• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Pokemon Were Real

Would you like it if Pokemon were real?

• Total voters
    Years
    The picture of an almost ideal world that is shown in the games and anime heavily contradicts with a lot of Pokedex entries. Assuming the Pokedex entries are right, and Pokemon like Tyranitar or Gyarados would be rampaging around if they would be real, and legendaries wanting to be worshipped and supressing religions to reach that aim (as mentioned above)...
    Even weaker Pokemon could cause a lot of chaos, since almost anything can learn heavily destructive moves like Flamethrower, Thunderbolt and Earthquake.
    No, I'd not like Pokemon being real, some things better stay fictional.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Assuming the Pokedex entries are right, and Pokemon like Tyranitar or Gyarados would be rampaging around if they would be real, and legendaries wanting to be worshipped and supressing religions to reach that aim

Yeah. It's like approachimg Arceus and having him retort "You know I'm god right... You wanna put god in a tiny ball, little man?"

Haha but really- The world of Pokemon is basically glorified animal fighting. Seriosuly wtf? Fun stuff for fiction...

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    But we are talking about Pokemon in the REAL world. We aren't talking about an anime here. You may say only a certain number would drop out, but that would only be the start that number would soon increase as time goes by.

We hardly co-exist at all, we pretend we are superior. When an animal kills a human what does man do? We kill it. Also Animals like bears and tigers don't have the ability to shoot flames, water or vines like Pokemon do. Think about it, the best a rat can do in real life is give us Weils disease but in Pokemon it can zap you with tens of thousands of volts of electricity which will cause you to explode.

You're absolutely correct. I was looking in the context of the possibility of a peaceful coexistance as displayed in the anime.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 21, 2016
    i can just imagine going around with a couple pokemon Charizard to fly Blastoise to swim Entei to ride on Arceus for altering dimensions and shaymin just for awesomeness

nidorina

Ash Ketchum groupie~1998♥
    Years
    Completely disregarding the real-life factors of having Pokemon running around, I think it'd be amazing. I wouldn't have to go to school and me and my friends could walk around all day and not come home at night without worried/angry parents waiting. I would have a Vaporeon, a Dragonair, and a WEEDLE <3

I live near woods, and once when I was little I was telling myself Pokemon weren't real. I looked out the window and saw an animal walk by, though I couldn't tell what it was as it was dark. I was like "Who knows, maybe we're all wrong!" I think I was in 1st grade. :3

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 21, 2016
    I live near woods, and once when I was little I was telling myself Pokemon weren't real. I looked out the window and saw an animal walk by, though I couldn't tell what it was as it was dark. I was like "Who knows, maybe we're all wrong!" I think I was in 1st grade. :3
    i know right once i was in the lake and i saw a shadow go over the water i looked up and there was something flying past a rainbow i agree we might all be either wrong/right/or completely and utterly insane :D

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
    Another approach came into my mind; would if pokemon were treated as average citizens? So basically, the meowth that went on a rampage in my examples was arrested and inspired a new episode of Criminal Minds (or any other crime show for that matter), Arceus was accused of vandalism and murder thus was tortured until he escaped, the ponyta wouldn't be ridden in the first place, Darkrai would be convicted and jailed for murder and then say something like "Aww shiz, I can't escape like Arceus... oh F-waffles." Oh yeah, and missingno would be arrested for being a hacker... uh..., -ish.
    Any thoughts on that idea?

Mawile

The Flying Beast of Beyond!
    Years
    It'd be kinda cool. I love the idea, but working the real world COULD be a problem. Plus, everyone at my school would probably turn up with Pikachu, Jigglypuff or Happiny. And there I'd be, chilling with my Shuckle. And Mawile. And Drifloon....

I need to make a LIST people.

Another approach came into my mind; would if pokemon were treated as average citizens? So basically, the meowth that went on a rampage in my examples was arrested and inspired a new episode of Criminal Minds (or any other crime show for that matter), Arceus was accused of vandalism and murder thus was tortured until he escaped, the ponyta wouldn't be ridden in the first place, Darkrai would be convicted and jailed for murder and then say something like "Aww shiz, I can't escape like Arceus... oh F-waffles." Oh yeah, and missingno would be arrested for being a hacker... uh..., -ish.
    Any thoughts on that idea?
    That would probably be the only way humans and Pokemon would be able to coexist peacefully...but we can't even do that with ourselves. 'Tis pitiful.

Those F-waffles sound tasty. Do they come with chocolate sauce?

Last edited:

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Lol why is everybody talking about legends ?

What I'd imagine is ME walking ona big mountain road with my Blaziken next to me . It'd be my Salamence the one that I'm gonna ride all over the world , I'll catch legendary pokemon in Plastic Balls and I WON'T HAVE A POKEDEX !

Oblivion Reaper 2.0

Not Dead Yet
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Hell
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    well...
    the anime is made for children so the pokeworld of the anime is different then what you'ed find in manga or the Main seris of games...
    Besides I would find some way to piss off Arceus and bring the end of the world

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Another thing, what would be classified as a pokemon and what would not? With the Bombadier Beetle, and all other kinds of poisonous animals in reality, would they be Pokemon too?
    If Pokémon were real, then it would be a possibility that the normal animals we have today in reality may in fact be Pokémon of their own. Dragonflies we know today would be Yanma and so on. So, I think in a way, the realistic animals would be a transformed alteration to the Pokémon we know to exist.

I would be worried for my own safety, possibly start killing them.
    That is very subtle of you I must say. O_o

As for myself though, in a way I would love for Pokémon to be real. In one life would be a bit more interesting than it is today. There would be more exploration, more opportunity for many and so many things to possibly achieve. I believe more of a history would be involved as well, a more enlightening and interesting theory of history that is. With Pokémon being a realistic thing, so much in this world would be different. Good and bad.

Life could also become more disastrous to the human kind, life threatening even. Things would very much be different as it goes to show Pokémon have more of an intellect brain than the animals we know today have. Plus, the people who grow to raise them may not all look for the good in things. Even the anime shows the negative of Pokémon abuse and empowerment. Not as frank as it might be in reality, but it's there. So in a way having Pokémon be real would be great, it'll give life something different to encounter everyday, but then you look at the darker side of it, and you see how much it can outweigh you of the good.

When I was a kid, all I could think of was Pokémon being real. However, I was a kid back then, I never thought of the bad back then. Today though, I open myself to all the different possibilities it would take for us in life. Still a fun matter to ponder about though, I must say. I can only imagine the great I could be able to do, and the mistakes I just might make.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Uh, I think this Poll's gone on long enough. It's about time for this thread to be locked. The Yes people win.

Emotion.

Mentally Burning Rainbow.
    Years
    I'd love it to have one as like a little pet. I'd also like a Bulbsaur or something with Vine Whip to grab stuff and all that, and a Psychic for the same reason :P.
    My team would be something like Bulbasaur, Wartoitle, Espeon and a Cyndaqul. I'd also take the Wartoitle Scuba diving with me :P

FilbertTheFox

.:Welcome to Reality:. (>o.O)>
    Years
    It would be alright i guess, i mean walking around and seeing creatures would be wierd.
    Look a tad bit stupid throwing balls at birds and bugs etc. But it would be fun ;D

Back