• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you got $400, what would you use it for?

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Put it all on red the first thing I'd do would be to put a fair amount of it aside for spending money for an upcoming holiday in the summer! :3 apart from that there's nothing really that needs urgently paying off at the moment, so I'd finally have some spare cash to buy a 3DS with!

That would probably be it lmao, $400 isn't really enough to do something craaaaazy with.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    Honestly I would pay off my medical bills and then just store the rest. Maybe, just MAYBE, invest in costume supplies, but now as an adult I can't go around and throw an extra $400 like it's nothing.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    I would probably end up blowing most if not all of it on Manga, DVDs, Videogame,s and plushies... and some clothes too.

And then I'd regret it a few months later.

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    $400 isn't a lot, honestly. But it's enough for me to indulge my inner nerd and grab one particular Magic: The Gathering card -- a judge foil Armageddon. (Go look it up, 'cause I can't post links atm) $80 for a. a card, and b. a card that I already have a copy of, sounds really, really stupid, but it's really pretty.

I would probably also buy a copy of Super Robot Wars Z (Amazon had copies new for $30 recently! I was impressed.) and Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD. I guess I'd put the rest into a. my C2E2 fund, or b. if it's after C2E2, into savings. Okay, maybe a doll of the Touhou character Patchouli?

Look, if I could set 40% of all the spending money that ever just randomly drops on me aside, that would be a miracle.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Third leg reduction. I can't do things without hurting people with it. It's just too thick so if I had some extra money I would try to get it slimmed down a little.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    That could set me for months considering I have a very adequate and yet tight budget.
    Is the thing I wish I could say but considering that I would consider this free money I might end up saving at least half of it, then I would just go and blow it all on Pizza. I might regret it, I might not, who knows.

Where are you that you can live off of less than $5,000 a year?! When my boyfriend and I split bills in our cheap one-bedroom apartment in the middle of nowhere we still end up around $8,000 a year. Are you living with family so no rent or something?

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I was returned about $400 in tax money myself! I put it into savings but I'll be purchasing the Mario Kart 8 Wii U bundle in a month, so it will be money well spent. I also bought an Elgato HD Recording device and will need a little more money for college when starting in the Fall. I'm trying to save some money for the future, but also want to buy fun things as well.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Well, currently $400 is about £237. I think most of it would be spent on some much-needed new clothes.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
    Where are you that you can live off of less than $5,000 a year?! When my boyfriend and I split bills in our cheap one-bedroom apartment in the middle of nowhere we still end up around $8,000 a year. Are you living with family so no rent or something?

No family. No rent. You hit it right on the nail.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    I'd put it towards my schooling right now. I start in the fall and need tuition money!

droomph

weeb
    Years
    put it in the bank account, buy some stuff, regret it immediately, remember that I had actually been saving up for those things, feel bad for wasting my money anyways

Years
    I think it would go towards a new microphone because I seriously need to start doing some foley for some projects.

Then again I may not be able to afford the one I want. So maybe a new wardrobe and a couple nights drinking. I'm fairly relaxed.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2019
    I'm content with what I own, so I would most of it in my savings account. I would probably buy some clothes ~$20 online, like some Pokemon and Band related stuff.

Rhythmical

CA NA DA WHAT
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2021
    I would definitely put all of that money into starting my sleeve tattoo. It's true when they say that getti g tattoed can get addicting!

Back