• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If someone wanted to date you...

Years
    What are some boundaries you have when it comes to dating or friendships? What sort of person do you get along with most?

For me, you must be honest, please communicate with me and I will do the same. Also good hygiene.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Can you deal with a cold, apathetic person? Are you content with the fact that I rather spend my time in my universe of thought inside my head than talking? Are you maybe even capable of making me express my thought in talk? Then congratulations: we might actually get along quite well. :)

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
    that would require someone actually wanting to date me in the first place :rowlyikes:

Only requirements is that you are well aware who you're dealing with. If you can handle my banter, memes, addiction to card games and video games, witty crusades and what not, then we'd be a-ok.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    irl (and i guess kinda online to?), i feel like i flip back and forth between being very chatty and outgoing to feeling super indifferent and just curling up and ignoring everyone for a while. i Guess if someone was ok dealing with that but idk that anyone would be

Ys

Wandering Spirit
    Years
    • Age 31
    • They/Them
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    I ask for loyalty. Not saying I should be your only friend or that you are not allowed to disagree with me. But don't do shitty things like talking behind my back, or switching to a completely different group of friends without a word. I really like when people at least tell me why they are distancing themselves or whatever.

I also like people who are kind and nice. Who listen to me and accept me as I am, someone who will laugh with me and not at me, someone who will appreciate me as a person. And not just act kindly to me but to everyone around them.

I don't get along well with people who gang up on others to tease them or even to prove a point. (a discussion is OK when you're arguing the person's opinion but not when attacking them personally, and ganging up on someone is just cowardice). And I also dislike people who take me for granted. I'm not saying treat me like a princess, but don't ignore me or act like me being your friend is a given despite doing questionable things or ignoring me.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2021
    im literally perfect in every other way but u gotta deal with my depression

TheeWizard

Brad
    Years
    I mean, I feel like I can get along with most people, as long as we have something in common. I feel like I'm honest and open about everything, they don't necessarily have to be the same I respect that people like their privacy.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I'm the opposite of hotheaded so I generally would not do well with people who get angered a lot. I also expect people to be kind - I can't be around someone who puts down others deliberately, is condescending or arrogant to the point it reflects in how they treat others. Generally I probably won't do well with people who are too uptight and also people who are narrowminded.

I think I get along well with people who are laidback and friendly. I really like being able to feel comfortable with someone to the point that I can talk about any topic with them whether it's light or serious. I love people who laugh a lot as they seem nice and it makes me happy to see that they're enjoying themselves :D I appreciate people who are supportive as I try my best to be for others and it's great to have mutual support knowing that you're cheering each other on. Am very open to being friends with all types of people though.

Dating I have no clue, I don't really think about it much. Someone who likes hugs I guess?!? I'm the worst hugger on earth but I really do like them. And if they're down for cute dates. What sort of person they are I don't really know but I'll find out who I love when I meet them I guess. :')

Years
    Hmmm.

They'd have to be able to understand my deep love for anime and not be alarmed by my very large amount of plushies. I'm also kinda clingy and needy and am a very touchy kind of person. But I do have my moments where I can get super annoyed and absolutely do not want to be touched. I'm also a bit of a hot mess. Lol if someone can put up with all of that, hats off to them.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    irl (and i guess kinda online to?), i feel like i flip back and forth between being very chatty and outgoing to feeling super indifferent and just curling up and ignoring everyone for a while. i Guess if someone was ok dealing with that but idk that anyone would be
    i'm the same so we'd be a splendid couple

I require someone whom I can make laugh, and who makes me laugh. I require a nerd. I require someone who values intimacy, both physical and emotional, but also is perfectly fine with giving me (lots of) space every once in a while.

source: years of trial and error :why:

Years
    I've had so many toxic relationships/friendships it's so hard to count... The last girl I was in a relationship threatened constantly to kill me, gut me and put me on a meathook. So I'd say, someone who doesn't threaten that? Lmao.

Also, a big one is not cheating. So don't be crazy and don't cheat and we're solid. I have an extremely high tolerance for b u l l s h i t.

Years
    • Online now
    I can't really think of any rules. I wouldn't be friends with somebody who hurts a pet or animal.

It's honestly hard to say now that I'm thinking about it. @_@ I do like someone who is a bit nerdy like me and can make me laugh, but if the person is someone I still click with I'm sure I can look past not fitting into every criteria?? My bf fits everything I'd like perfectly and has other great qualities, so I got lucky there haha

One thing I'm big on though (and probably the one thing I'd not look past) is that they have to have a general interest in getting married at some point. I'm not interested in being bf/gf for our entire relationship and want to get engaged/married eventually. I'd want someone who can respect that decision and not give me any 'but marriage is pointless/unnecessary' talk at any point. It's something I desire and I would not be as happy with a partner who isn't on the same page.

Last edited:
    Years
    this is turning out to be a rly difficult question fbsksn. dating wise, im a naturally clingy/insecure/anxious person so i kind of require validation? at least until i feel like yeah, i *am* doing good and you prob do like me for my bs. communication, i have learned, is a huge thing i require. especially with myself in mind.

general criteria, umm fhdksk confident? makes me laugh? makes me feel comfortable? smart and a nerd? im just describing my bf now lmfao. i really have no idea :') i do kinda think similarly with janna i guess? while not exactly in that sense... at the very least someone that can still see where *we* are in the future. like are we both in the same page? idfk

as for friendships, just don't use me. or don't make it obvious you're using me. i can ignore most of your bullshit. also they have to know they signed up for memes on their messenger account 24/7

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    i will probably never like being touched in any way, but i understand the importance of such things, and sometimes i change my mind and will desire a little physicality for my own sake instead of my usual de-facto status of empathetically trying to sate your own needs
    however i will not tell you unless you read my four-stage encrypted signals and find a rosetta stone for my body language - it's not even intentionally confusing but it might be another decade before i figure out how to signal those rare desires properly lmao, so unfortunately you have to deal with my sugar and ice approach to such things until then

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years

I require someone whom I can make laugh, and who makes me laugh. I require a nerd. I require someone who values intimacy, both physical and emotional, but also is perfectly fine with giving me (lots of) space every once in a while
    I could add something but why bother

Wait yes: you should be able to handle me ranting about politics in the morning.

Bay

Years
    As a few others said here, communication and making sure we're on the same page. Especially important if we then decide to live together and such. I also would want someone who would be supportive over my hobbies, or at least fine with me having time to myself for that.

Years
    I believe communication is extremely important after it killed my last relationship, before my current one. I also believe it is important to have patience, alot of patience, and try not to let small things get to you, empathize as best as you can with them and realize that how they may be feeling currently is different from how you are.

The largest boundary for me comes with someone trying to control your life, my previous relationship was with a person who ultimately wanted complete and utter control over me, and in the end I could not take it anymore.

Years
    Not really a boundary as such, but acceptance is probably one of the most important things I look for. I try not to be too judgmental, and I like when others try to do the same.

Back