• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Pokemon Were Real What Would Happen?

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
Years
  • So, I know this thread has been made before. I believe it is dead. Sorry mods if there is an active one. I looked it up and only found a dead one. So, needless to say, I am reviving it.

Discussion Time! Trade ideas. Elaborate. What would you do? Do you think all of us Pokemon fans would try to make gyms? Would there be chaos? Anything you can think of! Reply to other theories and give your opinions!

Ready...Set... GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
  • If Pokemon were real, I would go on a Pokemon journey, catch Suicune, and be the happiest person alive. Because, you know, obviously Suicune is the best!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If Pokémon were to come into existence someday, I could see much of us borrowing ideas from anime and games; we could see ourselves developing Poké Balls, Paralyze Heals, Max Potions, and various other items relating to them. People would be getting help from Pokémon for their everyday lives, and get work done much easier. For example, I could imagine my local fire-service department to be carry Blastoise; this one could learn a variety of water-type attacks, such as Hydro Cannon and Water Pulse, and as soon as it uses something, flames would turn down in an instant.

Personally, I'd love it all, as I've always wanted Pokémon to become an actual thing. One I would definitely capture is Vulpix; am a huge fan of this Pokémon, and would have it kept as my pet. Another is Togekiss; when battling, it'd be very useful to me. Game mechanics probably wouldn't apply here, since this is real life, so it might not be able to perform as good, but I'd still like to at least have it, nonetheless.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2015
    If Pokemon were real, let's face it, there will be chaos and it will ensue rapidly. However, speaking of this, if it were real I'd be hitting the road after completing college and getting my starter and going on a world wide journey!

But if it were real, the fans would probably name all of the different countries after the different regions in the game. It would be kind of cool if this were to happen.

My team would consist of:
    1.) Blaziken
    2.) Absol
    3.) Pikachu [[Of course.]]
    4.) Beautifly
    5.) Swampert
    6.) Mighteyena

GeraldTheTheroiest

Pokemon Theroiest
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2015
    While their would be many positives to this and the idea is awesome, we cant forget all those pokemon out their that are Kidnappers, ship sinkers, and even murderers.

Examples of a few-

Hypno-"It carries a pendulum-like device. There once was an incident in which it took away a child it hypnotized." Verdict: Kidnapper

Drifloon-"It is whispered that any child who mistakes Drifloon for a balloon and holds on to it could wind up missing." Verdict: Kidnapper

Dragalge-"Tales are told of ships that wander into seas where Dragalge live, never to return." Verdict: Ship Sinker and possible Murderer

Honedge- "If anyone dares to grab its hilt, it wraps a blue cloth around that person's arm and drains that person's life energy completely."
    Verdict: Murderer

and tons more...

So in a way i'm glad pokemon don't exist

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
  • Keep in mind that in a world where the wildlife have elemental powers, humans seem pretty fragile in comparison. In this world, our intelligence would be our only, not to mention greatest, weapon. Some Pokemon could be more dangerous than others, and that means they have the potential to kill. Looking at the Pokedex, you can see that some Pokemon could cause massive damage, such as:

Magcargo: "Magcargo's body temperature is approximately 18,000 degrees F. Water is vaporized on contact. If this Pokémon is caught in the rain, the raindrops instantly turn into steam, cloaking the area in a thick fog."

^"Water is vaporized on contact"? Well, that's pretty frightening, especially because water is vital for life. At 18,000 degrees Fahrenheit, Magcargo would generate so much heat, you wouldn't even need to have direct contact with it to feel that heat! Our bodies are approximately 50-60% water, so if you were near a Magcargo, all that water would eventually evaporate, under our skin, with nowhere to escape. You complete the picture (or watch VSauce3, as he puts way more detail into this subject than I have).

There are others I can think of, like Victreebel, Kabutops, and Gyarados, but there are too many to list. So yeah, I'll be fine playing the video game. I'm glad Pokemon aren't real.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Keep in mind that in a world where the wildlife have elemental powers, humans seem pretty fragile in comparison. In this world, our intelligence would be our only, not to mention greatest, weapon. Some Pokemon could be more dangerous than others, and that means they have the potential to kill. Looking at the Pokedex, you can see that some Pokemon could cause massive damage, such as:

Magcargo: "Magcargo's body temperature is approximately 18,000 degrees F. Water is vaporized on contact. If this Pokémon is caught in the rain, the raindrops instantly turn into steam, cloaking the area in a thick fog."

^"Water is vaporized on contact"? Well, that's pretty frightening, especially because water is vital for life. At 18,000 degrees Fahrenheit, Magcargo would generate so much heat, you wouldn't even need to have direct contact with it to feel that heat! Our bodies are approximately 50-60% water, so if you were near a Magcargo, all that water would eventually evaporate, under our skin, with nowhere to escape. You complete the picture (or watch VSauce3, as he puts way more detail into this subject than I have).

There are others I can think of, like Victreebel, Kabutops, and Gyarados, but there are too many to list. So yeah, I'll be fine playing the video game. I'm glad Pokemon aren't real.
    Never mind being that hot to evaporate our body water - for reference, the Sun's surface is about 5778 Kelvin, or 10,000 degrees F.

That's right - Magcargo is hotter than the surface of the Sun. One does wonder how accurate these pokedex entries are, haha. But certainly I do agree that Pokemon in real life would be more a danger than a benefit. The set up of the games wouldn't be anything easy to achieve.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2014
    I guess the world would be just as it is today, only we'd have a large selection of pokemon being bred in captivity due to the endangerment of pokemon.

I imagine pokemon battling would be against all laws, just as it is with pitting two animals to fight against one another. In the end, I guess it would be exactly like today, only we would have household pets which would have the power of starting fires and spitting water.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    We would try to control them because that's what humans do and fail and then we'd all be killed.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016

I'd imagine that would be fairly accurate although everyone has probably already seen it

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • It would be pretty cool,But the rulers of time and space.Sea, land, sky, and the Pokemon that is basically God (Arceus) being able to be captured by 10 year olds? Yeah, It wouldn't go down so well.

pyx

I will never repeat myself... I will never repeat
    Years
  • One word: chaos. I mean, the Pokemon world seems kind of a utopia when you think of it >.< If people actually had Pokemon, they would probably use them to cause utter destruction.

Dont get me wrong, in some instances, it would be awesome XD but the cons just outweigh the pros..

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I actually think that the world wouldn't be more dangerous or anything like that. Think about it. Today we have lots of wild, dangerous animals in our forests and mountains and everywhere in the wild really. That's life. If there would be pokémon living there as well (or instead), they would probably be as shy as animals today; they would be enraged or disturbed just as much as animals are today.

I don't think we would learn how to build pokéballs or magical max heals just like that. If ever. We would probably try to tame pokémon though, taking ideas from the franchise. Since every pokémon world shows pokémon to be intelligent, more so than most animals, and able to communicate somehow with humans, it probably wouldn't take long until there would be pokémon rights written into the laws and experiments and research going on about just how intelligent pokémon can be. Alakazam would be really creepy to experiment on, with its super smartness xD

No doubt there would eventually grow a sport pitting pokémon against each other with their magnificent powers. However, with the pokémon rights and protection and all, I don't think it would be allowed in civilized countries. At least it might become a very expensive sport with loads of rules and precautions. It might not look like Ash's battles in the anime. Rather, something more akin to the contest battles, I'd think.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2014
    I believe if Pokemon were to come into existence now, we'd all be dead. I mean, there's a reason that wild Pokemon are so dangerous, they happen to be deadly creatures, even the very weakest of them. And, if we don't have the technology to catch them, well...

But, provided we did, there's a few things I'd do. I'd try my best to get my Eeveelutions together, then I'd just keep them as pets. Pokemon battles seem pretty dangerous, better to be safe than sorry.

I believe many people would form gyms more as a training system to strengthen you and your Pokemon against wild ones than for fun, I also believe we'd have plenty of Pokemon professors, as someone would surely study such fascinating creatures.

The whole world would be a dangerous place, for a time. Wars would stop, conflicts would temporarily cease due to the new factor of deadly elemental creatures roaming around. Once the technology is developed to catch them, though, someone would get the bright idea to use them in a war.

Now, if someone manages to acquire a legendary Pokemon, the world would be in a bad situation. There would be deadly consequences, and many people would die. If it's severe enough, possible the world would end.

I'd love real Pokemon, don't get me wrong, but our world's not happy-go-lucky enough in its current state to have such powerful creatures roaming around. Either the Pokemon would kill us, or humans capturing legendaries would kill us. I don't see a particularly good ending to this situation. >_>

Anyway, if anyone can show me I'm wrong, I would be quite pleased.

Years
  • The United States of America would weaponize them and become a glorified Team Rocket. Soon enough there'd be Pokemon 'stand your ground' laws that would be horrendously abused.

We'd also mass-farm Poke-meat. Miltanks would have it the worst and no one would particularly care. The Japanese would hunt Wailord near extinction and everyone would be pissed off but the Emperor would sidestep it all using a Hypno.

This stuff could never happen in the real world. Y'know. I stretched my imagination a bit today.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2023
    Lol you all forgetting one thing. Legendarys will be the least of your problems. BEEDRILL. These pokemon will rek ur **** up and dominate everything. Every pokemon has a instict to fear Beedrill. They will rule the world and enslave us humans.

Years
  • It would be NOTHING like the games, anime or anything else. We would just read the Pokedex entries and realize how screwed we are. I would be surprised if we survived for more than a week.

JGGray6

Huge PokeFan
    Years
  • It would be awkward for non vegetarians if pokemon replaced animals. But my other thoughts are, it would be adults that would train them because kids aren't responsible enough.

LilyWhite

Lily White
    Years
  • If pokemon were real, all hell would break loose. I mean, with pokemon of such baffling power just roaming around and no restrictions on breeding said mons (like, I could breed 300 Blastoises and just release them into the wild and wreak havoc on any ecosystem I wanted to) With any one being able to do anything and use pokemon as tools for ultimate conquest, Team Rocket killing a Marowak would seem like childs play. The world would be leveled in a week, tops.
    My gosh, it would be an apocalypse. Can't go on a boat without Jellicent sinking everything, can't go anywhere without fear of an Espurr going rogue and destroying everything in a 300 mile radius. Can't have children without worrying about a Hypno dragging them into a cave and never seeing them again. Can't go fishing without worrying about a stray enraged Gyrardos! Can't even see a Yamask without knowing that that Yamask is A DEAD PERSON. Worrying about getting touched by a Haunter and never being able to stop shaking. Knowing that Absol is pretty much a death omen. People probably see a lot of Absols.
    ALSO HOW DO FLAMING POKEMON GO AROUND WITHOUT EVER STARING FIRES?
    How is everyone in the pokemon universe not dead?

Back