• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen If you could...

Arceus200

Fanfic writer in training.
    Years
    If you could change anything about D/P, what would you change?

For instance, if there was more secret passages, more to the storyline after the game, or would you like to share a previous idea of what you'd change about either one that you've been thinking about.

I definetely would have made, if I could, more to the storyline. These things are like about the mysterious puddles in the Lake caverns (not the Giratina one). Those things really get me excited. I'm not sure about you, but I like going in Verity Lake Cavern and just hoping that, for some reason, that an underground passage would pop up. I wrote that same thing in the story that I wrote in fanfiction. It's got some fixing up to do, I know, because of the person that wrote the grammar mistakes I made and the pronunciations and all that stuff.

But besides that, Have a great time with this and let your mind wander on the facts that you would change about D/P! XD

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I wouldn't change anything...the game is good the way it is, srry!

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    More to the after e4 storyline plz

Hieatran and Cresselia just didn't have a good enough back-story

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2008
    more to do after the e4
    it didnt feel like i was realy aiming to do anything :/

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    As said before, more past the elite four please. The game pretty much stops getting difficult. I'd wanna see an expansion like in the 2nd gen, where rather than levels stopping at level 50s it goes right up into the 80s.

dragonarche

Is back :D
    Years
    i would change alot of things about D/P
    1) More pokemon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 We neeed more POKEMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!XD
    2)BETTER GRAPHICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG!!!!!!!!!!I FORGOT TO TURN OFF CAP'S!!!!!!!!1
    3)better storly line!!!!!!!!!!!11 the story line of D/P are verry short we need more things to dooo!!!!!1111
    4)full on 3DD GRAPHICS!!!!!
    5)ABILITY TO LET POKEMON OUT AND MAKE THEM FOLLOW YOU LIKE IN pokemon yellow version
    6)more things to do after the elete 4
    7)someting great happens after collecting all 493 pokemon!!!!111 i mean its really boring after collection every single pokemon then talking to PRO.OAK and all he does is thanks you:(((::(:(:((

MrsMime

Humanshape Pokemon
    Years
    The ability to go back to other regions obviously. I'm not sure which region would be best, Hoenn would be fun. :D

Naturalistick

Used to do a little.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2008
    Contests. I used to like contests until they got all complex and stuff. It JUST wasn't needed, bring the old contests back please ._.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Contests. I used to like contests until they got all complex and stuff. It JUST wasn't needed, bring the old contests back please ._.

I agree. See what happens when you try to fix something that wasn't broken in the first place?

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    Well, I'd probably make surfing a tad faster, because it's extremely slow, and I'd also re-add the headbutting move, so that you could obtain the same Pokemon, but without Sweet Honey.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    -Contests.
    I wanted Contests to be expanded, not confined. Contests in RSE were in more than one place, and in that museum in Lilycove, made at least me feel accomplished in having my Weezing beat the Master Rank Beauty Contest. XD
    Having the Contests in only one city is disappointing. They should have expanded on the format that they used for RSE, not confined it. :\

-As stated multiple times, more to do after defeating the Elite Four. Chasing Cresselia and catching Heatran is boring.

-A notion slightly corrected in Platinum; accessibility to the prevolutions to the 4th gen evolutions that aren't in the Sinnoh Dex (Gligar, Tangela, Togepi) before the Elite Four.

-Accessibility to a new region'd be nice, frankly. Not an old one...a new one.

-Make every single Pokemon obtainable through some method that didn't involve the Pal Park.

-Make it so fire starters didn't wtfown everything. XD

Meh, there isn't much to change for me, really. D/P was awesome.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    I wish contests were required to progress through the story line instead of a side quest. I've always felt they were a waste of time so having them required instead of optional would hopefully change my view on them.

And as many others have mentioned already, a stronger E4 after you beat them the first time. But if I'm not mistaken, they added this to Platinum.

Drawicia

the artist of evil
    Years
    i wish that you can dive underwater like in my emerald version. diving was fun, i just didn't like the maze they made to Soottopolis. srry off topic. well yeah dive underwater and swim through the kelp and find pokemon like Relicanth and Clampearl.

.Scream

Professor
    Years
    The starters appearing in the wild.
    Legendary Breeding. :P
    Graveler, Kadabra, Machoke and so on can be evolved without trading, possibly level up.
    Your 'Mom' saves your money like G/S/C.
    Go back to other regions.

I know more but yeah...

Katnip

Harajuku Lover
    Years
    I wish there were more little side quests, like the Trick Master's house. I just love that place. Also I would make the battles go faster, because when you compare D/P to R/S/E you can tell that the 5th gen battles, even the short ones, take forever to finish.

I also wish that some of the sprites and animations were different. All some pokemon seem to do is shiver, and then stretch upwards. And what's up with the Vulpix/Ninetales sprite? It looks like they're trying to moon you. I don't even use them in D/P because the sprite bugs me so much.

PKDante

Mr Legs
    Years
    Most of the changes I wanted are coming in Platinum, so I'm happy, or at least I will be when it come out in the UK!

The battle frontier will be fun, and so will the elite 4 getting stronger!

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    While D/P have been my favourites since Crystal, I would like to see a second region, a second-round elite four and for the love of trees, FASTER SURFING! *so looking forwards to the fast-surfing in Platinum!!!*

Back