• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you got handed a billion bucks...

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    muh plan if i ever got a billion dollars:

1) Buy a home for my parents. A home worth $250k-500k is plenty nice enough. I don't know if they could handle a million dollar home haha. I may or may not get my own place. I would be awfully lonely in my own place. Dating just got even more impossible, being a billionaire and all. I could get some pets. Invite some of my online friends over, duh, I can afford their flights. We'd chill in my home and devour the biggest pizza ever.
    Buy cars for the family. Brothers dream for $50k trucks/Hummers. Yeah right. Dad always wanted a boat. Maybe, since I kinda promised when I was a little girl, aw.
    Try to buy back my grandfather's land in Palatka, Florida. We didn't have enough money to get it in the auction.
    2) Cover those medical bills. I don't have many expenses related to college as of yet, but I would be interested in pursuing my Master of Accountancy degree.
    3) Travel the world, go on a cruise, go skiing, go to the Cheesecake Factory, make everyone dear to me at least Crystal tier on PC, I don't know. Go back to browsing Imgur.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    1.) Put half of it in the bank so the interest would accumulate over the next 30 years
    2.) Buy the McDonalds I work at and fire the people which are lazy
    3.) Travel for the rest of my life and help my family and friends who would need the money for help. If I am blessed, I should help those who aren't as blessed.

I'd travel the world for a while and then buy a house depending on where I'd want to live based on my travels. Grab the boyfriend and bring him with me. Donate several thousand at the very least to the forum. Aaaand buy the boyfriend/the family whatever they desire with the rest while I live off of interest.. I don't want much outside a nice home so it was hard thinking of anything.

but i'd get plushies too, lots of cute plushies ; ^;

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
    I take half of the money and invest it in the businesses I already have, and donate the other half to charity and causes.

Years
    I'd honestly try and buy myself a sports team if someone just handed me a billion dollars. Now, I know that I've seen professional sports teams in North America sold for as little as 150 million dollars, but I'd probably buy something like a minor hockey league team, which would be much cheaper, and I wouldn't have to worry about quite as many expenses. I'd also make sure to set $100 million aside in order to donate to charities and organizations over a long period of time, rather than giving out a bunch of massive checks all at once.

Other than that, I'd probably just spend enough money so that myself and my family could live comfortably going forward. In fact, any of my future children would probably be lucky, as they'd likely get a larger inheritance than what I managed to spend in my entire lifetime.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    First thing would be to pay my debts, of course. After that a big part of it would be for backup, so if anything goes wrong I still have enough to save myself from trouble.
    Another part would be donated, probably for better school systems.

After that, I guess there'd still be more than enough money; I don't know what I'd to with it, to be honest.

Years
    Hm, probably...

1. Pay off outstanding student loans
    2. Purchase 2 houses, one for my parents, and one for myself (+ significant other)
    3. Send my parents back to Vietnam, and probably go traveling myself

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I'd pay off my debt. I owe the government $5000 for my failed attempt at higher education that I could easily just pay now except I don't want to, so if I had a million bucks I'd just shove the 5G at them... then with the rest I would re-furnish my apartment with better stuff, pay a year's worth of rent in advance and then put the remainder in a high-interest savings account for 5 years and watch it grow to over a million dollara again.

Years
    Buy some new toys - a car, the baddest, most expensive Mac book there is, and open a few investments to get some dividends in the future. Maybe do a little philanthropy work around my hometown. :>

Years
    I would buy a nice house. A nice car. Save a BUNCH of it to probably live off of. Travel to a bunch of places. Buy new clothes because I need some. Save enough to help my kid go to college. A billion dollars? That would probably have me AND my kid set for life, lol.
    Plus of course there would be a bunch of little things I could buy. And I would donate money a lot more often too, since I would have plenty to spare. Donate to animal shelters too. Help out family any time they needed it. Damn I would have enough to buy my mom a house, plenty enough. A billion dollars is a lot. 1000 millions. I have been living off of 14,000 or less for several years. I could live off of more than 40,000 per year for the rest of my life and have tons left over. What a nice thing that would be if someone handed me a billion dollars lol.

Khilia

Kawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets
    Years
    In that order:

1) Use only what's necessary on personal things I've always wanted/liked/needed
    2) Take a part, maybe the half of what's left of that and give it to my parents (which may also need some money as well)
    3) Keep a part of it for myself and future and donate the rest to charity/our town (which could also need some financial support)

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2014
    I would keep it a secret. Then I would film myself hitting on females wearing raggy clothes and getting rejected. But then I would drive by them in a Lamborghini or some situation where they see I'm loaded, film there reaction and regret, and then put it on youtube.

Years
    I would use whatever money is available to pay for the rest of my college tuition without having to worry about competition of scholarships and/or take out federal student loans. I'd also use a large portion to go towards getting my own home and necessities for the house as well. I'd probably keep another large chunk of it in savings as well, then donate the rest to charity.

Back