• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could create your own Pokémon type, what would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
Years
  • I wouldn't make a new type, but if I had to, I would do this:

Void-type Pokemon that use the powers of gravity and emptiness to decimate foes. This would call for the switching of certain moves like Gravity, Trick Room, and Vacuum Wave to Void-type. Void-type attacks would usually inflict damage indirectly or based on a percentage of the enemy's health (like Super Fang or Nightmare). There would also be attacks that nullify status-changes (like Growl, Swords Dance, etc.) and field changes (like Sunny Day, Stealth Rock, Mist, Tailwind, etc.; except Void-type moves) and inflict increased damage if any of the mentioned effects are in play. Support moves would be mainly defensive, such as changing physics around the user in order to slow down projectiles or to bend beam-like attacks away from the user. Moreover, Void attacks would be neither super effective nor weak against any other type; no moves are super effective or resisted by carrying a Void-type characteristic.

I've thought of a similar notion, I called it Rift-Type. It is similar to cosmic in being mainly support moves. But the whole thing as a whole seems a bit overly complicated, and a little too specialized.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • The first things that come to my mind are

Radiant: This is pretty much light and it's rather unoriginal so no.

Berserk: Just high attack melee pokemon but then fighting kinda covers that already.

Mercury: The element not the planet, this would be one funny one all the mercury pokemon would be like a metal muk.

Non-elemental: Kinda like normal only no fighting weakness and can damage ghost types(vice versa) so it's like neutral damage all the way.

Paper: Something that's made of paper, it'll be good for paper cutting pokemon.

Serpent: There's dragon so why not serpent and it could be like the opposite of dragon giving them a super effective damage to something non-dragon.

That's all my lame ideas

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • I've thought of a similar notion, I called it Rift-Type. It is similar to cosmic in being mainly support moves. But the whole thing as a whole seems a bit overly complicated, and a little too specialized.

I tried to make it as un-specialized as possible, but still unique (as a support type). Its main focuses are
    -- to nullify status changes.
    -- to use the enemy's status changes against them.
    -- to nullify field changes; to impose field support.
    -- to inflict damage regardless of type-affiliation.
    -- to prevent attacks or to lessen their impact; to decrease the efficiency of moves.

These roles fit a variety of uses and are attractive for a number of situations. While not particularly offensive, these roles still serve to have some offensive possibilities. For example:

-- A move like Punishment that does damage based on the amount of power-ups the foe has.
    -- A move that gains priority if your foe has stat-ups.
    -- A move that switches stat ups and stat gains (probably a field move).
    -- A move that does more damage when there are field effects up; clears field effects after.
    -- A move that halves the foe's health.
    -- A move that slows all Pokemon in play (but not those switched in later).
    -- A move that does damage and prevents the user from being hit by Physical attacks that turn (low PP and low power for balance).

Attack names could be named "Momentum," "Inertia," etc.

The strategy would be to weaken the opponent so they are encouraged to set up on you, at which point your attacks also become more powerful.

Alec_

Years
  • As what did my mind tell me. I would choose Solar Type. Its effective to Dark Types/Psychic Types and Ghost Types. Grass Types. Why? It's because it's the combination of the Light Type and also the Fire Type. And it's a great one because of it's combination. And it could beat 4 Types.

~Fairytales.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    As what did my mind tell me. I would choose Solar Type. Its effective to Dark Types/Psychic Types and Ghost Types. Grass Types. Why? It's because it's the combination of the Light Type and also the Fire Type. And it's a great one because of it's combination. And it could beat 4 Types.

~Fairytales.

Wouldn't solar type be weak against grass, since plants use light to make food?

Anyway, I don't like the idea of a solar/light type, as said before.

Snerd

Super Nerd
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 14, 2011
    These are all pretty good ideas. Hopefully they will bring some new types in at some point. Anyway, I liked the ideas of the Light and Unknown type, so here are some fact files I came up with.

Light Type

Super Effective Against...

Dark (light always prevails).
    Ghost (as people have said, light 'purifies').
    Ice (well sources of light also provide heat, therefore ice should melt before it?)

Not Very Effective Against...

Grass (chlorophyll on plants absorbs light).
    Fire (fire is also a source of light so it's they don't effect each other much).
    Electric (like fire, electricity is a source of light too).
    Ground (the only thing light can do to ground is heat it a little).

No Effect Against...

Steel (steel represents metal, sort of, and metals sometimes reflect light?).
    Rock (light can't travel through rock).
    Water (light travels straight through it).

More Effected By...

Grass (as I said before, chlorophyll absorbs light). ***
    Steel (steel reflects it, which I guess makes it dominant).

Less Effected By...

Fire (read the not very effective section).
    Electricity (").

Immune Against...

Dark (read the super effective section).
    Ghost (").

Type Effects

Blindness - Causes bad accuracy. (intense light can cause blindness?)

Pokémon Examples

Chinchou
    Lanturn
    Celebi
    Jirachi
    Shinx
    Luxio
    Luxray
    Rotom

***: If a light move is directed at a grass type then it should gain HP due to the fact that light is absorbed by chlorohyll. Cool idea, no?

Anyway, I think this type would work. They've got dark and normal haven't they? Light surely deserves a place. And I think the effect of blindness would be a good addition. With any other type it wouldn't work though (but I guess there are a few moves like flash).

Unknown Type

It's basically just a nothing type. It's got no strengths, weaknesses or immunities. It's just there. Any Pokémon with this type will have high stats however.

This would be a good idea for the next generation. Then in the next generation after that it could be like...discovered or something. To be something else. But then that would make it awkward if the next generation became compatible with the one after.

I don't know. I like the idea of it but I couldn't think of any special things about it. The only example I can think of is Unown.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Um, replace Flying-type with Wind-type.

hanhyejinaddikt

A Trainer to Remember
    Years
  • or or or ummmmmm a...... I got it a wood type .....nah or a plastic type...horrible idea no......space type maybe or a ninja type .......... that would be cool how about this plasma and cyber type or sound type or fusion thats all my ideas
    wood
    plastic
    space
    ninja
    plasma
    cyber
    fusion

I would like to see a wood type pokemon, there's grass type, ya know!

Plastic? God, that'll bring Global Warming on Pokemon World

Space? What's the point? I mean what kind of pokemon is that? Aliens?

Ninja? lol Are you Japanese?

Plasma? Uhmmm... sounds cool but seemed pointless.

Fusion would be great! That's the best thing you'd suggested!

Suro

Pokemon Hall of Fame spriter
    Years
  • The Only types that seem realistic are light, Mystic, undead or virtual:

Light: even though steel kinda covers it, It could be the ying yang of dark with pokemon such as:
    Arceus (no plate)
    maybe some 5th Gen Pokemon

Mystic: already explain in other posts includes pokemon such as:
    cleffa & evos
    Togepi & evos
    Jigglypuff & evos etc

Undead/zombie: Well they could be covered by a ghost/ground type but includes pokemon such as:
    Cubone & evos etc

Vitual: any artificial or non-natural pokemon such as:
    Deoxys
    Porygon & evos
    Ditto (?)

NoMasterBallsNeeded4Legends

★soɹɹʎ` ıɯ ndsıpǝ poʍu :)★
    Years
  • i say shadow:
    they should also bring back the shadow pokemon, and make some new ones
    for ex. a virus is speading through the wilderness, (like pokerus) and corrupting pokemon with the shadow disease.

p.s. as the person behind the mystic idea, i'd like to say thnxs for all the positive feedback ^_^

Years
  • Similar themed ideas have already been raised, but how about a Mutant, Spirit, or Alien type?

Somebody mentioned Steam as an idea - which isn't as crazy as it sounds since there is already an Ice type and ice is just frozen water. Steam is hot water. It could have steam-powered pokemon, the already mentioned cloud pokemon, fog, balloon or geyser pokemon.

On a similar note, a Weather (or Storm?) or Gas type might have more potential.

And it's silly, but I'd like a Food type:
    "A wild Casserobe appeared."
    "Go, Muffink!"

Eos Aduro

Years
  • I've already explained why steam doesnt work and ice does. Most Pokemon are based off of animals, and the arctic regions have enough biodiversity to base enough Pokemon off of it to make a large enough area of Pokemon, but you cant base enough off of steam.

Also, people suggestions typing like Shadow, Undead, Skull, ALL of these are a mixture of dark and ghost.

Virtual isnt TOO bad, but at this stage in the game, addind new types to pre-existant Pokemon would sort of undermine the whole thing, they've only done it once with Magnemite. They could make it, but I dont think it would work.

And the Void typing mentioned is definitely the best one here, as it has some reference to the game, and it could fit into a plotline, like in a new region a void opened up and out came the new Pokes. I guess virtual it could be like a bunch of new Pokes got made, but I think Game Freak is going to try to keep out of the whole genetic modification game, although Mewtwo and Porygon were genetically created, so maybe Im wrong.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Virtual and Light types are probably the obvious choice and they've been mentioned plenty of times in this thread so there's nothing I can add that hasn't already been said.

Wood, Plastic etc are types I really couldn't see working. Something like Gas/Shadow/Smoke or something along those lines would be a more practical option but are probably a bit too similar to Ghost/Dark types.

I'd like to see them actually make Legendary into an official type.

Eos Aduro

Years
  • Legendary being a type would SUCK. All the legends who are crruently two types would have to be one, the legendary birds would have to be Fire-Legendary, not flying. Which could have benefits, but they would have lost a typing from the beginning, which is their defining characteristic.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2009
    no... not at all

an exoskeleton type would include pokemon such as arthropods, crustaceans, arachnids and other pokemon with EXOSKELETONS

and all of these pokemon would technically be INVERTEBRATE

as you can see, i included cubone, marowak, houndour, and houndoom as possible candidates, because they have bones OUTSIDE their bodies (outer skeletons)

... just wanted to clear up the misunderstanding as an exoskeleton type is FAR from what i intended to propose

although i guess my skull type would be better off as a secondary type (like flying) than a solo type (unless you want zombie pokeymans)

Oh my mistake, I interpreted the post wrong.

WobbuffetPokemon

Call me Wobbuffet!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2009
    If I create my own Pokemon I would pick all the type!

Here is the Pokedex data (sorry but I disn't make a picture):

WOBBUGAIN
    All type Pokemon
    #??????????????

WOBBUGAIN is the strongest Pokemon
    in the world. It hd 9 tails which can
    make WOBBUGAIN fly up in the sky.
    WOBBUGAIN is also a leaf type Pokemon,
    It GAINS the life of other Pokemons.
    It also breath FLAMETHROWER!
    Sometimes WOBBUGAIN can use Hydro
    Pump by its nose.

WOBBUGAIN can use normal type attacks also! And also can use Thundershock but many call it
    WOBBUSHOCK ATTACK!

That is an evolution form of Wobbuffet!

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    For people who say 'mystic' or 'magic' type, I'd assume that Psychic-type is pretty much that. So there goes that idea. Maybe something that deals with air? But, then again, they have Flying-types. . Maybe make a Shadow-type to correspond with the Shadow moves in Pokémon XD, et cetera? But that would be like Dark-types, possibly. . I'd still have to go with Shadow-types. Super effective against Dark-types and weak to Psychic-types.

Light-types has been said way too much, in my opinion. XD​

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back