• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you had to choose just one band...

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • Okay so, if you had to choose just one band you like the most, who would they be and why?

For me it's pretty easy. It would definitely be Gotcharocka. Yes, it was the GazettE, but when I laid eyes on Gotcharocka and Duckie aka Jui... I fucking died. Not to mention, there is a video of Duckie singing I'll always be with you Acapella... and my god can he really SING. I just love his voice so much. He's also super cute, and he makes the cutest Duckie lips as well. I also like Jun too because he's very sweet, lovable and also adorable. Toya... not so much at the moment. I can't say why because I'm trying to forget about it. I mean seriously, these guys are my life basically. I've never been so obsessed with a band that I can't go five seconds without listening to them. If I do... I feel like I'm going to die. So yeah.

Spoiler:

So yeah. How about you? :P I'm pretty sure this has been posted a dozen times btw too, right? Well, I'm posting it again because my music tastes have changed a lot over the years so meh.

Last edited:

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • Modest Mouse. everything they did before 2001 is pretty perfect, and I love he vibe they create and I love the lifestyle they project and I love the way their tracks make me feel. FUCK. good band.

Reactions: dad

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    blondie
    enduring and iconic for 40 years now, they're easily my favourite band. through the stage presence of debbie harry and the musical prowess of chris stein, they managed to carve a place in music history while changing and propelling all the genres they've been involved in, from new age to rock to disco to even rap. did you know that debbie harry was the first charted female rapper, thanks to blondie's 'rapture'? the first number one rap song, too.

they tick all the boxes for my personal taste in music: powerful stage presence, skillful imagery, masterful and/or eclectic production, durability and the strength of their catalogue.

Reactions: dad

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Dang, it's hard to pick just one. My two favorites are Boston and Weezer. I think if I have to choose one over the other, it'll have to be Boston. They're classic, they're amazing, they have it all. I absolutely love their music to death.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    probably modest mouse or the strokes, leaning towards modest mouse. they're both amazingly talent and have a variety of albums out already but i think modest mouse has more meaning to their songs. sorry julian bbz

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Alice in Chains sings into my soul. They truly touch me and that really doesn't happen to me when it comes to music.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Placebo definitely. I've been a fan ever since 2008/2009 when a friend introduced me to them. I relate to a lot of their music now more than I thought back then. The lyrics in their songs are really mesmerizing (at least certain ones in particular). There's something about Brian Molko's voice that makes me go back all the time. If you haven't given them a chance I highly suggest you do if you like alternative rock!

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • tumblr_nbaolrDLhK1tik4aeo10_r1_250.gif

Give me some Hey! Say! JUMP goodness. I've only been a JUMP fan for the last 2 years since they debuted back in 2007. It's amazing them watching them grow from trainees to the group that they are now. I absolutely love their songs, they always seem to brighten me up even on the saddest of days. The choreography in some of their songs and their PVs in general always feel so amazing and fun to watch - or more or less their are a couple which look like they're just having the funniest time making them.

Spoiler:

You can't really blame him for being mean because the GazettE fandom is absolutely horrible as fuck. There are so many fans out there who only see them as gods. They could careless about what they sound like or anything like that. It's so sickening. That's why I try to steer clear of anything j-rock fandom related.

Amen to this. It's not just the j-rock fandom, but the j-pop fandom too :s

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
  • tumblr_nbaolrDLhK1tik4aeo10_r1_250.gif

Give me some Hey! Say! JUMP goodness. I've only been a JUMP fan for the last 2 years since they debuted back in 2007. It's amazing them watching them grow from trainees to the group that they are now. I absolutely love their songs, they always seem to brighten me up even on the saddest of days. The choreography in some of their songs and their PVs in general always feel so amazing and fun to watch - or more or less their are a couple which look like they're just having the funniest time making them.

Spoiler:

Amen to this. It's not just the j-rock fandom, but the j-pop fandom too :s

Yeah, that doesn't surprise me. However, I find it's worse with visual kei because a lot of the j-rockers where fancy clothing and have on loads of make up. Fangirls treat them like they are fucking gods to be worshipped too. It's so sickening. I mean, they are human beings!! They wouldn't know what a god was if it bit them in their stupid little asses! >_>That's why I don't follow the fandom. I just can't stand all of the horny little fangirls treating them like gods.

Anyway, another thing I forgot to mention about the GazettE is how amazing they look. I'm not talking about their physical looks. I mean how they dress and how they were their make up. It always looks absolutely amazing on them no matter what.

For example:

Spoiler:

I actually only have that picture. Too lazy to dig up the official one...

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Ugh why do you do this to me.

If I had to pick just one I'd probably go with Amon Amarth. They're what got me back into metal after 3 years of not listening to it at all. They have the best sound of any metal band imo and I've always been a fan of the whole viking shebang so putting that together really just really hits all of the marks for me. Of course ask me tomorrow what my favorite band is and I'd probably say Immortal Technique, Astronautalis, or Bliss N Eso. It's just so hard to pick just one band but Amon Amarth was the first thing that popped into my head so there you go.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I could listen to Kings of Leon for eternity. I have so many nice memories associated with almost all of their songs at this point.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    That's difficult. I have many bands I wouldn't want to live without sorta. But Coldplay, maybe. I might change my mind at some point, but for now I can live with saying Coldplay. So sue me :3

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    The Jimi Hendrix Experience. The mark that man has left on my life is like a dried stain on the bottom of a white shirt. His music has shown me how to love and how to see the beauty in a dark world. I'd probably be a pretty sour person if I never found his music.

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
    Years
  • Currently it's Amplifer.

Amplifier is from Manchester and have unique space-ish sounds that are so grat to listen to.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Dance Gavin Dance. Their music is diverse, and with the amount of singer changes you have enough variety.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
  • I think it's safe to say that I would choose Gotcharocka over the GazettE. <3 Just saying. Duckie/Jui is so cute... and I love his voice. <3 I'm serious though. These guys are like a fucking drug. I'm literally addicted to them. It's been nearly three days since I got into them, and I can't stop!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Rammstein; their lyrics and videos are incredibly poignant, often laden with social commentary. Most of the music I actually listen to, however, is accredited to sole composers and not bands. Among those, I would go for ZUN. He seems to have a pretty carefree attitude that reflects in his distinctive and technically impressive (afaik) style, which is almost always upbeat and full of trumpets. Trumpets! It's worse than third generation Pokemon, really. My favourite track of his would be End of Daylight. 16-bit music is much better than 8-bit; quite a shame for the craze to be stuck with 8-bit.

Last edited:
    Back