• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Someone Told You They Liked You...

Years
    I'd almost be offended. I actually despise being told I'm attractive or that someone likes me, I like the chase more than anything.
    There was once a girl I had a thing for in high school but didn't act on it or even tell anyone about it until after. One of her friends came up and blurted it out to her complete embarrassment and after that my attraction towards her faded instantly. I even told her much later that we might have had a shot if her friend hadn't opened her mouth.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    This hasn't happened too much to me, but it has happened a few times. I generally just let them down gently because I've never really been interested in relationships. Even when I have had crushes on someone in the past and have been able to tell that they liked me the same way, I'd be too scared to say something and I'd end up forcing myself to ditch the feelings because the idea of committing to any kind of relationship was scary. So by the time they'd confess, I wouldn't be interested anymore whoops. The only time this didn't happen was with my current girlfriend since I guess I'd matured enough that committing wasn't as scary as it's always seemed in the past.

I imagine if it happened now, the process would be exactly the same except the gentle letdown is easier since it comes in the form of "sorry, I'm already in a relationship."

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    It would depend on how they asked me. If they just said "I like you" then I'd just be like "Uh, ok."

On the other hand if they actually made a move, i.e. said "I like you. Wanna go out some time?" then I'd probably accept as long as they seem like a friendly, respectful person. I'd only turn them down if I got the impression that they were a complete jerk, or if it was someone with little to no manners or tact. If I go on a date with them, the worst that could happen is I had a night out with a decent person :) But if over the course of the date I didn't feel that we made a connection, or I just didn't have any kind of feelings for them, then I'd say I'm not interested in a second date, but I wouldn't mind going out with them again as a friend.

I have very little experience with someone telling me they like me though, but the times it has happened this was how I handled it, and it usually went pretty well. It resulted in one actual relationship, and I remained friends with the others.

PSNGhost

God-Emperor
    Years
    Hehe, I'd be totally honest "I'm flattered and (if I thought so) you're cute, but my heart belongs to someone else. I mean, I'll probably never seem them again, (I know how heartbreaking *in a sarcastic tone*) but I still belong to someone else. So, sorry, but it shouldn't be hard for someone like you to find a date, anyways. (again, if I thought so.) So yep. :)

Years
    I'll be like, "I'm happy, but I'm also very sorry that I can't return your feelings. It's not that I don't like you, it's just that I don't see myself dating at the moment." This might seem kinda rude in someone else's eyes, But I would find it hard to date some one while I'm trying to support myself at the moment.

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
    Years
    If it's a guy my response would be "I'm not gay." If it was a girl I liked I would leap into her arms and kiss her passionately. Well, I wish I would do that, because it will never happen :P

For someone I don't like I'd say "Thanks for being honest and opening up about this to me but i'm sorry, I don't think our relationship can be a romantic one. Why do you like me anyway?" If they had a good enough reason maybe i'd reconsider, unless they're a)male or b)just too hideous in my opinion. I wouldn't tell them that they're hideous physically or personality wise to the point of incompatibility, just say "I'm not sexually attracted in you". It'd be pretty hard to reach that point though, I can be picky in my head but beggars can't be choosers, if someone professed interest in me I'd take what I could get.

I agree with p.pikachu but it happens 2 me sometimes ^^ we all get lucky sometimes lol

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2016
    Just getting out of a relationship and not being close to over it, I'd still be flattered and maybe talked to them if I returned a bit of attraction, to see in the future if something happrned.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    My first reaction would be to ensure it's not April 1st. Then I'd wonder why would she like someone like me and I'd stay speechless :/

Years
    I'd sure like to know what my crush was thinking when I told him that I liked him via a message typed on my phone ;-; He seemed somewhat confused because I know he probably doesn't know how to handle those types of situations, and I was too embarrassed to stick around to probe for a reaction XD

Back