• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

if you were having trouble starting a bonfire, what fire Pokemon would you call on

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
  • The only time I would ever have trouble starting a bonfire would be if the material I was using was soaking wet, so I think I'd call upon Groudon, for Drought. I don't think I'd want it to use Fire Blast, unless I was feeling especially vindictive...and I think having it use Eruption to start a bonfire would be a little suicidal. Besides, I like starting my own fires~

Wow! You'll call an Ancient Powerful Huge Groudon so that you can only benefit from a simple drought and light a simple fire? LOL, I love these Ideas :)

As for me I would choose Heatran (From Team Rocket's Fantasy) an average Pokemon such as A Mid-Evolution of a Fire Starter. Such as Charmeleon, Monferno, Combusken...Calling out an overpowered evolved pkmn for lighting up a simple fire bugs me :/

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • Vulpix <33 Or maybe even Altaria :DDD I don't see the point of using a strong/large/legendary pokemon such as Ho-Oh to start a bonfire because even normal fire types will be able to start a fire. :/

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Charmander. Just turn around and light it with it's tail. Much less complicated than others are making it out to be.

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2015
    Charizard came immediately to mind, but then I remembered it's Red/Blue dex entry that said that it sometimes starts forest fires unintentionally... So I'd go with something smaller and less dangerous like Vulpix.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    I think I'd go with a Charmander, just because it could light the fire by turning around and using the tip of it's tail to set the wood ablaze.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Slugma.
    You wouldn't even have to use a move, just have the slugma crawl onto anything and watch it burst into flames.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
    Years
  • Swinub, hands down. Lol JK.
    But I'd probably go with... Cyndaquil, 'cause I like Cyndaquil.
    He could just go over there and start the fire, then we could cuddle in the nice heat.

Years
  • I'd use the beautiful purple flames of Litwick, Lampent and Chandelure.

Otherwise, I'd have a Tepig use its snout fire to light it up.

Whitefire321

Person that sprites. Woo hoo.
    Years
  • Reshiram. lv 100 Reshy used ember. half a city burns down. WIN.

... seriously. but if in a forest, and i DONT want stuff to burst into flames [like, my backyard?] i would use... BABY RESHIRAM Zoroark. What? It can learn flamethrower :\ [if it HAS to be a fire type, then idk. i dont use fire types often. or at all, in white. i used the zebra with... ah... heat step? i PCed it forever ago so :L]

Back