• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen If you could choose.....

Mr. Poke

The Pokemon Trader
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    i would definetly pick archen totally boss in this game.

Nameless.

None! I'm perfectly pleased with the starters as they are. :D
    Just can't replace a smug grass snake, a flaming pig, and an otter with a shell that can double as a shield and a blade.

However, if we could make this a Pokemon Yellow type thing where the starters were Pikachu and Eevee, I would make the starters Sewaddle and Venipede. :3
    They are about even stat wise and are both pretty nice.

I know they aren't exactly rare, but I'm having troubles here. ;o;

ConnoRAWR

Twitter Username; ConnoRAWR :D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2014
    Gothita. From the minute I saw Gothielle, I knew I wanted that Pokemon. It's just so... gah.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Axew is a great choice for a starter Pokemon. I'm patient enough to train it to level 48. Obtaining Haxorus will be a pain in the ass, but it's worth it. Just imagine how much destruction I'll have with one of the strongest Generation V Pokemons in my party midway through the game.

However, there are other choices to choose from, like Deino and Golett. I'm not really a fan of Hydreigon's sprite, so that's why I prefer Axew's evolution line over Deino's. I don't know why I like Golett so much, but I do. Golett's evolution, Golurk, reminds me of a megazoid. Maybe this is why I want it so much...

Rufflet is adorable and its evolution is amazing. I'd never be seen battling with its female counterpart, however.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I think Solosis would be a good choice. Three-stage line, can learn a lot of moves via TM and such, and it's just so adorable. Reuniclus is awesome but sadly I'm probably not going to be able to use one...

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    Litwick, Drilbur, Sandile, Axew, Deion, and Axew would all be good choices.

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    Mienfoo; it really pays off when it evolves at level 50, or Larvesta; big reward when it evolves at lvl 59.
    SECOND!! =] I absolutely adore Mienfoo and Larvesta! But out of the two I'd pick Mienfoo.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I ditched my starter in White and started out with Litwick, Vanillite, and Joltik (...and Cherubi). So given the choice, I'd take any one of those over the starters in BW. If I had to pick just one, I guess I'd go with Litwick since it's a bit more useful early on than the other two. Vanillite's my fave though. :D

Back