• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could end someone's career...

droomph

weeb
Years
I don't hate anybody's careers as much as their songs so I'll just say right here, I have none in particular I have anything against.

But the people who should really stop their careers:
1 Justin Bieber
Don't get me wrong, he's a good artist, a good person, and most of all, normal. He's going through adolescence. It's normal to be a little ***** for a few years. I think, in fact, that it's good to act like that - it's how your body develops emotionally and mentally (how, I don't know), and would be weird otherwise. I have to admit, being self-aware at 16 makes me want to kill myself most days (I'm not joking, btw - it's a real thing that I feel) so until my body develops self-control, I would prefer that I not have any sense of how annoying I am.

And on a similar note…
1b) All teenage pop stars/actors
You're developing. You need to rest. Have a normal life, learn something before it's too late. You know what they did in the 1700s Italy? If you were a teenager play actor and your voice was getting low, they would castrate you to keep the hormones from ever getting you to adulthood. That's basically what you're doing - taking the things you need to grow healthily and throwing that **** right out the window for what, $15 million dollars? Your healthy rest-of-your-60-years is worth a lot more than money can buy.

1c) Post-teenage actors who grew up acting
Get out of the business. I understand that you know nothing at this point other than acting, but I really want you to take a risk. You have money, right? And if your parents took all of that, force them to send you through college, by logic or by law. You'll be a much happier person, and you can go back to acting afterwards, and you won't have to drag your team along when times get hard, because you could just switch careers when things go down the toilet again in the acting world.

2) People in it for the gain
Look, we get that you love attention. I do too - that's why we're all alive.

However, there are better ways to get attention. For example, starting a business for a useful product to the same audience. First, you won't get all the bad rap (I'm speaking to you, certain movie actors) which really doesn't help get attention in the long run, and secondly, you'll be remembered forever (just ask Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerburg, and Steve Jobs) and frankly there's just a satisfaction that comes only from seeing people use your product. I mean, it's not like fame, but I'm sure Mark feels a little pride everytime Times does a report on Facebook's success and sees funny posts on the Internet about Facebook mishaps :p

Though that's just me from what I know. Don't bother listening to me if you don't want. But you'll have to grow up (which, btw !=maturity; many grown-ups are still children at heart) eventually.

Years
^ Droomph, isn't nearly everyone who ever got into the biz do so for fame, or at least money?

I don't mind subjectively if someone wants wealth and fame so long as I enjoy their music.

I think we are too hasty to label any indie band as being modest and respectable, when most of the time, they desire to accumulate more fame like any pop star, which isn't a bad thing. I understand that the desire of fame may detract from the music and compromise a person's artistry, but for others it doesn't; so then, why not listen to the music if you enjoy it?

Years
Every band that makes "music" by just screaming into the microphone.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you there. ;)
The types of screaming are actually quite difficult and a lot of the guitarists and especially drummers in those bands are quite talented, as are the singers. And it can be great stuff to listen to if you actually do like how it sounds, sure at first it just sounds like a bunch of noise but it actually isn't.

But there is some 'screamo bands' I do actually dislike a lot, such as Blood on the dance floor, bring me the horizon and bullet for my Valentine, eg. But stuff like Parkway Drive, Northlane, and August burns red, I do enjoy.

But this of course is just my opinion. :)

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Jessie J is my number two for sure. Pricetag, epitomizes hypocrisy, though we can't blame her since she probably didn't write a single word of it.

As much as I find the woman to be abhorrent, she started her career as a songwriter for other people before she took to singing her own songs, so I'm inclined to believe she gets her writing credits for good reason.

Years
As much as I find the woman to be abhorrent, she started her career as a songwriter for other people before she took to singing her own songs, so I'm inclined to believe she gets her writing credits for good reason.

Ugh, you know what, I think I heard this before, and was suprised then. I completely forgot that she was in the songwriting industry for others. Thanks for clearing that up.

Well then, I guess that means she is responsible for that "Pricetag" monstrosity. I mean, unless she just wants to do free concerts and give her music away for free on itunes. :p

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Are you ready? Okay. No Particular Order.

Nicki Minaj
Drake
Rhianna
Lady Gaga
Katy Perry
Justin Bieber
Kanye West
Alicia Keys
One Direction
Taylor Swift
Lil Wayne
Nickelback
Michael Buble
Ellie Goulding
Ed Sheeran
Wiz Khalifa
Chris Brown
Bruno Mars
Pitbull
Shakira
Maroon 5 / Adam Levine
Kesha
Flo-rida
Fun
Carly Rae Jepsen
T.I.
Iggy Azalea
Selena Gomez

And a lot of other genre/foreign artists that I can't think of right now.

^ All of the above! Except Lady Gaga... I loved Paparazzi and Bad Romance too much, but definitely One Direction. Everyone is obsessed! I just don't get it. Katy Perry is the worst! I cringe every time I Kissed a Girl comes on. -_-

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
^ Droomph, isn't nearly everyone who ever got into the biz do so for fame, or at least money?

I don't mind subjectively if someone wants wealth and fame so long as I enjoy their music.

I think we are too hasty to label any indie band as being modest and respectable, when most of the time, they desire to accumulate more fame like any pop star, which isn't a bad thing. I understand that the desire of fame may detract from the music and compromise a person's artistry, but for others it doesn't; so then, why not listen to the music if you enjoy it?

Really? Come on man do you have to make a point about everything? XD

Lol just playing with you buuut, to get down to the real business...

I would have to say end a bunch of peoples but i'll just list a few

Justin Beiber
One Direction
Nicki Minaj
Lil Wayne (For the record i love rap music but, he's garbage)
hmmm scratch that this list will be too long but, pretty much wanna be rappers TYLER THE CREATOR

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Anyone from that show Glee.

Wow, okay...

You can dislike the show all you want but you cannot deny that the show isn't full of talented people. 7 of which have been on Broadway, 6 who all received recording contracts during the shows run, 3 of which who are authors, Chris Colfer even made New York Times' best selling author, he even wrote and produced his own movie, not all of them are duds, several members of the cast have even won awards - and the show has won them too. It has its major downsides, but it has more upsides than down tbh. The show also has its cast members who aren't as talented as the rest but they still put all of their effort in... So saying you'd end their career just because they are on a show you dislike is totally unfair... At least give reasons and maybe try to pinpoint which cast members. I know I said a few things about the people in my original post but at least I gave reasons, as did the majority of the other posters.

Just sayin'

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
Wow, okay...

You can dislike the show all you want but you cannot deny that the show isn't full of talented people. 7 of which have been on Broadway, 6 who all received recording contracts during the shows run, 3 of which who are authors, Chris Colfer even made New York Times' best selling author, he even wrote and produced his own movie, not all of them are duds, several members of the cast have even won awards - and the show has won them too. It has its major downsides, but it has more upsides than down tbh. The show also has its cast members who aren't as talented as the rest but they still put all of their effort in... So saying you'd end their career just because they are on a show you dislike is totally unfair... At least give reasons and maybe try to pinpoint which cast members. I know I said a few things about the people in my original post but at least I gave reasons, as did the majority of the other posters.

Just sayin'

Some people just find the kids from Glee annoying, I guess.

Years
If i had to choose 1 artist only. I'd probally choose Pitbull. Alot of the other mediocore pop artists at least have a song that sounds decent. Although I dislike Nikki Minaj, Flo Rida, and Willow Smith as much as Pitbull. Pitbull has had the most succuss and further chances of releasing new material.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Justin Beiber. I admit I do love like atleast 1-2 of his songs but seriously dude, stop acting total badboy just because the internet tells you you're gay. idk if he continued down the path before he could been more respected or such but he chose to be badboy and stuff :/

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Oof, the lack of reasoning on the majority of your choices is disappointing, guys. =/

Anywho, I don't really wish the fatality of anyone's career in specific, but I tend to dislike any older bands/artists that are trying to stay afloat based on the publicity and fame they've garnered through their old successes, but are still not even successful to date. I don't have any clear cut examples right now, as if I threw any names out, they'd only be those I feel are on the brink of such exposure and that wouldn't be fair to them. Yet.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
As well as the others I said before I'd add Justin Bieber to my list. Not just because his music is terrible but because he's a terrible role model for young children; and since the majority of his fans are young girls who literally will do anything for him. (#Cut4Bieber anyone?)

His latest stunt sickens me I mean who spits on their fans? If it wasn't for them his terrible music career wouldn't have even moved off the ground, he owes everything to those children of Satan (lbr, the majority of beliebers are just awful)

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
As well as the others I said before I'd add Justin Bieber to my list. Not just because his music is terrible but because he's a terrible role model for young children; and since the majority of his fans are young girls who literally will do anything for him. (#Cut4Bieber anyone?)

His latest stunt sickens me I mean who spits on their fans? If it wasn't for them his terrible music career wouldn't have even moved off the ground, he owes everything to those children of Satan (lbr, the majority of beliebers are just awful)

Spoiler:

Basically this. Apparently the spitting one was photoshopped but nonetheless just look at all that.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Absolutely none. They worked hard for their careers. Anyone should be able to ignore an artist, especially the ones that act like jerks.

Back