• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Someone Told You They Liked You...

Years
  • I don't usually have people telling me this so I don't know how I'd respond. Most recently it spiralled into us telling each other how much we like each other and resulted in us going out.

And yeah it's hard to respect everything, tbh.

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
  • At first, I'd caught a little off-guard. Society seems to dictate that the guy always make the first move (and that's always how it's gone from my own experience), so I'd be surprised at a girl expressing interest in me first.

I think people should always get a chance so I'd more than likely give her at least a date or two, provided she meets two requirements:
    1) She isn't a stranger. She doesn't need to be a close friend or even someone I see daily, but if I don't know anything more than a name about her I'll probably turn her down.
    2) She isn't unattractive. We're all shallow to a point and we'd be lying to say looks don't matter (although my standards are pretty fair, at least I think), but it's more than just that; she needs to have an attractive personality as well. Self-centered, disrespectful, or all-around b♥♥♥♥♥y does not fly with me.

If it was another guy, I'd have to say that I'm flattered but only interested in women.

Years
  • To be honest, because I'm an insecure person who has trouble trusting anyone it would be hard to comprehend the fact that someone actually likes me. If it's someone who I consider a close friend, I might consider reacting in a positive way simply because I know I'm the type of person to develop feelings for someone should we ever start becoming good friends, which could be both a good and bad thing. Otherwise, I would be very doubtful, and would probably let them down as gentle as possible \: For instance, the situation right now, I'm currently really determined to express my feelings towards this certain someone who I've gotten rather close with over the last several months, and if he does share the same feelings then I would be over the moon in happiness.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • Rare. Very rare. But so far, nobody who has made the first approach has really been someone I'd really wanna be with. Still, I kinda give a fair window of opportunity; and get to know them better regardless, most of the time. Unless I'm not a big fan of them... in which case, I'd be really surprised they had the nerve to make an advance like that. 8D

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'd tell them I'm flattered, but I have a boyfriend that I love dearly. Oddly enough, I've always had more people like me when I'm taken. Probably cause I'm ~forbidden fruit~ when that's the case.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • if i didn't like the person back, i'd probably collapse from the awkwardness lmao.

i have no idea how to react in this situation. am i supposed to say thank you, or like give the kid a hug, or what?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Oh wow, you do? I'm very flattered and I'm really glad you do like me and such. :)

In all seriousness, it would depend on the person whether I had a crush on the guy before, or...idk. If it's someone out of random, then the outcome would be different.

Salamence62

you're gonna hear me rawr :3
    Years
  • if it were someone i liked online i'd:

stay paralyzed for ten minutes, re-reading the line over and over again, then i'd run around the house like an idiot screaming, then i'd sit down and type as fast as lightning totally declaring my love. cx

in real life i'd be confused, slightly weirded out since i don't know anyone in real life, but yeah, if i liked them i'd throw my arms around their neck and start planning our wedding, lmao. :p

if i didn't like them, i'd let them down slowly and kindly and tell them that i didn't repay their feelings and that it'd be unfair if i said i did and they should find someone who really loves them in turn. :3

sweets

You can do it! ☆彡
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2014
    Well, I have a boyfriend... I guess I'd just say "I'm sorry, but I love someone already." And nothing else. Gotta rip the bandaid off fast. Hopefully if they were my friend, we could still be friends without it being awkward :S

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • In regard to women, one has come to me to tell me that they like me in high school, and a number in elementary school and middle school. When that has happened, I end up going into a mode of Zen, and in the end I calmly let her down without being too rough or too gentle. If a woman whom I have mutual feelings with were to confess her love for me (this has yet to happen), I see myself pulling her into a big hug with a grin of happiness on my face, telling her I'm glad she thinks the same.

With men, though, it is slightly different. First, my taste in men is a lot more specific and refined than in women, making such an event a lot less likely with the same gender for me (then add in population percentages of gay men on top of that). In the past I have had a few men come to me to tell me that they love me, and when this has happened I say, "I'm flattered," (in honesty, since more often then not they're somewhat cute anyway) "but even though I'm bi I don't think we can have a relationship." …If another man told me that he really liked me and I felt the same, I'd likely engage in a gentle hug, crossing my arms around his back and holding his shoulders. In all honesty I'd be rather speechless, so I don't know what exactly I'd say. :s

I'd tell them I'm flattered, but I have a boyfriend that I love dearly. Oddly enough, I've always had more people like me when I'm taken. Probably cause I'm ~forbidden fruit~ when that's the case.
    There is a social dynamic that explains that. From what I've noticed men and women tend to be more open and interactive with the opposite sex in a mode of friendship, as they aren't looking for a significant other. Because of that attractive people are seen more, causing others to go after them because they know what they're looking for.

Years
  • If someone told you they liked you...what would you say? How would you react?
    What if that someone was someone you liked or never minded?
    What will you do ;)?

Well if it was a girl I liked alot maybe I would tell her the same thing but if it was somebody that I absolutely disliked I would ignore them and pretend they're not there essentially for the fact, my opinion is that they're d*****bags.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • There is a social dynamic that explains that. From what I've noticed men and women tend to be more open and interactive with the opposite sex in a mode of friendship, as they aren't looking for a significant other. Because of that attractive people are seen more, causing others to go after them because they know what they're looking for.
    pretty sure it's just because a lot of guys are secretly afraid of commitment. it's a lot easier to want someone who's already taken because you don't have to work up the courage to make any advances towards them. it's a subconscious thing, methinks.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I would blush, and I would ask her if it's for real. If it was someone I actually like or never minded, I would be the happiest person as I can be, and my long journey to find a relationship will finally be over, so long as it doesn't end so suddenly regarding real life problems like my previous relationship.

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
  • Unless it was someone I knew very well, I'd be convinced they were joking or trying to mess with me. And if it was someone I wasn't interested in, I'd be blunt, potentially to the point of rudeness, especially if they wouldn't leave me alone. Unwanted attention makes me uncomfortable.

I remember one guy in high school who just. Would not. Leave me alone. I'm not interested in guys in the first place, but I hardly knew the dude, and what I knew of him led me to believe we were polar opposites. He couldn't take a hint, either.

Years
  • I generally react with disbelief due to my lack of self-esteem, and then I get incredibly embarrassed, to be completely honest. Other times, though, I just feel incredibly awkward..especially when the feelings are not reciprocated..at all.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I've always been the one in all my past relationships that confessed their feelings first. And so far, all the people I've had feelings for and told were people that felt the same way about me that I do to them.

But I have had some people confess feelings for me. Depending on who they are, I take it as a form of flattery and tell them that I don't think of them like that, but I appreciate those feelings greatly. Then I feel guilty that I don't feel the same way, because I can tell it hurts them and whatnot that those feelings aren't the same. Either that or I get very uncomfortable because of who that person is, and I fear for our future relationship.

Ishtar

Seer of Heart
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    If it's someone I haven't payed much heed to, chances are I might brush them off politely.

I'd rather take things at a slow pace if I do decide to respond to their confession.
    Plus they'd have to be at least fun to look at too. Personality ain't everything. No one wants to date a toothless old man/woman for their personality.

Years
  • Unless it was someone I knew very well, I'd be convinced they were joking or trying to mess with me. And if it was someone I wasn't interested in, I'd be blunt, potentially to the point of rudeness, especially if they wouldn't leave me alone. Unwanted attention makes me uncomfortable.

I remember one guy in high school who just. Would not. Leave me alone. I'm not interested in guys in the first place, but I hardly knew the dude, and what I knew of him led me to believe we were polar opposites. He couldn't take a hint, either.

Ugh, I know that feeling. Being someone who doesn't even like the spotlight on myself to begin with, it's even more uncomfortable to have someone try to hound you into reciprocating the feelings or hoping for some sort of relationship. Even though I would prefer to let someone down gently, and stay friends with them (if they're close friends), I have no qualms about being blatantly blunt to their face if they're not getting the hint.

I generally react with disbelief due to my lack of self-esteem, and then I get incredibly embarrassed, to be completely honest. Other times, though, I just feel incredibly awkward..especially when the feelings are not reciprocated..at all.

That sense of awkwardness is the sole reason why I never really confess to people :c I'm scared to lose the friendship I have with them, but then I'm constantly internally fighting myself in trying to keep my feelings under wraps. I have the same issue with my self-esteem, and confidence where I convince myself that there's nothing to like about myself so I have trouble believing people when they do tell me they like me.

Back