• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If u could go back into the past, would u

Would u go into the past

• yes

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • no

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • maybe

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

Kim

Years
    Akinari said:
    Hey, hey, keep it positive there! >>

Oh, I would've told in my earlier post if you could've clearly stated earlier. But anyways, I would go to correct a couple or so mistakes... Then I'd be happy with my life. XD

In theory, if you altered anything significant in the past, then you would not be as you are today, so I'd think twice on that.

I would not go back. There is absolutely no reason to.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2012
    I would go back to see all the dinos and stuff.
    Mainly for history, and maybe to see my family when I was a little kid.

Dogboy2709

Banned
    Years
    I would go back, to fix a lot of things that go tme into trouble
    here are just a few
    1. forget to take my 8th grade reading test home to get signed...
    which lead to:
    2. getting a detention...
    which led to:
    3. Making a fake note...
    which led to:
    4. mom seeing it...
    which lead to:
    5. losing computer privllagers

there are also a whole lot of times
    i would go back in time to. to find some things i lost in my childhood.

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
    If I could, then sure~ but not to change anything or whatnot. Like teh Lileh~sama I'd probably just relive my memories. It would be really fun, actually. I can watch myself do a lot of, uh, not-so-smart stuff. Ooh, and if I did go back in time, I could be smarter than my sister for once! <3 She'll be struggling with her abc's while I've memorized them all. Ha! >3

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
    I thought that I had replied to this thread. But I haven't. o_o;

Anyway, No I wouldn't, even if I could change things, at the moment, I just wouldn't want to maybe when I'm older I may change my mind though.

Naminé

ナミネ..
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    If I went into the past, I might have kicked a small stone off the cliff, which turns out to hit a man in the head and killed him, who may just be my grandfather, and since my grandfather has "died" unexpectedly early, he may never meet my grandmother, who won't give birth to my parent, who won't have me.

No, I don't like to kill myself.

Another way to look at it is: Whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger. Things happen this way for the best already. Learn from mistakes, and don't bother thinking about the coward's way out by undoing the mistake everytime you make another one.

Years
    Kim said:
    In theory, if you altered anything significant in the past, then you would not be as you are today, so I'd think twice on that.

I would not go back. There is absolutely no reason to.
    But altering something that happened recently doesn't count as making myself non-existing, no? D: (unless I push myself in front of a car or something)

Kim

Years
    Akinari said:
    But altering something that happened recently doesn't count as making myself non-existing, no? D: (unless I push myself in front of a car or something)

Altering ANYTHING can change who you are, and how you live. To wipe yourself out completely, you could, say, kill your parents or grandparents, or yourself, there. Then you'd just be (theoretically) non-existant in today's present time, and future time, of course.

Theoretically, it'd be safe to alter SOME things, but not a lot. everything is a chain of events...altering one little thing alters the entire change. Somethings in the chain would be tiny and probably not noticeable, but some things can alter the course of existance.

Years
    Kim said:
    Altering ANYTHING can change who you are, and how you live. To wipe yourself out completely, you could, say, kill your parents or grandparents, or yourself, there. Then you'd just be (theoretically) non-existant in today's present time, and future time, of course.

Theoretically, it'd be safe to alter SOME things, but not a lot. everything is a chain of events...altering one little thing alters the entire change. Somethings in the chain would be tiny and probably not noticeable, but some things can alter the course of existance.
    Of course, that's why I said that I want to go back in the first place. To drastically change my present. Why would I not be aware of that? >>

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    I'd go back to 10 minutes ago, before I tried to "help myself" to some extra cornbread and got my toe smashed by a falling plate. >.<
    I might also go back to medieval times to prove that dragons really existed.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2007
    If you changed the past, you could wipe yourself out, but if you didn't, your memory would instantly change, so technically, you wouldn't have changed anything.

Kim

Years
    Akinari said:
    Of course, that's why I said that I want to go back in the first place. To drastically change my present. Why would I not be aware of that? >>

Drastically changing your past can change others pasts, as well, which you have no right to do.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    If Akinari changed our pasts, we wouldn't be aware of it + and it wouldn't matter, because the knowledge of our former pasts would not exist in the first place.

Either way, Niko, I forbid you to go meddling with time. >O

Naminé

ナミネ..
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    If Akinari really changed his past, he can't remember that he changed his past for the better either. What he imagine to be the best thing to do for that moment may turn out to have a drastically terrible result after that one glorious moment. In the end, meddling with time is only a gamble that may either change for the better, or change for the worse, and the outcome is beyond our control.

We change one thing that we've done in the past, yet we cannot manipulate what others will do as a reaction to the changed past. Therefore, the world remains cruel and heartless, and there's bound to be people who are nothing but a nobody out there.

(Oh wow, how many Kingdom Hearts puns did I pull off in that last line? I love my useless talents.)

Back