, there isn't any "anime style protection" either.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I'm 99.9% sure that anything hit with Fire Blast would be instantly incinerated and most poison-type attacks would feel just like any other bite from a venomous animal, and I speak from experience when I say that that hurts. D:

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2012
    Well....

Ember = burned by stove
    Hyper beam = incinerated by a huge laser
    Vine whip = being whipped
    Hydro pump = being shot with those police-grade hose
    Ice beam = frozen as ice and having severe frost bite (resulting in massive skin damage) upon thawing
    Tackle = like being tackled by a football player
    Headbutt/Slam = like getting hit by a car

Seriously, I wouldn't survive in the Pokemon World.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Fire=Burn
    Ice=Frost Bite
    Grass=Cuts and whips
    Poison=Like Venom
    Dragon=crush
    Rock=Getting rocks thrown at you
    etc.

nm legend

Years
    yea i would not wanna be around pokemon..... most moves would kill us... espcially one doing draco meteor...i mean dam...freakin meteors summoned from the sky

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
    Years
    Razor Leaf would cut one uopen or in pieces, Petal dance would cut one slowly, Vine Whip would whip you very hard and Soldar Beam, being pure energy, would burn and evaporate where it hit.

I don't think Razor Leaf would actually slice anyone open... More like just heaps of small cuts like walking through a thorn bush or something. The leaves used in a Razor Leaf attack have never appeared solid or extremely sharp to me but I could be wrong. :)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'm surprised Team Rocket hasn't died from being Thunderbolted by Pikachu so much. Anyway, moving to Pokemon General since this isn't really about the games.

Years
    What would it feel like? I don't know, how does death feel?

I'm horrified over the thought of a haunter eating my dreams...that must be all sorts of pain

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lol.

Dream Eater = undisturbed nights :D
    Dragon Claw = weird cold blue fire leaving scratches xD
    Giga Impact = Impact so powerful the user goes into a short coma xD

I do know Earthquake would be forbidden because of the massive destruction some n00b with a Cubone could cause...

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    i'd hope very mild D= i can't imagine surviving a thundershock or fireblast, and attacks like waterfall and earthquake would probably take a pretty major toll on the earth xD i would guess if pokemon were real, they'd keep some sort of barrier separating humans and essentially harmless pokemon separate from more destructive pokemon, and battles wouldn't be allowed. or something >n>

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    Probably what would happen is we'd start mass exterminating those species of pokemon that were dangerous to us and had been known to cause the deaths of humans. All we'd be left with would be cute pokemon and baby pokemon that would never evolve because it would be illegal to participate in pokemon battles since some group like PETA would say it's immoral to force your pokemon to battle (even if the pokemon themselves want to).

And even then, they'd only be very watered down versions of the babies, like maybe an Igglybuff that could tickle you or a cute little Eevee dog to have around the house as a pet that could maybe wag its tail in some remnant of what tail whip could once do...

There would probably be some secret organizations that had gone underground with a few of the pokemon that were not exterminated originally, so they'd be some of the few (maybe only) of their breed, andi f they were ever caught, they'd be arrested for keeping a weapon of terror around, and the human would be arrested on attempted terrorism charges and their pokemon would be put to death.

....If, on the other hand, we assume that most pokemon moves don't hurt all that badly and are more flashy than anything, I STILL think there would be extreme regulations on how to use them, since animal rights' activists groups would insist that we not battle with them, and they certainly wouldn't let us catch hundreds of them and keep them in poke balls on charges of animal cruelty. It's also unlikely that all but the most skilled of trainers would be able to have anything much more powerful than the cute little pokemon. The more powerful pokemon would mostly either be wild, in reservations/zoos, or owned by handlers specially trained to take care of powerful pokemon.

But most ordinary people would just own things that resemble our pets of today, like glameow and miltank and sentret and whatnot. We'd also probably just keep them as pets instead of letting them battle, since again that would probably be illegal to just do at home with no official referee, since they wouldn't want to deal with lawsuits of (my battling partner cheated and hurt my pokemon beyond what we had agreed on -- I demand that he pay my pokemon's medical bills and both of our emotional trauma from the event). So maybe if pokemon really demonstrated what they wanted to do was battle, they'd be allowed to in very specific places with trained pokemon medical professionnel and referees nearby, but it's unlikely.

So, yeah lol. Anytime I see an "I wish pokemon were real" or "what would it be like if pokemon were real" thread, I just think of how it wouldn't be anywhere near as exciting as we think it would, assuming we applied all the other properties of the real world.

...Ha, sorry. I was bored :P.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Absorb/Mega Drain and other draining moves: Like you're being sucked out of your energy and getting weaker.

Slash, Cut etc. would hurt a lot and feel like scratches and slashes. Like with swords.

Water attacks... Bubble would be bubbles which would sting upon bursting, Bubblebeam the same but harder and Water Gun would feel like a stronger super soaker, Surf like getting crashed upon with a huge mass of water and as some one said Hydro Pump would feel like a torrent from a strong hose.

Thundershock would shock you like when sticking a finger in a gnawed electrical cord (or a tazer) which even could stop the hart of the healthiest of people (which tazers can do). Thunderbolt would stun you and you'd pass out waking up with extreme pain everywhere. Thunder would most likely kill you. Getting paralyzed would probably feel like having a volage goind through the body all the time, restricting movement greatly.

Ice moves would cause frostbite (pain) and feel really cold, and when frozen solid one would most likely die.

Fire would burn of course, Fire Blast would incinerate one into ashes, Sacred Fire would kill while granting the outmost of pains and getting Burned would be very very painful.

Razor Leaf would cut one uopen or in pieces, Petal dance would cut one slowly, Vine Whip would whip you very hard and Soldar Beam, being pure energy, would burn and evaporate where it hit.

Hyper Beam would hurt like hell, like a few trains colliding into you at the same time.

Tackle would be, as someone said, like an american football tackle and Body slam like a car hitting you.

The fighting moves would feel as in normal life if not stronger when performed by a pokémon. ThunderPunch would feel like a hard and electrifying punch, Ice punch like a hard but intensely cold fist and Fire punch like a very hot fist.

Poisoning would act like a very acute hypersensitivity reaction. Fever, flushes, edema etc.

Those Pokemon are some durable little beasts, aren't they? Enduring such brutal attacks day by day like they're peanuts, withstanding the pain to get stronger. I admire their courage.

Probably what would happen is we'd start mass exterminating those species of pokemon that were dangerous to us and had been known to cause the deaths of humans. All we'd be left with would be cute pokemon and baby pokemon that would never evolve because it would be illegal to participate in pokemon battles since some group like PETA would say it's immoral to force your pokemon to battle (even if the pokemon themselves want to).

And even then, they'd only be very watered down versions of the babies, like maybe an Igglybuff that could tickle you or a cute little Eevee dog to have around the house as a pet that could maybe wag its tail in some remnant of what tail whip could once do...

There would probably be some secret organizations that had gone underground with a few of the pokemon that were not exterminated originally, so they'd be some of the few (maybe only) of their breed, andi f they were ever caught, they'd be arrested for keeping a weapon of terror around, and the human would be arrested on attempted terrorism charges and their pokemon would be put to death.

....If, on the other hand, we assume that most pokemon moves don't hurt all that badly and are more flashy than anything, I STILL think there would be extreme regulations on how to use them, since animal rights' activists groups would insist that we not battle with them, and they certainly wouldn't let us catch hundreds of them and keep them in poke balls on charges of animal cruelty. It's also unlikely that all but the most skilled of trainers would be able to have anything much more powerful than the cute little pokemon. The more powerful pokemon would mostly either be wild, in reservations/zoos, or owned by handlers specially trained to take care of powerful pokemon.

But most ordinary people would just own things that resemble our pets of today, like glameow and miltank and sentret and whatnot. We'd also probably just keep them as pets instead of letting them battle, since again that would probably be illegal to just do at home with no official referee, since they wouldn't want to deal with lawsuits of (my battling partner cheated and hurt my pokemon beyond what we had agreed on -- I demand that he pay my pokemon's medical bills and both of our emotional trauma from the event). So maybe if pokemon really demonstrated what they wanted to do was battle, they'd be allowed to in very specific places with trained pokemon medical professionnel and referees nearby, but it's unlikely.

So, yeah lol. Anytime I see an "I wish pokemon were real" or "what would it be like if pokemon were real" thread, I just think of how it wouldn't be anywhere near as exciting as we think it would, assuming we applied all the other properties of the real world.

...Ha, sorry. I was bored :P.

O_O Anime protection FTW. At least in the anime, Trainers wouldn't have so much government interference regarding Pokemon battles... But yeah, with the potential of collateral damage and the agonizing human injury that's possible, several limitations would probably be in place.

I, for one, do not wish to get hit by Sheer Cold, Guillotine, Fissure, or Horn Drill IRL or even think of the possible adverse complication(s) that would be involved. :cer_eek:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    For attacks like Scratch, Tackle or Pound: it feels like a real animal would do that, to a lesser extent.

For attacks like Hyper Beam, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, etc.: those attacks would be enough to cause injury levels similar to their real world counterparts (third degree burns from Flamethrower, frostbite from Ice Beam and electrocution from Thunderbolt)

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I think tail whip would be of notable oddity. In the games it does no damage at all, but just imagine a Charizard's tail hitting you...

Tackle would be, as someone said, like an american football tackle and Body slam like a car hitting you.
    I think the affect would largely depend on the speed and weight of the Pokemon hitting you. A Pikachu's tackle should be easy enough to walk off, but Nidoking? Start running, now.

I'm surprised Team Rocket hasn't died from being Thunderbolted by Pikachu so much.
    High volts, low amps.

Last edited:
    Back