• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If You Could Create a Type?

Drimza

Open up your senses.
Years
  • I looked around and havn't seen and thread like this, so if there already is one, sorry to the person who made it. Ok so just like the title says, if you could create a pokemon type what would it be? What would it be weak to? What would it be strong against? What kinda pokemon would have it? Or would you not like any type to be added at all?

Personally, I would like to see a Light type. It would be weak against Dark but also strong against it. Same with Ghost. The kinda Pokemon that would have the Light type would be Pokemon with the Fairy Egg Group or a angel based Pokemon. I also keep imagining Arceus with it O.o

Give us your opinions! ;)

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • A lot of people want a Light type but there is enough types as there is and I really dont want another one. Besides some people will think of the Light type as an "Electric" type Pokemon so the Pokemon company won't do that.

:t354:TG

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • The obsession with the Light-type is pretty much because we have the Dark-type. When I was younger, it upset me that Espeon wasn't a Light-type and that the Light-type didn't actually exist, but now, you kinda figure that Fighting-type (Which is Hero in Japan IIRC) fills that role. Not to mention, Pokemon kinda stays away from serious religion outside of traditional greco-mythology so if you expected "holy" Pokemon, you probably will be disappointed since I don't think GF wants to mess with angels and demons and other Christian themes.

On the actual topic, I've heard things like Wood-type, Gas-type, Wind-type, Cosmic-type, etc.

Personally, I think Cosmic and Wind would work for Pokemon like Clefairy and Castform respectively. But other things kinda fall into already existing types (Wood = Grass/ Gas = Poison/Water/Fire)

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen yesterday
    When I was younger I thought always of a speed type pokemon but that will be stupid.
    Pokemon that will have it will be really fast and little.
    A pokemon that exist that can have that is jolteon.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Bird type! YEAH! /beta Flying type ftw

Personally, I'd like to see a Wood type. And while "wood" attacks fall under the Grass type, the Grass type hardly has any moves that relate to grass in the first place. If anything, more of those attacks relate to nature as a whole. Wood as a type would have resistance to Water, Electric, Rock, Ground, and Poison (for a change), but would still be weak against Fire, Flying, and Bug. I'd say Ice, but some trees are very resilient in winter, and so Ice would do regular damage.

Also, Wood is one of the five Chinese elements. And as a result I'd also like to see "Steel" change to "Metal" (also a Chinese element), since half the moves aren't even Steel-related (Iron Tail, Metal Claw, etc.).

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years

• And as a result I'd also like to see "Steel" change to "Metal" (also a Chinese element), since half the moves aren't even Steel-related (Iron Tail, Metal Claw, etc.).
    Well, those moves are related to Steel, after all.

And I agree with 2Cool4Mewtwo; I don't think new types could be created because the types cover all the aspects of nature.

Years
  • And as a result I'd also like to see "Steel" change to "Metal" (also a Chinese element), since half the moves aren't even Steel-related (Iron Tail, Metal Claw, etc.).

Using this logic, Lava Plume shouldn't be considered a fire type move since it doesn't have the word "fire" in the name. Just because the word "steel" doesn't come up in the name, it doesn't mean they're not related. Iron is a component of steel, and metal is the category that steel falls under, so they are related.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    The types are fine the way they are. No additions or changes are needed tbqh.

Years
  • you kinda figure that Fighting-type (Which is Hero in Japan IIRC) fills that role.

Actually not true. Kakutou means, and I copy-paste from jisho.org:
    格闘 かくとう hand-to-hand fighting; grappling; scuffling
    Anyway, threads like this pop up every year or so. I am just going to paste what I wrote in my showcase thread.

-----====Θ New Types Θ====-----

Light Type - せいタイプ
    Spoiler:

Glass Type - ガラスタイプ
    Spoiler:

========= Glass-type Pokemon: =========
    Spoiler:

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I always thought Reshiram was Light type, and Zekrom was Shadow type. Those would actually be cool types (I dunno how Shadow would have to do with Pokemon XD or whatever).

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • After reading what Bleu posted, I have to say, seeing a Light-type and even Crystal(Glass seems too...plain for a type name)-type would be pretty cool.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Bird type! YEAH! /beta Flying type ftw
    Please make this happen Game Freak enough with the Flying/Normal! I think we have enough Bird Species by now to make this work.

I always thought Reshiram was Light type, and Zekrom was Shadow type. Those would actually be cool types (I dunno how Shadow would have to do with Pokemon XD or whatever).
    As did many of the people who were speculating Reshiram and Zekrom Typing. Many people thought it was going to be Reshiram Light/Dragon & Zekrom Dark/Dragon which those two are part of the Yin and Yang Trio so one would represent light and the other shadow. So if they were going to do Light I think they would have went for it this generation if any. I think the concept of Dark in pokemon is more of Underhanded, Bad Guy, Evildoer then Shade, Shadow Darkness.

As for what I would like to see is a Noise Type. We already have these Noise based moves. Hypervoice, Sing, Super Sonic, Perish Song, Echoed Voice, Round, Relic Song, GrassWhistle. I am sure there are others as well. Then there are already existing pokemon like the Whismur family that would be the ideal candidates for a Noise type. I doubt this will ever happen though.

And Crystal type would be nice to see. Oh no it's too closely related to Rock. And Ice isn't closely related to Water... We have also seen a Crystal pokemon in the Anime in Crystal Onix so this isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • After having played to the hacked game Pokemon Snakewood, I would appreciate a Zombie type :P
    The dead Pokemon wich doesn't become a ghost type would become a Zombie Type. It's crazy I know, but why not?
    They would be stronger than about the majority of other types, and weak against the Dark, Psy and Ghost types.

Back