• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen If you were asked to promote the games...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    A different direction from the threads I normally make here, I guess.

If a Game Freak employee came to you, and asked you to help promote Black and White - only concentrating on one feature, what would that be and why? Is it because you think that feature would draw the most attention to the games?

How would you promote it? TV advertising campaign, online Youtube videos, viral emails, up to you!

And finally, if it's something that occurs more than once in the games, which part would you use in the promotion material? In other words, if you were promoting Triple Battles, which Triple Battle would you use, or seasons, which season would you show images/gameplay of? Etc. :D

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Well, if I were to promote the games, I wolud concentrate on the fact that there is an actual storyline this time. Maybe a TV commercial will work. If I'm going to promote the storyline, I'll be using the images from anything involving, well, you know who. N, was it?

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I'd use TV commercials and YouTube promotions. I mean, by using these two ways I could potentially make everyone play Pokemon. Make a really catchy tune, one that would get stuck in your head for a long time, and a nice complimenting video then you've got yourself a TV commercial. And YouTube promotions...is like the commercials except that you talk. Pretty much like vLogging. :D

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    Like ♪Twiggy♪, I'd probably concentrate on the actual story, maybe interspersed with some shots of the spectacular Unovan sights: Sky Arrow Bridge, Castelia City, Chargestone Cavern, you know, the usual trailer fodder.

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
  • Show them this:
    emolga.jpg

IT'S SO FLUFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFY!

sogoplaypokemonblackandwhite[:

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    I would have them get their own YouTube channel (4Kids and Funimation have one to promote their work, so Game Freak should too. Than I would have them do advertisements like they have in Japan, for the stuff like Wi-Fi events, Dream World, etc.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I think I came up with the perfect ad.

Hello, ladies, look at your man, and now back to me. Now back to your man, and now back to me. Sadly, he isn't me, but if he stopped playing things like Call of Duty and Halo, he could be a Pokemon Trainer like me.

Look down, back up, where are you? You're surfing on a Jellicent with the Trainer your man could game like.

What's in your hand? Back at me. I have a Dwebble shell with two tickets to that Pokemon Musical thing you love. Look at it again, the tickets are now solid gold Nuggets. Anything is possible when your man plays Pokemon Black and White versions and not that silly FPS garbage.

I'm on a Zebstrika.

*cut to game footage*

This commercial would sell millions, I guarantee it.
    I'm on a horse.

Cookiez

The Shining Light
    Years
  • I think I came up with the perfect ad.

Hello, ladies, look at your man, and now back to me. Now back to your man, and now back to me. Sadly, he isn't me, but if he stopped playing things like Call of Duty and Halo, he could be a Pokemon Trainer like me.

Look down, back up, where are you? You're surfing on a Jellicent with the Trainer your man could game like.

What's in your hand? Back at me. I have a Dwebble shell with two tickets to that Pokemon Musical thing you love. Look at it again, the tickets are now solid gold Nuggets. Anything is possible when your man plays Pokemon Black and White versions and not that silly FPS garbage.

I'm on a Zebstrika.

*cut to game footage*

I'm on a horse.

Then I Would Want To Buy It! ~3~

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2024
    I would go to my local shopping centre, set up a huge stage, have two DS's on opposite sides of the stage with a wireless triple battle on each. Then whoever wants to play can against whoever is on the other side of the stage, plus copies of all the games in glass cases in the middle to pick out if they decide to buy them.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I would use commercials. It would start with a quote by N, screen entirely black and quote comes up:
    "I... want to see things no one can see. The truths of Pokémon inside Poké Balls. The ideals of how Trainers should be. And a future where Pokémon have become perfect... Do you feel the same?"
    Right after that it would zoom through a few scenes of Unova like walking across Sky Arrow Bridge, walking through the crowd in Castelia Street, across the broken tree logs in Pinwheel Forest, in desert on route 4, on the roller coaster in Elesa's gym, and tiny glimpse of a pokemon battle..Then from there I'd take from the English commercial and you'd see "Start From a New Beginning" , and finally you'd see Zekrom and Reshiram's shadows and hear their cries before the screen finally says "Pokemon: Black & White" fades away "Coming March 6th."

Years
  • If I were to promote one thing about Black and White, it would be the Skyarrow Bridge.

It's such a daze to look at when you see your character biking down that long bridge to and from Castelia city.

I would promote it by showing game clips AND by making a scale model of the bridge!

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • If I were to advertise the games for Gamefreak (lazy asses), I'd probably focus on N and the rest of Team Plasma, or just showing that clip at the beginning of the games. Or boobs, because sex sells. :p

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    If i would promote the 5th generation pokemon games then i would likely promote the graphical changes like the moving sprites during pokemon battles, season changes and the appearance change of some pokemons, especially of course the huge change of 3d graphics over the other pokemon games.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I'd probably use that mini-cutscene thing they have before the game starts showing N's coronation followed by some anime footage created especially for the advert with some of his more profound/deep lines in the game subtitled in.
    After that, cut to Skyarrow bridge with the Gym Leader Final Pokémon music and flash up clips from Player vs N cutscene with Reshiram/Zekrom doing their thing.

I liked the adverts they had pre-release where they had people (most likely actors but still) in their late teens talking about their favourite Pokémon from when they were kids and showed footage from the first two generations. It showed they're target audience has started to shift. Or was that HGSS, I can't remember.

Pkmn Trainer Touko

King N's Queen
    Years
  • I'd focus on the plot and the new Pokemon!

Probably have weekly youtube/video shows in costume.

Like this

s640x480

Would probably get other cosplayers to be apart of it! What better way to promote the series than by having the actual characters brought to life promoting it?

-Castiel-

Reign Of Fire
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    Touko thats really good!

Well there could be many ways to promote the games

I mean as many have said many youtube videos of certain parts of the games.
    Tv advertisements showing the battles the graphic changes and more maybe ending the advert with the Reshiram Movie Scene were he unleashes fire and Howls.

Or having a Nintendo event not like the usual Give aways. a proper event were everyone can come and involve themselves in a tournament. with prizes.
    Also players playing the games in these tournaments the battle would be shown on a big screen for the whole place to view.

Or say people to walk around your town square Wearing big pokemon outfits! like Pikachu or Axew

Or make Ice cream soley devoted to pokemon! like say ice lolies and theyre shaped like vanillite with the wrapper looking like vanillite!

Leaflets through doors as such!
    Or
    Making special offers with Random popular games like Call of Duty and Dead Space 2!
    Say you buy Call of duty and get half price on Pokemon black or white!

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • I think I came up with the perfect ad.

I'm on a Zebstrika.

*cut to game footage*

I'm on a horse.

omg, if that was real i would go out and buy the games for a second time. lol

Back