• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If your Pokemon could hold two items...

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Which would you choose?

Can't be the same type of item, for example, can't have a Splash Plate and Mystic water on a water pokemon

I'd say give Pikachu a Light Ball and Eviolite

or give a Super Luck Unfezent a Scope Lens and Sharp Beak

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Ah, but it would make tournaments so much more fun and complex

as if a level 5 Tailow with a Focus Sash, Endeaver and Quick Attack wasn't?

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    For me it would really depend on the situation. If I were EV training I would probably equip both a Macho Brace and a Power Item so I could yield up to 28 EV's per defeat. However, if I were battling I would do something similar to the two posters above me. During regular gameplay I probably wouldn't attach any at all, as I rarely attach one item as it is now.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Pretty game-breaking, like Sydian said.

Anyway, Leftovers + Life Orb for me, since Leftovers will slightly restore the HP that LO drains away.

And if I'm EV training, 2 Power items would be best.

WasSollDas

Fighting / Psychic ROOLZ!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    That would be quite interesting, but it could also turn out to be extremely confusing.

For example, let's say Heatran has TWO balloons. The other trainer sees that Heatran has a balloon and pops the first one. Then it trys to use earthquake when he realizes that the Heatran has ANOTHER balloon. If the trainer was me, I would really go nuts.

I think I would go for:
    -double balloon
    -double rest-chesto
    -life orb + leftovers (this is probably going to be the most popular one)

Also, how would trick work if a pokemon has two items?

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    You wouldn't be able to equip two items that do the same thing, like 2 Life Orbs or two items that boost a stat, like two Choice items

the LO and Leftovers seems like a good combo though

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • That would be pretty awesome :D I actually though of it yesterday!
    It would also help in in-game training... you could equip Lucky Egg and some boosting item =)
    I would love to have Lucky Egg + Metronome on my Lucario xD
    And Life Orb + Leftrovers simply rocks =D

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • When training Pokemon, having a Lucky Egg in addition to any other item that might be used on a critter - like an anti-Poison berry if you're fighting a lot of Poison critters or something similar. The Lucky Egg is probably my favourite item, and just combining it with something else can only result in good times.

Mystical Mermaid

Resident Mermaid
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    I'm sure there'd be some potential game-breaking item combinations if this was done. One way to balance it out might be for each Pokemon to have an "Accessory" slot and a "Berry" slot so that you're limited to one of each kind of item.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    Lucky Egg and Exp. Share might work for a ton of easy experience when levelling up someone particularly weak.
    I was also thinking maybe a Choice item and Metronome could work in tandem with each other?

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    Soul Dew and Choice Specs on a Latios or Latias. Latrollolololol

Years
  • No one has said Lucky Egg + Lucky Egg yet? For battling purposes I'd probably use the item that raises critical hit ratio (scope lens?) and probably just the stab-raising item or whatever those hold items are called haha. As you can tell I'm not very much into competitive battling.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • You always gotta have leftovers and the other one would be an item that increases that certain pokemons move types.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I came up with this Eviolite-holding Scyther build based around using Fury Cutter and Reversal. With the addition of a Wide Lens, the former move's 5% chance to miss wouldn't randomly screw the whole thing over.

Can't be the same type of item, for example, can't have a Splash Plate and Mystic water on a water pokemon
    Why not? The effects should stack.

Back