• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen I'll Be (Re)playing...

Which Version Will you be Playing on the Virtual Console?

• Red

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blue

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Yellow

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • All of Them

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • This is great news, and I really liked the wireless trading idea. The Japan release even came with a very good bundle for it (download code, cartridge magnet, map and manual):

MXowIpp.jpg

However, there are a few things that come to my mind when these rereleases are announced:

• Are they going to replace the Game Corner slots?
    • Will you get Mew from this game, maybe from an event in the future?
    • Is the game patched to not have the MissingNo bug, or will it remain the same?
    Good questions. 1) Maybe they will for Europe, but they might retain it the way it was for Japan and NA. 2) The official site sayts that if we're lucky we might even run into Mew... so I'm guessing it'll be a rare encounter. Not sure if it's hinting at the Mew glitch.
    3) I hope they edit some of the text too. Like the one saying the Raichu you traded evolved, that evolution line came from Japanese Blue where you trade Haunter over.

Years
  • This is super exciting for me. This is really genwunner of me, but I will probably end up playing these more than the current titles in the series. I genuinely might buy all three games depending on how high the price point is. Maybe I'll have a run at getting the diploma.

This is great news, and I really liked the wireless trading idea. The Japan release even came with a very good bundle for it (download code, cartridge magnet, map and manual):

MXowIpp.jpg

I seriously hope we get stuff like this. I love anything with old pokémon artwork with the really old feel.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I am really looking forward to this. I've been longing to play the old games since I lost them all :( I really want to play Yellow again since it's been really a really long time.

SeleneHime

The pen may be mightier than the sword, but I'll t
    Years
  • Oh, this is tempting. My games still work, but the wireless trading ... Yeah, that's an incentive. If they're affordable I might spring for all three, but if not, probably Blue and Yellow. ^^

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Definitely going to buy Yellow Version right on Feb 27, and I'll probably get Red and Blue later on. Yellow was my first Pokémon game so it seems appropriate, plus I own retail copies of RB which I've replayed recently, but I lost my Yellow Version at least ten years ago and I've yet to buy it again.

What I would really like to know is how much they're going to be, lol...

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I'm not sure how much they'll be on the eShop. However, I'm excited for the games to be released on there because I don't have a working Blue anymore, and I don't know if Yellow's battery is still working.

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
  • I'm going to have to pick up pokemon blue.

That was my first game right when it was released!

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I'll definitely be grabbing up one of the versions; probably Yellow - just so I can get all three of the starters without needing to trade right away.

I'm excited for the nostalgia factor.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Well, this is interesting news, to say the least!

Back in 2013, GF had pretty clearly stated that they won't re-release the original games for the Virtual Console, so I had pretty much written off RBY coming to the Virtual Console. Good to see that they changed their minds and worked the kinks out.

Of course, this now means that Gen 1 is accessible on the 3DS, albeit through a re-release of the originals rather than a new remake. No doubt this means that FRLG will fade away even further into obscurity, since they'll no longer be the most recent release of Gen 1. (Not a bad thing, since FRLG were rubbish remakes, IMO.)

I wonder if GSC re-releases will eventually follow suit? Unlike Gen 1, Gen 2's remakes *can* be played on a 3DS, but HGSS are now 5-6 years old and are becoming harder to find. Tough call.

Thepowaofhax

Spectre
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2017
    As I have always been interested in the original Gen 1 and 2 games, I will probably buy Pokemon Red or Yellow from the eShop.

Years
  • So now Japan's getting a 2DS bundle, too:

Nintendo announced four bundles today which come with a 2DS and a copy of either Pokemon Red, Blue, Green, or Yellow on the 3DS Virtual Console. Consumers will also receive a code for Mew in the classic games as well as X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. The package is topped off with a map, theme, and sticker set.

http://nintendoeverything.com/2ds-f...ary-with-pokemon-3ds-virtual-console-bundles/

EDIT: They're also getting a New 3DS faceplate featuring sprites from Red & Green: http://nintendoeverything.com/japan-getting-latest-pokemon-new-3ds-cover-plates-in-february/

Last edited:
    Years
  • I still haven't made up my mind about which one I'm getting. I'm considering Red since it was the first Pokémon game I played, but haven't played Blue too much. Plus there'll be trades... which I wonder how it'll be done really.

If anything, watch me grab both DX.

Years
  • For the sake of wifi trades, I will probably get it. I just wonder if the Mew glitch will work for this one or if they removed it. If they did remove it, hopefully they do some sort of wifi event so we can get it.

For those who don't know about the Mew glitch, see the video below.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Red, Blue, and Yellow for me. No Green because it's Japan-only, I believe, and I don't have a Japanese 3DS/eShop access (plus, I don't know the language at all). I want to try out a couple of different things on my runs, and I hope to encourage a subsequent GSC release by fully supporting the RBY release to whatever extent possible (well, without buying an anniversary system).

pkmin3033

Yeah, I'll be getting all three as well, one on each of my 3DS...and my mother will want a copy of Yellow on hers as well, so I'll probably be buying four copies of the games before the end of the month. It'll be a while before I get around to Red and Blue though, because I intend to play Yellow again.

Back