• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen If you could remove one Unovian Pokemon from the games!

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
  • Cryogonal.
    I mean...what is it? It doesn't make any sense I mean...I know it's a giant snowflake shaped block of ice but apart from that I have no idea...Where's its face? Pokemon usually have cute, memorable faces...this doesn't have a face at all. It's the only Pokemon this gen I really dislike, and the only Pokemon I've ever looked at and said (thought) "What the hell is that?".
    Where Game Freak designing the alleyway in Castelia City when they thought of this? Or where they actually there?

Actually, Cryogonal does have a face. This picture shows the elements of Cryogonal's face with arrows. Also, not pointed out in the photo, it also has a mouth, directly below the nose. Look closer.
    If you could remove one Unovian Pokemon from the games!

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Audino (don't hate me)

made leveling up a walk in the park
    level 50 before fifth gym, mowed my way through the rest of the game

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • I would remove Vanillite and evos too. Its design lacks of originality and animals shaped as objects don't make any sense.

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
    Years
  • I think Stunfisk is the generation chump this time around so if anything, I think it should be pulled. To tell the truth I'd much rather look at a Feebas than this thing. Maybe if it could evolve it would have more of a purpose but one thing I do like about it is it's unique typing.

jimmefoxx

Beatlemaniac Jimme
    Years
  • id remove audino...its beyond lame it looks unbelievably braindead its more annoying than that stoutland...who is just ridiculous. arcanine would destroy that lame...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't wanna remove anything tbh. I think all Pokemon have a reason for being there! :] And I can't think of anything I'd wanna replace tbh. Buuuut a few places in the game are lacking in diversity, and I think stuff should be added...but the lack of diversity is probably because it's all Unova Pokemon in BW. Now I'm just getting off topic though haha. But yeah, I wouldn't remove anything~

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2015
    I would remove ducklett...
    Because there arent many people who get a Fly/Water type and finding a duck on a bridge? thats unlikely...yes, the flying/water combonation is pretty good...but against an electric it stands no-little chance...I just think that Ducklett just isn't necessary, I caught ONE wingull EVER and that was because I needed a pokemon to teach fly.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • I like most Pokemon, though scrolling down this topic I have found some kindred spirits who agree with me ;D.

Mainly Vanillite and its line, Chandelure and its line, and um..That trash Pokemon I always forget about XD.

Vanillite because, well..Its a failed Ice type. I never used it, mostly because of its look, and also because the name fails, and finally because..I dont think he was ever very useful. I tried using him..But failure. I went for the cute pre-evolution of Beartic...

Chandelure..Hes a candle. What, was the designer up late at night drawing by candlelight and got an amazing idea? Geez. Plus, I think theres way better Ghost types to use..

Trash Pokemon is trash. Weak, barely has any use, and the design..Im guessing it was trash day that day >_>.

Another one..I know I mentioned it before that I was using it, but only as a replacement for Vanillite, because his design wasnt all too bad. Beartic. It seems to be (And its pre-evolution) to be an Ice version of Ursaring.. Add some weird crown thingy on its head thats ice and turn it white and blue, and BAM! You have a new Pokemon >_>.

I know at the last it was mostly about the design..Sorry! At least most of my post gives real reasons right?;D.

Tyranee

Can't read my Poke'-face!
    Years
  • I'd get rid of Garbador, the Timbur trio (Timburr, Gurr durr, and ConkellDERP >_<), and the ice cream cones.

Garbador and Trubbish I'd just not put in at all and have Grimer and Muk after the first elite 4 battle in B/W instead. The garbagemons are horrible ideas for designs and quite frankly I think we have enough "synthetic" Pokemon (Porygon trio and Genesect *cough*).

I'd get rid of the Timburr Trio and replace them with the thing they ripped off: The Machop trio. The Machop trio is much cooler and they're original. The Timburr trio are just Gen 5 ripoffs.

I'd get rid of the ice cream trio for obvious reasons. They're useless and their design is lazy. Every time I see one I want to fire punch it in it's friken melty face. Replace them with any other ice type.

Also one I forgot to add. EMONGA. That little jerk is just a Pikachu with wings. Every time I see a Pikachu ripoff I want to shoot it. However Emonga is so annoying with its double team that I'd probably miss until I faint. Kill that little buttmuncher >.>

koji8123

PKMN Collector
    Years
  • I'm in agreement with most here. Audino, the trash pokemon, the icecream pokemon, stunfisk, they all have to go.

I'd also add the Kami trio. Seriously we already have the weather trio, Groudon and Kyogre, we don't need more. I'd also personally remove the mole pokemon.. We have HAD these pokemon before, Diglett, and Dugtrio. Grimer and Muk was the original trash/polution pokemon. They really have lost orifinality. I'd remove Munna/Musharna, we have Drowzee and Hypno.. pidove etc. we have pidgey...wooat for zoobat

Seriously 90 % of this newest gen, aren't really that original if you look at them.

Tyranee

Can't read my Poke'-face!
    Years
  • I'm in agreement with most here. Audino, the trash pokemon, the icecream pokemon, stunfisk, they all have to go.

I'd also add the Kami trio. Seriously we already have the weather trio, Groudon and Kyogre, we don't need more. I'd also personally remove the mole pokemon.. We have HAD these pokemon before, Diglett, and Dugtrio. Grimer and Muk was the original trash/polution pokemon. They really have lost orifinality. I'd remove Munna/Musharna, we have Drowzee and Hypno.. pidove etc. we have pidgey...wooat for zoobat

Seriously 90 % of this newest gen, aren't really that original if you look at them.

This is true. However though lacking in originality for their gimmick, Munna and Musharna look great and have great symbolism behind them (it's my speculation that it's something to do with abortions since they're both dreaming fetuses). I would prefer them over Hypno and Drowsie any day since the aforementioned don't really have any deeper meaning.

vagrantwanderer

Saturated Sarcasm
    Years
  • Gothita and, by default- its evolutions. Not only is it creepy looking, I find it hard to believe that we needed ANOTHER goofy looking psychic type. And really, GOTHita should have been a dark type obviously, and on top of that it is offensive by using an outdated "goth" design when making the design. Goths no longer dress in white bows and red lipstick (admittedly that would be cooler, but).

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • Personally, Pokémon like Dunsparce, Finneon, and Lumineon just HAVE to go! I mean really, nobody even knows what they are >.>

Also, that garbage Pokémon. Ew.

Gotta agree with this, ahaha.

I agree, dunsparce in pokemon stadium two made me mad >___< i like your Original Squritle btw. I forgot to mention that the ice cream cone is just uhh it's too slow anyway and well. I think Lick attack should be super effective xD

Years
  • Chandelure..Hes a candle. What, was the designer up late at night drawing by candlelight and got an amazing idea? Geez. Plus, I think theres way better Ghost types to use..
    YAY NOW I DON'T FEEL LIKE A FREAK ANYMORE! xD

I agree or at least be a ledongary.

Gothita and, by default- its evolutions. Not only is it creepy looking, I find it hard to believe that we needed ANOTHER goofy looking psychic type. And really, GOTHita should have been a dark type obviously, and on top of that it is offensive by using an outdated "goth" design when making the design. Goths no longer dress in white bows and red lipstick (admittedly that would be cooler, but).

As a fan of the Goth, I have to agree on you about looks. I didn't like it when they overexgaerate the lips... like they did with Jynx. I thought it was very cliche and dumb. I do however like the bow and her hair and her dress and her other bows. Maybe make the dress shorter or something like they did for Gothorita.. and she had legs.

As for being a dark type I say nay. Gothia can be pure physic but Gothorita and Gothitelle should be Physic/Fighting. Why? Because for one, it's a nice to see a little girl as a fighter. Mostly, fighting types go to big bulky, manly Pokemon. (except Moeletta). Also, she's got potential as a fighter. Fighting types are considered not only the most useful but the most honurable.

Also, bringing up stereotypes, Gothitelle being a dark type will only amplify the goth stereotype even more than it's looks. Her and her second form being part fighting however, will break not only the goth stereotype, but the also the female stereotypes as well. A little girl lots of bows, a cute dress and a fragile frame doing close combat? AWESOME.

Lastly,it'd help her reception. If she was part fighting, she's be up there with the overrated Pokemon like Reniclus and Chandelure since she has a type that is mostly used. She won't be overrated (thank god), but she'd be given a chance.

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • Chandelure..Hes a candle. What, was the designer up late at night drawing by candlelight and got an amazing idea? Geez. Plus, I think theres way better Ghost types to use..

Actually, the Litwick line is based on Will-o'-the-wisp. It's a ghostly light--specifically a lamp--that lures travellers.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will-o'-the-wisp
    And here is Litwick's Pokedex entry:
    "While shining a light and pretending to be a guide, it leeches off the life force of any who follow it."

Years
  • I like most Pokemon, though scrolling down this topic I have found some kindred spirits who agree with me ;D.

Mainly Vanillite and its line, Chandelure and its line, and um..That trash Pokemon I always forget about XD.

Vanillite because, well..Its a failed Ice type. I never used it, mostly because of its look, and also because the name fails, and finally because..I dont think he was ever very useful. I tried using him..But failure. I went for the cute pre-evolution of Beartic...

Chandelure..Hes a candle. What, was the designer up late at night drawing by candlelight and got an amazing idea? Geez. Plus, I think theres way better Ghost types to use..

Trash Pokemon is trash. Weak, barely has any use, and the design..Im guessing it was trash day that day >_>.

Another one..I know I mentioned it before that I was using it, but only as a replacement for Vanillite, because his design wasnt all too bad. Beartic. It seems to be (And its pre-evolution) to be an Ice version of Ursaring.. Add some weird crown thingy on its head thats ice and turn it white and blue, and BAM! You have a new Pokemon >_>.

I know at the last it was mostly about the design..Sorry! At least most of my post gives real reasons right?;D.

Why? I have all these three in my party. That just owned my friend who had Moltres, Articuno, Zapdos, Suicune, Mew and Mewtwo. Yes, because he is just like that.
    So, as you can see, these Pokemon are awesome. And once again, it's down to design.
    Yep. Vanillite's design is totally original and definetly NOT weak. It's one of the more USEFUL ice types in the games. And why does the name fail? Vanillite. Vanilla. Lite. LITE VANILLA ICE-CREAM, WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?

Anyway, Chandelure. Is. Stupidly. Over-powered. Took out most of the E4 by itself, this one. And so what if it's a candle. Candles are awesome too. But, so are ice-creams, but lets not go there again.

So, Garbador. Down to design again. Who cares? It's strong and powerful. Sure, it's ability may not be THAT useful, but it's still a definite usable Pokemon.

But no matter what I say I'm not gonna change anyone's opinions.
    Just for the record, though...

VANILLITE IS AWESOME.
    CHANDELURE IS AWESOME.
    GARBADOR IS AWESOME.

Anyway, I wouldn't actually get rid of any Pokemon, because I like them all :D

So, in future, please don't throw Pokemon aside, just because of their appearance. If people did this, they'd never find the right person.

-totodile42

vagrantwanderer

Saturated Sarcasm
    Years

• YAY NOW I DON'T FEEL LIKE A FREAK ANYMORE! xD

As for being a dark type I say nay. Gothia can be pure physic but Gothorita and Gothitelle should be Physic/Fighting. Why? Because for one, it's a nice to see a little girl as a fighter.

Agreed- that's what made Kickass such an awesome movie! And I guess making it dark type would be a bit too cliche now that I think about it.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • But...I don't wanna remove any Pokemon...! Kidding.
    Stunfisk. It makes no sense putting it into the game. It a little useless if you ask me. Doesn't need to be in the games at all, really.

Pika-power

Jesus of Suburbia
    Years
  • All the object based pokemon, personally. They are such a deviation from the core values of the original games it's not funny. The Ice Cream pokemon? Next thing I know they'll be making a Jihadist pokemon with an evolution of Osama Bin laden's ghost.

Back