• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you had proof that God does not exist, would you publish your findings?

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    Both sides can prove there point. (you just can't prove yours) but both sides can't prove there's is law/right. but the whole thread is about you finding prof that makes creation law.

Years
    Yes. I guess we'll never know till we die. The sad part is though, that once we die we can't tell the rest of the world if there is or isn't a god of any sorts.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    Well which scenario would you rather have. God dose not exist I rot in the ground. God dose exist I go to heaven and you go to hell.

Years
    that's a very good question
    I might, I don't believen God but I dont know If I would show everyone the proof the God doesn't exist to those people who hardcore believen Him/her, It might crush them

Years
    I don't believe in God, but it wouldn't surprise me if there was an afterlife or if reincarnation existed.

Rot in the ground. Sounds less painful.

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Can't prove a negative.

/discussionend

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM yes you can?

I can prove, that water is not composed of Carbon in any way shape or form.

For you people who don't know science its

Spoiler:

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    Trying to find if God exists or not is like trying to prove if a pebble is in a sandbox or not. But replace the pebble with God, and make the sandbox the whole universe, and there you go.

Not to mention that since we are barely even able to get off the planet, and the fact that our "universe" is most likely a multiverse, we will search until we are all dust.

Personally, I would rather just choose the "agree to disagree" option.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM yes you can?

I can prove, that water is not composed of Carbon in any way shape or form.

For you people who don't know science its

Spoiler:

Well, proof is a mathematical term, so ya./terminology
    Even then, these are two completely different subjects.

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I find it funny that atheists use the same reasoning to support their religion that they use to rebute the Christian religion: the absence of evidence.

They claim it is no good believing in something that can't be proven yet they state God doesn't exist as if it was a proven fact. At least agnostics are somewhat rational.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    To answer the original question:
    Probably. I doubt that it'd shatter anyone's beliefs, really. Religion would find a way to contextualize it somehow, just like it has done with every scientific breakthrough thus far. It's like with evolution; there are plenty of religious people that simply believe in evolution in the context of their religion.

No.

1. People would not believe me
    2. The Catholic Church would kill me (srs)
    3. I would have probably stopped many people from feeling the placebo that someone loves them. For those people who feel they have nothing left, God is the answer. If you take God out...what do they have to live for?
    4. Crime would probably go up
    5. People would have no reason to be moral

People need faith. In SOMETHING. Just about every civilization believed in some kind of higher being. It's what has kept humanity sane and civil. If you take that out of the picture, we'd be left with something close to chaos.
    Speaking as an atheist, I don't need faith. I don't define my existence based on some pre-ordained meaning; I'm certain there is none, so I make my own.

I find it funny that atheists use the same reasoning to support their religion that they use to rebute the Christian religion: the absence of evidence.

They claim it is no good believing in something that can't be proven yet they state God doesn't exist as if it was a proven fact. At least agnostics are somewhat rational.
    I love it how some people generalize as if every single person that doesn't believe in a higher power is somehow irrational because you once got into an argument with a jerk. You're taking one person's view of atheism and extrapolating as if every single atheist believes this as doctrine, which simply isn't true.

Last edited:

CGCoder

Rawr Profile Stalker D:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2015
    Atheism: Imagine you're falling into a pit of lava, then someone comes and says "grab my hand if you want to live!" and you say " NEVER! i don't believe in you!"

Years

Nitpicking point: agnostics are atheists. Atheists are simply people who are not theists, ie., don't believe in god(s). Agnostics don't believe in god(s). That some atheists state outright their belief in a godless universe does not mean all feel similarly.

Also, I think when people say "god doesn't exist" what many of them mean to say (or what they would mean if they were being very precise with their language) is "there is no persuasive evidence of the existence of god and until such evidence is presented the default assumption should be that there is no god."

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Nitpicking point: agnostics are atheists. Atheists are simply people who are not theists, ie., don't believe in god(s). Agnostics don't believe in god(s). That some atheists state outright their belief in a godless universe does not mean all feel similarly.

Also, I think when people say "god doesn't exist" what many of them mean to say (or what they would mean if they were being very precise with their language) is "there is no persuasive evidence of the existence of god and until such evidence is presented the default assumption should be that there is no god."

Agnostic =/= Atheist

An atheist is someone who has dogmatic faith of a godless universe.

An agnostic is someone who doesn't make any statement on either side because either can be right or wrong.

Atheists have made up their minds as much as theists have, agnostics have not and some never will.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    As much as I'd love to, I wouldn't. A lot of people would be lost if they were to find out something as shocking as this.

I'm an Atheist, so I don't care if God is real or not.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Yeah, sure, I'd publish my findings, piss of billions of people and make said billions immoral due to the fact that no almighty being is going to punish them. That and some of the billions would lose their way without God.

And make myself sad too.

Brilliant.

Back