• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you were in the Pokemon world, what would you do?

Minun172

Still waiting for a new Mega Man game.
Years
  • I got this idea from my various dreams where I was imposed into the world of Pokemon (specifically the Hoenn region).

So if you were in the world of POKEMON, would you be a Pokemon? A human? If you're a Pokemon, will you try to build your own rescue team? Do you want to become the strongest Pokemon in your area? If you're a human, would you run your own gym? Go all Brock-like on your Pokemon waifu? Will you explore all regions?

Basically, what would you do in this fantasy version of planet Earth if you were somehow transported?

For me, I would be that kind of human who would easily befriend wild Pokemon without ranger devices or Pokeballs. Besides, I believe that Oak is lying to us. We only fight them in tall grasses because we startled them with our Pokeballs, which is what all Pokemon fear the most. IRL, I seem to get along with dogs and cats easily than others. Dawn is my favorite trainer so I would probably try to get Dawn to like me as a good friend. I could probably also watch her do battles with her Pokemon since I won't be doing any Pokemon catching. Hehe, sorry. I just wanna keep Pokemon like pets. I think they'd be good pets IMO. They're smarter than real world animals, most of them react very human like, and some also understand English very well.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • I think I'd be a Furfrou (or any Pokemon) groomer! Perhaps also a breeder (on a small scale) on the side.

I also prefer the idea of keeping Pokemon as pets, rather than simply battlers.

Minun172

Still waiting for a new Mega Man game.
    Years
  • I think I'd be a Furfrou (or any Pokemon) groomer! Perhaps also a breeder (on a small scale) on the side.

I also prefer the idea of keeping Pokemon as pets, rather than simply battlers.

One of the professors (I believe it was Oak) stated that people also kept them as pets but unfortunately that idea hasn't been worked on until gen 6 (and technically gen 3 with the contests) and even then that feature still forced you to use them for battle.

Years
  • As fun as it would be to say that I would be a Gym Leader or a great trainer or something, my life probably wouldn't be all that different- I'd just have a Pokemon or two instead. If there was a local Gym or something I might try challenging them, but I don't think I'd be a regular battler.

If I decided to have a career based on Pokemon though, I think I'd like to be a Pokemon photographer. Whether it be in the wild or in battle, it'd be cool to capture the best (and worst) that the Pokemon had to offer.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • I would totally aim to be a Fairy type gym leader, or at the very least become a Fairy type coordinator.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I like raising Pokémon, particularly those that are Grass Type so I will be either a Pokémon Breeder or Aroma Lady.

I don't think I'd be having a lot of battles but I would enter my main Pokémon Lilligant in Contests. :)

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    As cool as imagining being a super strong trainer is, if I were actually in the Pokémon world I'd probably end up as a researcher of some kind. I'm more interested in technology in this life, so I can see it being the same in a Pokémon life.

Last edited:

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • I also would like to think I'd be a battler but most likely I would just be someone who would just travel the regions with a team of around 8 Pokemon that I am very close with and rotate around to take in the beauty of the world. I would still do the Gym Challenge but I would also look at other competitions, like the ones Ash competed in. Just enjoy what the Pokemon world has to offer!

I would also definitely befriend Misty, May and Max, having them as traveling buddies!

Years
  • I'd travel the world and keep all of my Pokemon with me simultaneously. I'd treat them as friends rather than pets, I'm pretty sure they are sentient. In the anime they can even learn to talk by themselves, and I like to think about this fact as canon.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • I'd straight up travel everywhere I can.

I love camping, hiking, etc. It seems like people lodge for free at Pokémon Centers, too.

Pokémon Center surf my way through.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I'd find a way to become a Pokemon and then do it. Somebody someone has to have made the technology, or perhaps there's a Pokemon with the power to do this. Preferably, I'd become a Braixen or some Psychic-type. Then I'd go around being some kind of interpreter for other Pokemon like Meowth from the anime.

If I had to be a human, I'd probably be some kind of professor's assistant and have three Pokemon only. Because I wouldn't want to have my love and attention spread too far between all of them.

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
    Years
  • I would also likely be a trainer, if not an adventurer. Perhaps I would travel the world with some close friends and our Pokemon. If there were Gyms, I would likely challenge a few here or there.

I'm more like Shauna in the regards of wanting the experience as a whole. Though, I wouldn't turn a blind eye to Mega Pokemon.

girlslikegirls

gamer, book lover, geek-nerd extraordinar
    Years
    • US
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    I'd definitely be a Gym Leader who specializes in Grass Pokemon. If Virtual Reality becomes commercialized to the point of making Pokemon Go a thing, that's the first thing I'm going to set out to do. I'd dedicate my life to mastering Grass type Pokemon and setting up a refuge for them where they can battle if they want, or have a safe place -- like what Wulfric did in Pokemon X.

Years
  • If i was in the world of pokemon then you would have to make a double battle against Cynthia because i'm gonna be her pair :) (love pair shh....) and fight me! Cynthia:Send out Garchomp Me: Send out........ Player:Oh no what is gonna come? Me:Audino! Result:Rofl!

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • be a human of course
    get a kick ass party with the strongest badasses ever
    win a lot of battles, earn a lot of money that way
    and then become one of the most powerful and a rich ass cutyfaker :pink_giggle:​

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • I'd probably just do the same thing that I do IRL: research Pokémon. I mean there's so much stuff under the hood, above the stars, beyond one's wildest imagination and all those nifty idioms but there you get to live it first-person.

That and raise a small Nidoran army for my own nefarious purposes, which include but are not limited to spread around the love for the glorious Nidoran race.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    If I were being honest, I'd probably be a downright nightmare. A little bit of power and I'd probably become quite a trickster. Especially if I had psychic powers and lived in Orre where they clearly don't have easy access to Pokemon and probably wouldn't be able to combat my powers easily.

I think I would like gym leaders but I can't imagine being one. You're too confined to your city.

Years
  • It's interesting but I think I'd probably end up as a coordinator or a performer of some kind. I imagine you could do some amazingly beautiful and creative things with pokemon and their abilities and as I'm a dancer IRL that sort of thing really appeals to me.

Back