• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen If we were able to play GB games on the DS do you think...

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    No, I don't think the IV (pokemon stats) system is the same way... And I think the way the games communicate during trading was changed as well. Besides, Nintendo likes money so they make you buy the gamecube and colosseum to get johto pokemon instead of swiping them from you Silver. :P

Kayke™

Banned
    Years
    It took a lot to get me motivated enough to fill my Pokedex in Sapphire...

...doing it all over again seems nearly impossible. This may be a stretch, but Nintendo really should make a Pokemon game that encompasses every major Pokemon continent. Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh...all in one package. It'll probably never happen, but it would sure as hell make it easier to catch all the Pokemon, particularly from Gold/Silver. A bit off topic, I appoligize, but just a thought.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    I played RBYGSC in ROM form, so it wasn't too much of a blow to me for the 1st/2nd and 3rd generations to be incompatible.

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
    I don't think so, since, like TwilightBlade said, it was different. For instance, Pokemon didn't have Special Attack or Defence, it was "Special."

Though, it would be freaking cool. XD

anemos

Insomniac
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    no, that was changed in gold and silver, aloing with the inclusion of steel and dark types, and the first worthwhile ghost and bug attacks (shadow ball and megahorn), all to balence out the proken psycic type. they were determined to ...i dunno, create a less sucky bug type?

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    They had to do enough changes only from 3rd to 4th gen (like having to delete HMs). 3rd gen had most major changes, apart from establishing a new era where you had to catch 'em all again, and if they couldn't, why would it work with the DS?

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    Its impossible because in r/s/e they changed the 'special' iv to 'special atk' and 'special def' which pretty much makes them non-compatible...

Cerozero

Insomniac
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jul 6, 2007
    Its impossible because in r/s/e they changed the 'special' iv to 'special atk' and 'special def' which pretty much makes them non-compatible...

Aside from that like someone else said the IVs then called DVs (short for diversification values) ranged from 1-15. It might be possible to convert them somehow, but it would cause a lot a of headaches and end up not being worth it, or most likely it is as most of the people who know what they are talking about say impossible.

Back