• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you had to choose one game series to play with the rest of your life ONLY

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Agghh... this is tough. I'm tempted to say the Pokémon series because it has such a variety of games, but I'm pretty sure the OP means the main strand of each series, so the spin-offs wouldn't count. XD;

So in that case, I think I have to say the Tales of series. Replayability is great in that series because the characters are (almost always) so endearing. Even if the plot isn't the greatest and it lags in areas, the characters are so interesting and there are so many insane sidequests and ways to get 100% completion that they keep you interested for ages.

I'd like to say Kingdom Hearts, but it just doesn't have the appeal. The characters in-game get pretty bland (I love fandom's take on them, though... usually), the plot is great the first time, but as you play through it more and more, it gets less fun. That and it's so easy to get completion. D: I mean, maybe not in the sense that you can do it without breaking a sweat, but as far as sidequests go? I still only have 100 hours in Final Mix+ and I only have one more thing to do before the game sees it as 100% completion. :| And gummi ship stuff is almost done too so... what do I do after that? 8( It just wouldn't keep me satisfied for "the rest of my life." D:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I would choose the Mario series. In fact, I don't know how many times I have played the three Paper Marios, but I still love them. And since there usually are one or two "big games" released each year, I think it would be enough for me.

Urser

Fakemon Designer!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2007
    Definately the Legend of Zelda, Counter Strike or Smash Bros.

There are no better games out there, but if I had to choose one it would probably be Counter Strike.

As much as I love Smash Bros, Counter Strike just has constant replayability due to its easy online play and customisable maps and modes. Legend of Zelda is a really close third, I guess.​

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    If I can only choose one, I'll stop playing games forever.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    As awesome as Pokémon is, I'd say Kingdom Hearts. I've loved the series ever since I first played Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories and I honestly can't imagine growing tired of it. Heck, I've played through the first game at least seven times by now and I still want to play through the game again, and right now, I'm on my ninth CoM playthrough, but shamefully, I've only played Kingdom Hearts II through three times. (One time as level 1 using an Action Replay code to get the No Experience ability. =D)

I've spent several hundred hours playing Kingdom Hearts games (and yes, I actually think I have a life. =O) and I'm 100% sure 358/2 Days will make me waste hundreds of more hours. So yeah, Kingdom Hearts ftw!

Back