• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could change the megas

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Just a thought I had and wanted to see what people would come up with

If you could make changes to the abilities, stat boosts, and typing of all the currently existing mega evolutions in order to try and make the list of megas more balanced (ie make the OP ones not OP, and the shittier ones not shitty), what would you do? Which megas would you even straight up eliminate (don't be no fun and say "all of them")?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I'd have Mega Audino keep Regenerator from its regular form or have the ability changed to Natural Cure as an alternate way of getting rid of bad things upon leaving battle.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Steel/Dragon Mega Aggron would be so hot. Move some of that Def to SDef too.

Years
    Gardevoir mega with an ability making it immune to steels:p

Seriously though, I wont fret if mega gengar too gets levitate.Aleast it will have easy time switching in to ground types if the situation demands. Also for me mega sharpedo needs a revmp.Possibly different typing &/or ability

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'd probably get rid of Mega Gengar and both mega Mewtwos. Give Mega Kangaskhan a different ability since Parental Bond is ridiculous. Maybe take some or all of the boosts Mega Abomasnow gets to Def/Sp.Def and place it in Speed. Ice/Grass is such an ass defensive typing so boosts to bulk don't mean much.

Years
    Give Mega-Absol an ability that makes sense for an offensive pokemon and re-invest its stupid Sp. Atk boost elsewhere.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Give Mega Houndoom a better ability and more speed, replace Mega Gengar and Mega Blaziken's abilities with another ability that would make them less broken, and nerf Parental Bond for Mega Kangaskhan.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Give Mega-Absol an ability that makes sense for an offensive pokemon and re-invest its stupid Sp. Atk boost elsewhere.

I think the Special Attack boost is reasonable. Mega Absol has a decent special move pool as well and it can effectively go mixed.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2016
    Mega Absol should be Dark/Fairy. Everything else could remain the same, though I wouldnt be against losing 15 SpA and putting it in Speed or Attack. I also wouldnt mind if it got pixelate, but it doesnt really make sense for Absol and Magic bounce is useful at times.

Mega Houndoom should have been houndoom's evolution, and then that mon gets a mega. Game freak really dropped the ball on this one. But in terms of what it is now, I think it should've gotten Defiant, Moxie, or Adaptability as its ability, as solar power sucks no matter in the sun or not. A pokemon as frail as houndoom shouldnt be losing HP every turn.

Mega Garchomp should have had 10 BP less in SpA and kept his speed at 102. This I think is the main reason why it's not used ever: its too slow to warrant a Mega Slot and its defenses, while great, dont justify it being slower than most of the unboosted metagame

Mega Abomasnow sucks. But I have no idea how to fix it. Since gen 4, abomasnow was a flawed pokemon to begin with and the mega didnt really fix the problem. It can do well against un prepared teams, but how many games are you going to play in a row that don't have a talonflame? Even if they dont, i guarantee theres at least one fighting, steel, or poison type move that will render abomasnow useless

Mega Audino should have kept regenerator, that's the only thing I'd change. But even without it, Normal/Fairy is great. it's an amazing cleric. The only reason imo that people dont use it more often is that there are better fairies that fulfill the same role. In league play, its not a bad draft pick if your first mega choice was taken.

Not really trying to go through all the megas, but that's a good start lol

pleryt17

dankness incarnate
    Years
    For me, I would definitely have to change Mega Medicham. It's my favorite mega in the game, but it's a little too slow, and mixed with it's low defenses, it can be revenge killed quite easily. Instead of boosting its Special Attack by 20, I would have given an extra 5 to Attack and 15 to Speed, making Mega Medicham speed tie with pokemon like Raikou and Starmie.

Back