• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

if they ever made a mega stone for dragonite...

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    This is a question that has been burning in everyone's minds since the day Mega Evolutions were revealed....

Maybe they'd call it Dragotite?

Years
  • Dragotite? Draconite? I'm still not a big fan of how they decided to name the Mega Stones, but they have taken liberties with a few of them to make them sound better (Abomasite vs. Abomasnowite, Manectite vs. Manectricite, etc.), so I would hope they'd come up with something nicer than Dragonitite. Though, I guess a simply pronounciation change (drag-on-i-tite instead of drag-on-ite-ite) would be okay, too.

Years
  • Oh, Draconite would sound cool like Brendino mentioned, but I think they would do Dragonitite... which would be really redundant but yeaaah... XD

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've always wanted to see them introduce a mega-evolution for Dragonite, so would love it if they finally did. n_n I could imagine to have more of a scary and serious-looking facial expression, as opposed to its happy-go-lucky kind. Would be pretty great if its body and wings were larger, which would allow it to strike harder hits and withstand more attacks. It might wind up toning down its speed, but oh well; you gain some and you lose some. As for its mega-stone, I think it'd go something along the lines of "Dragosite" or, as Brendino mentioned, "Dragotite."

Yumetaro

MAI RIBBONS
    Years
  • Probably would. Same reason why they would call a Mega evolution of Yanmega, Mega Yanmega.

It's even more funny when its Japanese name is Megayanma. Mega Megayanma. That's twice the Mega!

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Yeah, it seems that they'll have a hard time naming them all. Maybe they'll add a completely different suffix, rather than -ite or -nite? Who knows...

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • They probably won't make a Mega for Dragonite only because of this reason. xD Maybe, I dunno.

Ya'll forget about Yanmega. Mega Yanmega. xD Please Game Freak!

Years
  • Dragotite? Draconite? I'm still not a big fan of how they decided to name the Mega Stones, but they have taken liberties with a few of them to make them sound better (Abomasite vs. Abomasnowite, Manectite vs. Manectricite, etc.), so I would hope they'd come up with something nicer than Dragonitite. Though, I guess a simply pronounciation change (drag-on-i-tite instead of drag-on-ite-ite) would be okay, too.
    these all are good alternatives lol good thinking

I've always wanted to see them introduce a mega-evolution for Dragonite, so would love it if they finally did. n_n I could imagine to have more of a scary and serious-looking facial expression, as opposed to its happy-go-lucky kind. Would be pretty great if its body and wings were larger, which would allow it to strike harder hits and withstand more attacks. It might wind up toning down its speed, but oh well; you gain some and you lose some. As for its mega-stone, I think it'd go something along the lines of "Dragosite" or, as Brendino mentioned, "Dragotite."
    I think bigger wings would definitely be a thing on mega dragonite, that sounds cool.

Yeah, it seems that they'll have a hard time naming them all. Maybe they'll add a completely different suffix, rather than -ite or -nite? Who knows...
    A different suffix would help but idk it would kinda break the consistency imo :p

They probably won't make a Mega for Dragonite only because of this reason. xD Maybe, I dunno.

Ya'll forget about Yanmega. Mega Yanmega. xD Please Game Freak!
    nuuuuu. I want a mega dragonite :p I want a mega of all the pseudos :3

mega yanmega. o man. that's hilarious XD

Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I think Dragotite sounds alright, they have made small changes to some of the mega stones' names to make them sound better, as others have pointed out before.

But what I really wanted to say was this: Mega Meganium.

LavenderTownGhost

Returning to Hoenn
    Years
  • Maybe that's why they haven't made it. xD

Dragonite is already juiced up enough so he doesn't really need it. Although taking into consideration how popular he is, I'm kind of surprised at the same time that he didn't get one.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I'm sure they'll find a way around it... I just don't think they were planning right when they decided to suffix them with -ite. A little more consistent naming system would have been sufficient. Don't know what alternative could have been used, though.

Years
  • I think the next gen (or AS OR) will have different suffixes to show they are new. I think it will be -ium so it would be draganium or dragoniteium

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    They'd probably call it nothing. Because Dragonite doesn't need a mega. Its powerful enough on its own.

/thread

Back