• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen If You Got The Other Game.....

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    ill tell u somthing-i have white...
    if i had black i whould pick tepig instead od snivy and play the both of them then transfer from black to white
    so i can get trade evo's and exclusives

Last edited:

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
    I got both versions, with the intent that I would keep one of them as it is and replay the other one whenever I want, as well as getting all the version exclusives over to the other. So, I started White with Snivy and picked Oshawott when I picked up Black, and I'm going to try to use different teams. I used Snivy, Lilipup, Deino, Panpour, and Litwick on White...so as long as I don't use any of those on Black, I'll be happy. (:

blue

gucci
    Years
    Yeah, I got both, White on 4th March and Black not too long ago.

I'd play it through kinda different analysing the storyline in different ways and I'd choose a different starter so overall I have all three.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    Got Black on March 6th, but it corrupted so I bought White and I'll play through Black later. I transfered starters from it to White.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    I would use a different starters and a completely different team. I have been wanting to play White...

Amuse

N.E.E.T.
    Years
    I have White and I´m enjoying it. I´d definitly get Black aswell if it wasn´t for my lack of cash. ><
    I chose Tepig as my starter. I probablly wouldn´t take him a second time. And I THINK I´d preffer Snivy over Oschawott just because Osch has been a pain in my neck throuout the game. As for playing it differentlly...probablly would just run it with 1 main Poké instead of training an entire in-game team.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Just a Quick Note Here:
    If you already have both games, please discuss what you would plan on doing for a third game! This is just so we don't have side topics that are already being discussed in our Black or White thread. Otherwise, if you only purchased one of the two, you may further discuss what you would have done in the opposite game.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I used a different starter and some different Pokemon. I really only got the two versions so that I could trade version exclusives and whatnot... that and one was Japanese and the other American. I wanted one that I could at least understand the language lol.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    I got Black, so if I had also White, I would use it for challenges, so I don't have to use ROMs, which I hate :D But first, I would play it with uncommon Pokès, like Beeheyem, Garbodor and stuff like that, then I would trade to my Black the exclusive Legendaries (Zekrom and Thundurus). Then I'll start with challenges.

Years
    What would you do?

Would you try and run it like a challenge?

Would you pick a different starter?

Would you play it through the same way?

I plan on getting Black soon (already have White)

I'm going to run some sort of challenge, not sure which one yet.

I'm definitely going to pick a different starter, will pick Snivy this time, picked Oshawott last time.

I wouldn't be playing through the same way as I'll be doing some sort of challenge.

I'm getting it more for the version exclusive stuff too, and I want to have a game where I can restart and play over and over, I'll keep White as a permanent save.

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
    What would you do?
    Do the same thing as I did in black.
    Not really, But I might do that.
    I might pick tepig than oshawatt in black, because snivy is lame to pick.

That's a good question, Maybe but I might change my battle team.

What would you do?
    Do the same thing as I did in black.
    Not really, But I might do that.
    I might pick tepig than oshawatt in black, because snivy is lame to pick.

That's a good question, Maybe but I might change my battle team.

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I finished the game on White but now I'm doing it on Black.

So far yes I have been playing differently, with a different starter and I'm much happier with my team.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    What would you do?
    I would just play the same first run as my White, then I'll just use it as storage for my Pokemon.

If there are some good challenges out there, I'd go for it. I'm always looking for a good challenge.

Oshawott is my starter in White. So, I will choose Snivy for my other game.

Would you play it through the same wa
    y?
    It's possible that I may not get the same Pokemon as White. I may end up getting different kinds.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    After I beat White, I bought Black.
    What would you do?
    In Black I'm trying to beat the game with a different team (traded over for fast exp)

Nope.

I picked Snivy instead of Oshawott. Hate Tepig.

Yeah except I wanna level up more and stuff before the E4 which will be easy to do considering a few of the Pokemon are traded over from my White.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2012
    Well if i had black it would be better if i had 2 ds' so i could transfer all 3 starters over and the exclusives

Years
    If i got black Id do the same with the starters as i did in white which is get all three starters through trading aswell as the monkeys but i wudnt use the same team as ive got now, mix it up a lil bit methinks :P Defo use a zebstrika instead of emolga.

Back