• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you were a time traveller...

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    Having just watched my favorite Doctor Who (The Waters of Mars in case anyone actually cares), i wondered, where would you go if you was capable of traveling in time? What kind of time traveller would you be? Would you warn someone about the Archduke assassination and stop WW1? Or would you be the kind of person who would sit and watch with some popcorn and let history run its course? Or would you go to next wednesday for the lottery numbers?

For me, it would be lottery ticket, then i would observe loads of stuff. Try not to interfere much and find loads of different events and experiences, but knowing me i'll probably end up in the future more often than not.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
    Yeah same. I'd go to the future, see it and if I didn't like it I'd go back and kick something over and continue this cycle until the future pans out the way I like it (thats how the butterfly effect works folks!XD). I wouldn't meddle with the past, that could dangerously alter the present. If you're a fan of the C&C Red Alert series of rts computer games like I am you'll know of the dangers of altering the past.

Argh!!! Look behind you, its Stalin! LOL!:laugh:

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I wouldn't mess around with big historical events because I'm worried about blowing up the universe :pink_disbelief:, but I'd like to do some little things. I would probably go to a Michael Jackson concert, and also I'd like to see one of Shakespeare's plays, and get a portrait of myself by Vincent Van Gogh. Also, I'd like to meet my amazingly cute English teacher when he was 14 and go on a date with him, although I would need to be wearing a disguise or else he would recognize me when he grows up.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I'd go back and shoot Hitler right before he shot himself (if he really did.) That way I wouldn't mess with the future and I would have the satisfaction of killing him. :D

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
    I'd go back and shoot Hitler right before he shot himself (if he really did.) That way I wouldn't mess with the future and I would have the satisfaction of killing him. :D

Arrggghhhh NOO Stalin wil come!!!! :D That was what I was joking about earlier. The Red Alert series of games.

Starting off in 1946, at the Trinity site in New Mexico, the opening to Red Alert shows Albert Einstein as he is preparing to travel backwards through space and time. After his experimental "Chronosphere" device is activated, he finds himself in Landsberg, Germany, in the year 1924, where he meets a young Adolf Hitler just after the latter's release from Landsberg Prison. Following a brief conversation between the two, Einstein shakes Hitler's hand, with this somehow eliminating the man's existence from time and returning Einstein to his point of origin.
    With the threat of Nazi Germany having been successfully removed from history, the Soviet Union began to grow increasingly powerful under the rule of Joseph Stalin. Had Adolf Hitler risen to power, Nazi Germany would have emerged as a force standing in the way of Stalin's own ambitions of conquest. Instead, left unweakened, the USSR proceeds by seizing lands from China and then begins invading Eastern Europe, in order to achieve Joseph Stalin's vision of a Soviet Union stretching across the entire EurasianEurope landmass. In response, the nations of Europe form into the Alliance, and start a grim and desperate guerrilla war against the invading Soviet army. Over the course of the game's story, the Allies and Soviets fight out a devastating conflict for control over the European mainland, in what has become an alternate World War II.

Years
    I'd just go to specific events that happened in history and record what actually happened instead of changing things. The truth will finally be shined on a number of controversies and everyone will be happy.....maybe.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    Just go back and make sure I don't make the stupid mistakes I did in the past. And find some way to make myself filthy rich through time travel.
    Exactly this. Also, I would go back in time, and stop Movie makers from ever creating Film Adaptations of certain books. they really broke my heart. T_T

Go back to the Beginning of Time to observe it... XD

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I'll go back in time and stop myself from doing something stupid. I mean, would this really affect the course of time if I just changed my own past?

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    that would be cool to go back in time and alter history. if I didn't like the results I would just go back in time and change it.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I'm sure everyone who had the ability to time travel would have a little curiosity to alter what they did in the past. Yes, you may think of the risk of changing the present and future, however it's just that natural instinct that would make us go for the chance anyway. Time traveling would be like a gift for someone, but that one person would have to know how to use it with caution. Unfortunately, a gift so precious would only want a natural being to use it in the wrong way sometimes. :\

As for myself, I wouldn't deny wanting to go back in the past and stop myself from making those fatal or stupid errors I once did before. Using the time travel ability to make myself better in the future would only be normal, like the majority have already said. There would be times I would travel to the future as well to make sure I do the right things in the present to do better for myself as well.

Going into the future, I would see where I am in the next x number of years. I would see what I am and who I'm with. Time traveling would be something very cool indeed and it isn't something that hasn't crossed my mind before. Such a simple gift, yet so many benefits and faults all in the same mix.

The one thing I would enjoy having the capability to time travel with is going back in time to visit those memorable moments. The time I spent with family before they passed away, my first kiss, the friends I left after being forced to.

... Going back to those times where you just wish you could rewind time and time again.

Ayselipera

I was just talking about this the other day. :)

Well I have a few time periods I'm dying to go to. I'd love to live in 1920s America, 1950s America, and 1960s America. I just love the culture of all those time periods. Plus I would LOVE to go back to 1969 and make it in time for Woodstock. I'm also slightly interested in going back to the 1700s in Europe, but not as much as the other time periods.

I wouldn't try to warn anyone or stop history while I'm in those time periods. Whatever has happened in the past should be left alone. Time has it's own course and I wouldn't feel right changing it. I would just live in the moment.

Years
    I would probably just destroy the time machine itself.. I think it would cause more problems then good, honestly. :/

ÇyänïdëÉX

Dr.banana
    Years
    I would go back into the future ahahah jk i mean i would go around 20-30 years into the future to steal technology and bring it back here and make life more chaotic..then i would go 100 years into the future and stay there.

Shedinja8

Niger, atrum vel malum. Sumo.
    Years
    I would go to all the funny parts and watch them over and over again (Like for example that one time Bush got a shoe throne at him...), of course though, if I saw something that isn't exactly corresponding with what we "believe" is what really happend I would try and change it. (Ex. The U.S. lose the American Revolution.) Of course thats the thing with time travel. If you mess with something in the past, are you messing up history or are you making it so that events acually happen that happend before?

Oh yeah, also I'd find all my enemies from before I met them, drop kick them them then say "You'll get why I did that later."

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    ...I'm trying hard to resist making any references to or jokes about Back to the Future, Futurama, or time-traveling Japanese school girls (there are a lot, if you think about it).

If I had the power to leap through... er, travel through time, I would probably kill my past self kill my grandfather sleep with my grandmother, thus becoming my own grandfather not use it. While it's possible that anything that I did would just bring about the history we already know (aka, the predestination paradox), I wouldn't want to risk it. It's possible that just my being there could drastically alter the events of the world, for better or worse. However, while this world isn't exactly the greatest place, I don't hate it so much that I'd risk destroying it to potentially make it better; there are plenty of things I can do right now that would make it better without risking such a thing.

EIGHTY EIGHT MILES PER HOUR!

Like for example that one time Bush got a shoe throne at him...
    Clearly you didn't look closely enough. It wasn't actually a shoe.
    Spoiler:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Since I'm assuming the time travel hypothesis you are talking about is the one where you can actually change events, but not to the scale of the butterfly effect, I wouldn't do anything major except maybe get a few old artifacts and sell them for millions. Changing my own future so I wouldn't make the same stupid mistakes would make me ignorant of the consequences. I'd never learn from my mistakes that way. Killing Hitler or making Al gore win the elections could lead to a future even worse than today. If I went only a thousand years forward, maybe aliens would enslave me(illogical and improbable, but still possible.) This is also not mentioning that the time machine may break down at any given time, or that there will be accidents that will lead to my death.

However, if I had the ability to see what changed in the future, then I would definitely do whatever I could to make the future better for everyone.

Back