• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you are an AWESOMENESS lover like me...click here!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 18, 2011
    Hello fellow Pokemon fans,

In all my online affairs I go by the user name Bokusachi. I am a fan of all the awesomeness that comes from Japan (may their recovery be quick and awesome like everything they do), from the card games and video games, to the Mangas and Animes. I joined this forum for one reason and one reason only, to mingle and receive the help of my fellow Pokemon lovers. ^_^

I've been playing Pokemon since it first came to America, I was around 5 years old at the time and Pokemon Red Version was the first video game I ever played (it took me over an hour to figure out that I had to pass through the rug to leave the house). Over the years, like many of the other things I liked as a kid, Pokemon stuck with me, and now with all the new online features of Black and White I'm thinking of joining the competitive field. Even though I've been playing since the beginning I am by no means an expert, up until now all I've really done with the Pokemon games is play through the main story, and occasionally trade with friends when needed. In all the 5 generations of Pokemon, I have probably less than 10 battles against real people under my belt (all friendly fights with friends), so yes, I'm a noob when it comes to the real tactical stuff. Like Pokemon, I am also a fan of the Yu-Gi-Oh Trading Card Game (I hope I'm allowed to mention a non-Pokemon thing like this), and also like Pokemon I was with it from the very beginning and when it came time for me to spread my wings and become a little more competitive, I joined a forum and received lots of help, and I hope to get the same results here.

Most people who stick to their childish roots and live their lives forever loving the things they played as a kid and watching cartoons tend to be some of the nicest people ever, I should know, I've been dating one for the last 2 years and we've gone without one single real fight...our latest minor argument however was of course who would get Black and who would get White. My point is, I can tell that I'm going to meet a lot of nice people here and I look forward to meeting some of you and receiving your help. ^_^

Last edited:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I've been playing Pokemon since it first came to America, I was around 5 years old at the time and Pokemon Red Version was the first video game I ever played (it took me over an hour to figure out that I had to pass through the rug to leave the house). Over the years, like many of the other things I liked as a kid, Pokemon stuck with me, and now with all the new online features of Black and White I'm thinking of joining the competitive field. Even though I've been playing since the beginning I am by no means an expert, up until now all I've really done with the Pokemon games is play through the main story, and occasionally trade with friends when needed. In all the 5 generations of Pokemon, I have probably less than 10 battles against real people under my belt (all friendly fights with friends), so yes, I'm a noob when it comes to the real tactical stuff. Like Pokemon, I am also a fan of the Yu-Gi-Oh Trading Card Game (I hope I'm allowed to mention a non-Pokemon thing like this), and also like Pokemon I was with it from the very beginning and when it came time for me to spread my wings and become a little more competitive, I joined a forum and received lots of help, and I hope to get the same results here.

You mentioned the unmentionable, now the mods are gonna get you. D:

Just kidding, of course. We're so accepting of other entertainment media that we've got a whole section for other TCGs such as YGO and MTG. XD

We're kinda similar in a way...we're both longtime Pokemon veterans, but neither of us has played our hands at real competitive play. Well, I dabbled in it during R/S, but I think my record was 1-13 or so XD. But I've been studying the battle mechanics of B/W very extensively lately and am feeling confident about making some competitive build teams again. :D

A good place to find pokemon sprites to put in your sig would have to be Bulbapedia.

Anyways, welcome to our own little community. Remember to have fun and ask anyone with a shiny colorful username if you need help navigating or finding something.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 18, 2011
    A good place to find pokemon sprites to put in your sig would have to be Bulbapedia.

Anyways, welcome to our own little community. Remember to have fun and ask anyone with a shiny colorful username if you need help navigating or finding something.

That was fast, I wasn't expecting a reply that quickly...nor for someone to read my rather lengthy post. XD
    But thank you, I'll check out the site now. ^_^

Back