• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen If there's a Yellow/Crystal/Emerald of D/P...

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    If there's a Yellow/Crystal/Emerald of Diamond and Pearl, what features or changes would you want included?

Personally...

• More variety in wild Pokemon before the National Dex, even if the number needs to be bumped up to 200 or so (since they'd need to fondle with it anyways for a new legendary to fit in place of Dialga/Palkia).
    • Changes to Team Galactic and Gym Leaders to make them more difficult, have more Pokemon, and, once again, more variety in Pokemon.
    • Updated sounds for older Pokemon. Hearing an old Game Boy noise, then when the next Pokemon comes out you hear some fancy DS cry; it is just plain tacky.
    • Great Marsh updates. Get rid of common Pokemon that appear outside (Bibarel), and make other rarer Pokemon appear there more often.
    • Poketch/Pokedex feature to record how many and what types of a Pokemon you've seen in a certain area.
    • Poketch menu, rather than the single button cycle to get to your apps.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    I could see them killing 2 birds with one stone and taking an extra year... Making Johto accessible... it's Hinted at WAY too much in the game, I could see Jasime telling you she sees potential in you and gives you an invitation to go to johto after you beat the sinnoh E4...

Legacy

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    I've been thinking about this over the past few days or so. Here's some of my list:

- 250 Pokémon in the Sinnoh Dex. 150 is a ridiculously low number. You can only find one fire type Pokémon and two ice type Pokémon in the wild, that is pathetic. And the amount of variation in wild grass patches is awful.

I am so sick of seeing Ponyta, Geodude/Graveler, Bidoof/Bibarel and a couple more. I think most areas had four different Pokémon, and two or three of those Pokémon were also found in the previous area. It got dull.

Out of the 150 Pokémon in the Sinnoh Dex, 45 of them were obtained through methods that didn't involve searching through grass/caves/fishing or surfing. That leaves 110 Pokémon. Then you take away the evolutions of Pokémon that cannot be found in the wild and the version exclusives, you lose another 40 Pokémon, leaving us with 70.

70 Pokémon spread out over 30 routes works out to about 2 unique Pokémon per route, but that's before you count how many Pokémon can only be caught towards the very end of the Gym challenge and right before the Elite4.

So, yeah, very disappointed with the Pokémon.

Next on the list:

- More stylus control. Pokémon is a slow paced game, which is ideal for stylus based movement and control. I feel GameFreak stuffed us on this too.

I love the battle system, I love how everything is controlled with the stylus or the buttons, so you can pick and choose which is better for you. But, when you leave a battle, almost everything is button controlled.

Why, oh why, can I not access and control the menu with the stylus? Why do I have to press buttons and scroll through lists with the D-Pad when I should just be able to click them with my stylus?

Why can't I access the Pokémon select screen, switch my team order, check the summary or give items to my Pokémon using the stylus? Why can't I walk around using the stylus, similar to how Pokémon Ranger was. (Please note, I said 'similar')

Every single aspect of Pokémon D/P could be controlled by touch. And it annoys me that it isn't the case. I would find have found this game far more enjoyable if I didn't have to keep jumping to and from the stylus between battles.

And thirdly.

- The GTS. Should be a great feature. Looking for a Pokémon you haven't caught yet? Need to trade a Pokémon, let's say Barbroach? Barbroach isn't a particularly special or rare Pokémon, right? So it should be simple enough to get the trade, right? Wrong.

I am so sick of going into the GTS, looking for a Pokémon of no particular value or importance to complete the Sinnoh Dex only for almost everybody to be demanding ridiculous swaps, usually for legendaries.

I'll give an example for those who don't have WiFi or haven't used the GTS. I'm in the GTS now. I'm searching for a Budew, any level, any gender. Here are the five results I've just received:
    - Lv. 13 Budew (no item) for a Lv. 100 Pinsir
    - Lv. 9 Budew (no item) for a Lv. 9 and under Piplup
    - Lv. 6 Budew (no item) for a Dialga
    - Lv. 25 Budew (no item) for a Lv. 100 Shieldon
    - Lv. 4 Budew (no item) for an Aipom

None of those are fair trades. It's only a freaking Budew, damnit! The only one even remotely reasonable is the Aipom trade, but I wouldn't even do that. Aipom are a lot rarer to find than stinking Budew.

I think each Pokémon should have a trade value (1-100 for explanation's sake). And there should be something like four categories, split into intervals of 25. And the Pokémon divided into those groups according to their trade value. So, if you have a Pokémon with a value of 32, it'll go in the 26-50 category, and you're only able to trade it with another Pokémon in that same category, or lower.

So you're able to try to trade your Pokémon for one in a lower valued group, but not higher. Then you shouldn't be having to shift through so many unreasonable trades for relatively crummy Pokémon before you find (if you're lucky) a trade that you can actually do.

And that's really my thoughts on how -I- would improve on this game. And, yes, I have thought about it a lot and, no, I didn't realise this post was going to be so big when I started typing. And if you're still reading this post now, you should probably go and get some fresh air or something.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    - The GTS. Should be a great feature. Looking for a Pokémon you haven't caught yet? Need to trade a Pokémon, let's say Barbroach? Barbroach isn't a particularly special or rare Pokémon, right? So it should be simple enough to get the trade, right? Wrong.

I am so sick of going into the GTS, looking for a Pokémon of no particular value or importance to complete the Sinnoh Dex only for almost everybody to be demanding ridiculous swaps, usually for legendaries.

I'll give an example for those who don't have WiFi or haven't used the GTS. I'm in the GTS now. I'm searching for a Budew, any level, any gender. Here are the five results I've just received:
    - Lv. 13 Budew (no item) for a Lv. 100 Pinsir
    - Lv. 9 Budew (no item) for a Lv. 9 and under Piplup
    - Lv. 6 Budew (no item) for a Dialga
    - Lv. 25 Budew (no item) for a Lv. 100 Shieldon
    - Lv. 4 Budew (no item) for an Aipom

None of those are fair trades. It's only a freaking Budew, damnit! The only one even remotely reasonable is the Aipom trade, but I wouldn't even do that. Aipom are a lot rarer to find than stinking Budew.

I think each Pokémon should have a trade value (1-100 for explanation's sake). And there should be something like four categories, split into intervals of 25. And the Pokémon divided into those groups according to their trade value. So, if you have a Pokémon with a value of 32, it'll go in the 26-50 category, and you're only able to trade it with another Pokémon in that same category, or lower.

So you're able to try to trade your Pokémon for one in a lower valued group, but not higher. Then you shouldn't be having to shift through so many unreasonable trades for relatively crummy Pokémon before you find (if you're lucky) a trade that you can actually do.

And that's really my thoughts on how -I- would improve on this game. And, yes, I have thought about it a lot and, no, I didn't realise this post was going to be so big when I started typing. And if you're still reading this post now, you should probably go and get some fresh air or something.

...First off, a bigger Sinnoh Dex would also mean having to see more Pokemon before gettintg access to Pal Park. It isn't going to happen, and I doubt a lot of people would want that, either. Second...have you tried just listing your Pokemon? The trades you see are just the ones nobody has taken, for obvious reasons. Try just using the "Deposit Pokemon" selection...you'll get your Pokemon a LOT faster that way.

OH yeah, what I'd want. Umm...I guess Cyrus trying to wake up BOTH Palkia & Dialga, so we could get both in the game ALA Emerald. ...And probably a way to re-battle Gym Leaders. I dunno, didn't put much thought into it.

Nicku

//[N]ICKU::
    Years
    I haven't beat the game yet, so i can't say much about it.. But i'll try |3

I need more fire Pokemons! T_T;; I love fire Pokemons and two isn't enough! It is really sad...
    Change 'trade' Pokemons name! I trade a Chatot in-game and its names was Charap.. I don't like that name! T_T;; - And i can't wait for Route 222 for catch it! >_>;;
    A menu in the Poketch.. I get a little bored, when i clicking at the red botto in a billion years.. -___-
    More Pokemon in the Gyms.. Mostly of them is on three Pokemons.
    Sound updates for some of the old Pokemons.
    Edit: A better start-thing.. You know, when you turn the game on.. >_>;;
    Edit2: Better Honey Tree (I wait too long! >( )

I don't think i have more to say :3

- Nicku

Last edited:

Sassafras

Rick The Casbah!
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2007
    Access to Jhoto, in my opinion, is almost definatly going to happen. Along with all the hints at it in the game, in the coding, it is possible ot have a pokemon whos orignal location is "Jhoto3. Now why would they put that there?

Typhoon

PokeManiac
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2007
    I'd love to be able to go to the old regions, especially if the different generations of pokemon would be distributed accordingly over different regions.

Wouldn't it be cool if in your "group" (the group you can make in Jubilife), the information about released pokemon was shared amongst group members so that one day, you might run into (and catch) one of your friend's pokemon, and you'd see their name under OT. Well, I guess it's not that cool, but it's neato.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Access to Jhoto, in my opinion, is almost definatly going to happen. Along with all the hints at it in the game, in the coding, it is possible ot have a pokemon whos orignal location is "Jhoto3. Now why would they put that there?

Johto will most likely be it's own game. A whole region added is very doubtful in the third version of a generation.

Gold/Silver remakes akin to FireRed/LeafGreen is probable. Perhaps even an entirely brand new sequel that takes place in Johto, and possibly Kanto, or a new region, then back to Johto.

Oh, and I thought of a new good feature for the Poketch that should be added. Something that logs daily events you find. Then tells you which you have and haven't done that day. A calendar of sorts.

Senerio

Realist, not idealist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2008
    There will only be a Johto remake only if there is another Johto Pokemon manga.
    You are aware that the manga doesn't justify the presence of the Pokémon games? The games are made first. There doesn't have to be a new Pokémon Special series to justify it.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    The fact stands, people. The reason they made so many games in the past was o they were sure people would have access to every Pokemon. There are exclusives in every version. But in Diamond and Pearl, every Pokemon except for old starters and legendaries are catchable, so sadly, there isn't an actual need for a third game. I sympathize with you all though.

Back