• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could give Flareon a good moveset

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
  • Flareon could've had Flare Blitz (Or Fire Punch if he doesn't like recoil) and Agility. Still, I have a gut feeling that Swagger could work due to him having weak defenses and falling to almost every physical attack.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Flareon could've had Flare Blitz (Or Fire Punch if he doesn't like recoil) and Agility. Still, I have a gut feeling that Swagger could work due to him having weak defenses and falling to almost every physical attack.

GameFreak takes aesthetics to account when giving Pokemon moves. While it's strange that they denied Flareon Flare Blitz for 2 generations straight, it's unlikely they'll give Flareon Fire Punch because Flareon is quadrupedal (Fire Punch is mainly learned by bipedal Pokemon with arms).

If you're saying that Flareon should get Swagger, it already has it.

Anyway, as for this thread, I advocate Flareon getting Flare Blitz, even if the recoil will wear it down fast (that's what Wish is for, isn't it?)

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Quilava can stand on its hind legs, just like Typhlosion so it doesn't really count. Flareon would never get Brick Break.
    I know he could stand, but it's just that his physique suggest more ramming than punching. Fine, Dialga/Shelgon then. It's as if you're implying that as long as a creature could stand on it's hind legs, it is fine to learn martial arts. Heads up, any creature standing on it's hind legs only implies strong hind legs and good balance -- it doesn't necessarily account for arm strength.

inb4"Dialga's a Legendary"/"Shelgon is a Dragon"

If Growlithe could learn Close Combat, why shouldn't Flareon be able to learn Brick Break? Heck, Shroomish is allowed to learn Focus Punch. Anything's possible.

Barriers/bricks/whatever can be destroyed with almost anything if Gamefreak just allowed it (pretty sure Rhyhorn could break stuff better than a Sentret would). This is Pokemon, for crying out loud.

Anyway, I wasn't exclusively suggesting a competitive set. Not that I really care if it would make it into higher tiers (he works greatly with a TR team anyway). I'd just want to use a Flareon with such moveset. :)

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • There's just no saving Flareon. I'm sorry, but it's just too bad.
    "Saving" Flareon doesn't mean it has to outclass Arcanine, Darmanitan, Infernape, and other physical fire types. Even something like Entei is RU (aka, not that strong), yet most players are content with it. "Saving" Flareon would just be giving it a purpose, even if it's outclassed, such that it's not by far the worst eeveelution.

In the Dream World, the 3 original eeveelutions all got abilities related to status effects: Vaporeon with Hydration to cure status; Jolteon with Quick Feet to increase speed when statused; and Flareon with Guts to increase attack when statused. Given that Jolteon is already one of the fastest pokemon in the game, Quick Feet isn't really the most useful ability.

But what if Flareon got Quick Feet instead? The 50% boost would allow her to outspeed Base 115 speed pokemon. (Faster than things like Starmie, Gengar, Latios, etc.) Considering that Flareon already has a base attack equal to Scizor, this along with moveset like Flare Blitz, Crunch, Superpower and Facade would make Flareon a very apt revenge killer. (Flare Blitz could be saved as a last resort, because of low HP. Facade still hits hard at 140 base power. Ursaring has Quick Feet despite having just as bad speed as Flareon, so this wouldn't be unusual for Flareon to have)

edit: this would not make flareon any better, but i think it would be cute if flareon could use cotton guard, lol bye

Last edited:
    Back