• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ignored Pokemon You Keep On Your Team

Bamboo Basara

Pokemon Historian
    Years
    What generally ignored/under used Pokemon do you keep on your team?

I always have my Corsola with me. He's become one of my favorite Pokemon.

I also used a Swalot on my Pearl version, who ended up being incredibly powerful. I never understood why so many people shunned such a useful Pokemon.

holdmykidney

Riddled with pokerus
    Years
    I always take my Kingler Tlk2DaClaw with me for gym and trainer battles. I taught him CrabHammer really early on and always have him hold the wide lens to overcome Crabhammer's low accuracy. Works pretty well.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    For me, Persian & I don't normally see anyone using Pidgeot :V

I have Pidgeot on HeartGold, Yellow, LeafGreen, and Diamond. :( I use it.

And I would have to say...Smeargle<3 I always do try to use Pokemon no one else uses though. I want to be able to say I've used every Pokemon at least once for in-game runs. That'd be awesome. :)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Nosepass and Probopass. I only know one other person who's legitimately trained one. n_n;;

Also Cherrim is widely ignored, except by people who know me and it's on every single one of my teams in 4th gen+. :s

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
    Does Crobat counts? I usualy have one. I always caught a Zubat in the beggining of the games and keep it in my party, but I don't train it. Then, when I'm the last gyms, I start to train it and it evolves to Crobat very fast.

AeonWolf

do the monster meteor mash
    Years
    my Shiny lv62 Donphan sees very little use although I take him almost everywhere I go. he knows Giga Impact, Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, and Earthquake. The only time I ever use him anymore is when I rematch PKMN Trainer Red.

chickenofunity

Confused Chicken
    Years
    Gorebyss is one of my favourites, and not many people use it. I also really love Roselia, Minun and Zigzagoon. Ziggy just sits in my party and looks cute most of the time though, cus Linoone annoys me. :P

Garrabutártulo

A wild Garrabutártulo appears!
    Years
    I have Slowbro (I liked that little slopoke walking behind me...), Golem and Ampharos (poor Amphy... he was f***ed when game freak gave each pokémon a moveset)

I like them!

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I have this Slowking that I rarely use anymore. At first, when I evolved him, he was the only Pokemon that I use. Now that he is ten levels higher than the rest of my team, I had to put him in my PC Storage Box until my other Pokemons could catch up. Besides, Politoed will always be my favorite Surfer Pokemon!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lol. Togetic. It was my Togepi egg on HeartGold, now I just cart her around. She evolved after I let her finally gain some experience, by instantly switching her out against the Red Gyarados. So, she's only just hit lv.10.

I also use my Sunflora! I chose Sunkern over my Gloom (who was going to be Bellossom), as he's actually, stat-wise, the weakest pokemon ever! But he's so cute! Sintaro is now a lv.28 Sunflora, helping out a lot. I think hardly anybody uses him....

Also, Quagsire! I hated him for years, and I'm sure many people do. However, he does have his fans, so I don't know if he counts....

I once carted around a Zigzagoon on Emerald too....I always nickname one "Ziggyzoom" and keep him for as long as possible. Mainly because it was the first pokemon I caught on Emerald when I first got it....a bit like "Gullywings" the Wingull.....

Back