• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ignoring

xVaporeonx

Catwoman
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2016
    We are all guilty of it. I know I have done this on purpose because I didn't want to be bothered with something or I avoided the person so I didn't risk hurting their feelings. When was the last time you ignored someone and why did you do it?

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I've ignored a coworker on more than one occasion during lunch since I'm reading, and he doesn't understand that when I'm reading I don't want to be disturbed. He'll be reading some news on his phone, make a grunting sound or shift positions, hoping someone will look at him, where the eye contact will be made. Once the eyes meet, he tells them about some news article he just read, and will then proceed to tell them each and every one he reads.

Not really that tiresome, but I rely on my lunch to recharge a little bit, and I can't do that if he's constantly telling me about random stuff. So I don't let him set up that line of communication in the first place, where I just normally listen to music, and I'm left in peace.

pkmin3033

Ignoring people is my preferred method of expressing my displeasure at them these days. It drives them wild, isn't particularly difficult, and it communicates the message immediately. Although I have to be quite irritated to do it these days...if I ignored people every time they annoyed me, I'd be perpetually mute.

The last time I ignored someone was early last month, and it was - predictably - my mother, because her childish conspiracy theories about how my life and my father's revolve around her wore a little too thin on my nerves. She's ignoring me right now because I didn't do something she wanted this morning, in fact, and she's probably going to ignore me for most of the week following next as well, because I will not be doing something she wants me to do. She's so predictable sometimes that it's quite amusing. We go through long periods of barely talking to one another though; it's business as usual.

Online I ignore people all the time, although that's mostly because I'm either too busy to respond or don't notice them. Flashing windows tend to get buried in other flashing windows, and if I don't reply to messages straight away when I see the notification I usually forget to.

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
    Years
    We must think alike because I made a thread on ignoring a while ago! X)

Anyway I don't deliberately ignore people unless they're harassing me. I usually say hi to people who say hi, and I try to be friendly at all times so I have to really dislike something about someone in order for me to ignore them deliberately and that would require a good reason. Now that I think about it I'm more likely to ignore my own friends before I ignore a stranger because sometimes my friends will talk to me too much. Just yesterday at lunch I wanted to listen to my music (I'm a huge music lover) and my friend kept trying to talk to me even though I clearly had my music turned on, and I pretty much walked away.

Years
    Sometimes I just don't want to talk and want to be left to my own devices. On those days I completely ignore my texts, IMs etc and don't seek any IRL interaction either. It's nice to have me time.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    We must think alike because I made a thread on ignoring a while ago! X)

Anyway I don't deliberately ignore people unless they're harassing me. I usually say hi to people who say hi, and I try to be friendly at all times so I have to really dislike something about someone in order for me to ignore them deliberately and that would require a good reason. Now that I think about it I'm more likely to ignore my own friends before I ignore a stranger because sometimes my friends will talk to me too much. Just yesterday at lunch I wanted to listen to my music (I'm a huge music lover) and my friend kept trying to talk to me even though I clearly had my music turned on, and I pretty much walked away.

You must hate me a lot! >:) Jkjk

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
    I don't like ignoring people, and when I do, it's most of the time not deliberate or on purpose. The last time it was deliberate was to my ex-girlfriend and her mother and it was earlier this year. I'm pretty much tired talking about this persistent psychopathic stalker and her bigoted mother, so I'm just gonna say that I was and I still am ignoring them because they were just being annoying, they were stalking me, they are not the nicest of people, they were creepy, and they are cruel and sick people.

Years
    I tend to ignore strangers a lot, especially in public or on the bus because I just don't like to talk irl. I used to be very talkative until I discovered it annoys people and now it annoys me when people are. I don't like strangers just randomly talking to me.
    When it comes to friends and loved ones though, I generally don't.

Super Prism

Sylveon Enthusiast
    Years
    I try really hard not to do this since it would tear me up if someone did it to me... But... There's one person I have been ignoring lately XP. It's for good reason, though. Basically this girl is extremely toxic, judgemental, and she hits on me even though I've made it painfully clear that I'm not into women. Since I hate hurting people's feelings, I've just been avoiding her. I- I should probably just tell her what I think, she deserves it at this point.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I don't ignore people, but I do ignore my phone a lot, just because I'm too lazy to type an answer message to people. I'm ignoring someone right now, really because I just hate socializing through mobile.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I ignore people that I can't deal with. I probably did a few days ago when I couldn't answer someone? Yeah. I feel like people ignore ME a lot, so, all is fair, I suppose.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    I don't ignore people, but I do ignore my phone a lot, just because I'm too lazy to type an answer message to people. I'm ignoring someone right now, really because I just hate socializing through mobile.
    I have that same problem - I ignore people who text me more than I'd like to. It's not that what people have to say to me isn't important or uninteresting, I just might not think an immediate response is all that necessary. Apparently people see that as me ignoring them, so I suppose I should work on that.

Other than that, I often ignore customers at work if I'm really busy... I know that sounds awful, but honestly if I get any more distracted nothing gets done and then I have multiple people unsatisfied and angry in comparison to perhaps one or two.

Lucid

I just didn't feel like talking, nothing angry or anything, I was just tired or didn't wanna talk.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    Most of my ignoring happens when ~I forget to respond to messages~ when I'm tired and not up for dealing with someone who I know will get pretty long winded.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    anyone who knows me will tell you that i can be really bad about replying. most of the time i'll read messages, hear my reply in thoughts, then close without responding. it's never any fault of the other party, i don't ignore unless i'm really upset and that doesn't happen often. luckily my friends are pretty talkative so it makes my life easier.

i'm kinda quiet, but i promise that i hang on every word.

Last edited:

Nuclearkiller42

A pig in a cage on antibiotics
    Years
    I ignore people greeting me quite often. It's usually very awkward and I don't know what to say so I just stay quiet. On the internet though I rarely ignore anybody as I have more time to think what to say and I don't have to actually talk.

Back