• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

if you were having trouble starting a bonfire, what fire Pokemon would you call on

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
  • if you were having trouble starting a bonfire, what fire Pokemon would you call on to help you get things going?

I would use a Moltres, it could blow fire onto the wood pile to get the fire started...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'd use Larvesta as my bonfire starter because I might have a hard time using Pokemon like Charizard to start a fire (since its flames are too strong and might end up causing a forest fire).

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    A small Pokémon would do the trick, I'd probably use a Pokémon like Vulpix.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • Arcanine seeing as how it is my favorite pokemon of all time. I would let it keep the fire going all night :P

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2018
    Charizard, mostly because this thread made me remember an old episode of pokemon. It's the one where charizard starts to trust ash because ash helped keep it warm or something. The details are a bit fuzzy, but it was a great episode.

flubbateios

Ho-oh with Sacred Fire, that would be pretty awesome

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    i would choose Charmeleon
    But all fire types can light a fire :P

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • By far the best option would be to choose a Pokemon that is fairly small and either not very powerful or able to execute good control over its flame. For this I would use Torchic, and have it use Ember at various points in the pile of wood. The point of a bonfire is to burn lots of things, yeah, but you wanna enjoy it too, right? If you use a really powerful Pokémon, you're just gonna end up with a pile of ash after two seconds of flame. Sure, it started the fire- but it ended it pretty quickly too.

Althea

[For Sale]
    Years
  • The only time I would ever have trouble starting a bonfire would be if the material I was using was soaking wet, so I think I'd call upon Groudon, for Drought. I don't think I'd want it to use Fire Blast, unless I was feeling especially vindictive...and I think having it use Eruption to start a bonfire would be a little suicidal. Besides, I like starting my own fires~

Back