• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Pokemon were real, what would getting hit by attacks feel like?

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2010
    I think tail whip would be of notable oddity. In the games it does no damage at all, but just imagine a Charizard's tail hitting you...
    Ha, yeah. Unless the move doesn't actually hit you full on, but maybe whips in front of your face to startle you into lowering your guard.

Dream Eater while you're asleep would be scary.

SceptileTsutaja

Pkmn New Dawn Trainer/fakemon
    Years
    i never really thought about it. but i guess you can say

charm = falling in love
    thunderbolt = being shocked by a bolt of lightning/thunder (hense the name)
    quick attack - being hit by a very quick boxer

Years
    I think tail whip would be of notable oddity. In the games it does no damage at all, but just imagine a Charizard's tail hitting you...

I think the affect would largely depend on the speed and weight of the Pokemon hitting you. A Pikachu's tackle should be easy enough to walk off, but Nidoking? Start running, now.

High volts, low amps.
    What about volt tackle, how would that hurt

Years
    What about Wing Attack?

I mean, maybe something like Taillow might be shaken off, but what about

Lugia
    Ho-Oh
    Charizard
    Skarmory?

And all of you are forgetting Roar as well. True, Shinx's might be cute and all, but Exploud will kill you.

Also a RL Giga Impact = Meteor.

Ayselipera

Ember = burned by stove
    Hyper beam = incinerated by a huge laser
    Vine whip = being whipped
    Hydro pump = being shot with those police-grade hose
    Ice beam = frozen as ice and having severe frost bite (resulting in massive skin damage) upon thawing
    Tackle = like being tackled by a football player
    Headbutt/Slam = like getting hit by a car

Seriously, I wouldn't survive in the Pokemon World.

My thoughts exactly!

Seriously though this is pretty much how I imagine the moves being in real life. The anime makes it like if you're shocked or hit with a flamethrower you just stiff up for a couple seconds and the end result is a layer of ash covering you. In real life though I imagine many deaths and injuries. :D

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
    Roar of Time. Ill be sent somewheree in time or frozen in time and to add that my ear drums would be popped. Lifes rough...

Years
    • Age 23
    • PA
    • Seen Jan 26, 2011
    Absorb/Mega Drain and other draining moves: Like you're being sucked out of your energy and getting weaker.

Slash, Cut etc. would hurt a lot and feel like scratches and slashes. Like with swords.

Water attacks... Bubble would be bubbles which would sting upon bursting, Bubblebeam the same but harder and Water Gun would feel like a stronger super soaker, Surf like getting crashed upon with a huge mass of water and as some one said Hydro Pump would feel like a torrent from a strong hose.

Thundershock would shock you like when sticking a finger in a gnawed electrical cord (or a tazer) which even could stop the hart of the healthiest of people (which tazers can do). Thunderbolt would stun you and you'd pass out waking up with extreme pain everywhere. Thunder would most likely kill you. Getting paralyzed would probably feel like having a volage goind through the body all the time, restricting movement greatly.

Ice moves would cause frostbite (pain) and feel really cold, and when frozen solid one would most likely die.

Fire would burn of course, Fire Blast would incinerate one into ashes, Sacred Fire would kill while granting the outmost of pains and getting Burned would be very very painful.

Razor Leaf would cut one uopen or in pieces, Petal dance would cut one slowly, Vine Whip would whip you very hard and Soldar Beam, being pure energy, would burn and evaporate where it hit.

Hyper Beam would hurt like hell, like a few trains colliding into you at the same time.

Tackle would be, as someone said, like an american football tackle and Body slam like a car hitting you.

The fighting moves would feel as in normal life if not stronger when performed by a pokémon. ThunderPunch would feel like a hard and electrifying punch, Ice punch like a hard but intensely cold fist and Fire punch like a very hot fist.

Poisoning would act like a very acute hypersensitivity reaction. Fever, flushes, edema etc.

One word. OUCH. That's violent not for little girls. :o

Yeah yeah I dunno how Team Rocket is still alive. o.O

All those: "Looks like Team Rocket's blasting off againnn...!!" And quote from Meowth: "What goes must always come down.." :3 Must be immortal.

Last edited:

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
    Think of the new moves too~
    Purgatory:
    You would be ashes.
    Gale:
    Pretty much sucked up into a tornado...
    Boiling water:
    Just ouch. ._.
    Drill Liner:
    Could you imagine a large drill going through your body?

These new moves seem pretty brutal~

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    Certain episodes show that many common Pokémon can't stand up to nearly as much abuse as one would first think, such as when Pikachu was more or less killed by a falling chandelier. This means (other then that many stronger Pokémon seem to restrict their power in battles when fighting weaker ones), a fit man armed with a sledge hammer has just about as good a chance of caving in Raticate's skull as the Raticate has biting his arm off, though stuff like Metagross and Registeel wouldn't be fazed at all.

Moves like Tackle also depend on which Pokémon is using them. Getting tackled by Porygon/Porygon2 (as shown by Smash Brothers) is equivalent to being hit by a small car, Venusaur or Blastoise would be getting hit by a sumo, Something like Raticate or Fearow would be getting slammed by a football player, and Linoone or Furret would be a head on collision with a sprinter, and finally, Caterpie or Pidgey...Wouldn't hurt too much.

bOxieLiciOus

not here 4 lipsyncing
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2011
    it feels like hell if you would get hit by a thunder shock or maybe volt tackle, and oh, i think water attacks shouldn't hurt that much. xx;

Filozofio

Hand Over The Candy
    Years
    If Pokemon were real... then we'd be in some huge trouble. Pretty much all of the attacking moves would be fatal to people and even some of the condition moves ( like Thunderwhip & Will-o-Wisp ) would seriously injure, if not kill, most people.

So yea. I'm glad they're not real. owo;;

Last edited:
    Years
    You definitely won't be able to shake them off like they do in the anime -.-"
    That's the only thing that's certain

Ebi15

Balanced Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2011
    It would feel sooooo painful! And don't get me started on type attacks like flamethrower and surf:laugh:

Back