• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you were mod for a day...

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    ...what would you do during that day?

This question relates [???=And mods... you don't need to post.]to PC only[/???]. Do not talk about other forums. Thank you.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    I'd do the obvious mod stuff, ie moving threads to the right section, closing pointless threads, deleting bad posts, and infracting if someone's really gotten out of hand.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Just a day? :\ Well there isn't much trouble in the sections where I usually am so a day is pointless. I guess I'd just admire how awesome my name looks in Bold blue like the '07 April fools. All I'd do is end up closing a thread or two. Then again I've always wondered how it feels to wave the Magical Closing Wand~... oh wait, nah, it's not that awesome. I've done it elsewhere before :(

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I would revel in the fact that I'd only have to do reports from one forum. n_n

And then I would move this to OVP because it fits better there.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Mod for a day. I would use my powers to infract everyone and move and close everything if I don't like it muahahahaha.

Nah but seriously I would do what I do everyday on PC as I'm hardly on anyway because of my new job :P.

Years
    I would change OVP for the better.
    1. Replace the OVP rules with "worship sammi-san".
    2. In that vein, make an announcement about how awesome I am and how I would be the best OVP mod of all time.
    3. Ban all the people I didn't like, giving them completely random ban reasons (assuming that I'd have custom infractions).
    4. Lock all the threads that were older than a month old, because the thought of the mods having to un-lock them all again is hilarious.
    5. Edit the posts of random members, just because I can.
    6. Spam up the mod sections. (Okay so this doesn't change OVP but whatever.)
    7. See if I'd get demoted before my 24 hours were up for all of the above.

...in a dream world with no consequences, anyway. Most likely if it did happen I'd just be a good little mod and do work for a day. Even if I don't want to. Seriously, what's the point of only modding for a day, anyway? :s

But I wouldn't get banned for it, I would seriously consider doing all the irresponsible things I couldn't do as a mod. Just to shake things up for a day. 8) PC is so boring lately! Of course I still wouldn't do it, simply because I have a conscious.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I would revel in the fact that I'd only have to do reports from one forum. n_n

And then I would move this to OVP because it fits better there.

Thanks! It took me a while to figure out where to post. First it was "Life, The Universe, And Everything", then the Community "Questions & Feedback" forum, then "Other Chat".

For me, I'd try to talk to Rukario to try and extend my time. XD

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I would clean out all the spammers, rude posts, and hang out the in the Staff threads xD

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Permaban all of the new noobs (and usual suspects) in the Black & White section who fail at reading comprehension. Then I might actually be able hang around there again without braining myself against my keyboard.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I'd abuse my power and laugh at the people who suddenly kiss my ass because I became a mod.

I'd be a pretty terrible moderator.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    If I was a mod, I wouldn't post in this thread because I'd be too busy doing mod things.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    Do my job.

Close some threads, answer reports, hand out infractions where necessary.

It's not like asking 'If you were God for a day...', you're just given slightly more power and other things at the cost of some form of responsibility.

The only different thing I'd do is ask for my name to revert to normal and the mod bar removed so I can post in DLTMSA without 0ing it. >_>

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Probably the same things I did when I was a mod a long time ago, closing pointless threads, moving threads where they go, deleting spam posts, everything short of infracting people (that wasn't around way back then. XD)

...and most importantly, spamming up the moderator lounge. :P

Back